Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » "I'm living in a Roleplay forum with str (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hey LFRP forum. Got an interesting idea going on here. So, the idea is based around the idea of Isekais, which is the Japanese term for "alternate world". If you've never heard of this term, basically, it means that the main character has been taken to a world separate from their own without the ability to leave. Think of Aincrad from SAO, Yggdrasil from Overlord, Disboard from No Game No Life, or Belzburg from Konosuba.

Now, here comes the grand twist the people living in the world I will construct will be none other than

giphy.gif

YOU.

The main idea I was thinking was, "Well, what if we weren't in front of a screen, pretending as someone else? What if WE were the protagonists?" I don't particularly have any plot in mind, BUT, I do have the intro and ways to develop our -ahem- "characters" (who is ourselves...) so that we can really get to know each other OOC and IC (When RPing versus not)

Here are my expectations and rules when considering joining:

You DO NOT:
Have to use your real name
Have to give any other real-life information (Height, age, location, etc.)
Have to relay any past experiences.

Now, while you do not have to do any of these, it is completely up to you whether or not you reveal this information. It is completely acceptable to use a persona name and form of a fantasy character. (You can totally play as a wizard version of yourself if you wish :))

You DO:
Have to roleplay as yourself
Have to play as true to your true personality as possible
Have to make (Fake or real) relationships with other RPers.

Now, if you decide to have yourself fall in love with someone after talking, it very obviously does not have to carry over OOC (Strange, IK, but it's on the table ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). If you are in a relationship IRL which you would like to define your character, go ahead. NO SMUT THO. If you wanna do that shit, take it to your PM and never mention it in the RP. If you're in a relationship it's kinda assumed depending on how you talk. (just try to be yourself in this rp (-__-||) )

Also, whatever type of character you wish to be (whether it be a cyborg or drow or sumthin' Idc) is perfectly fine. Just no god-OPing. Give yourself some room to grow. There will be a reasonable explanation to how this works when the RP actually begins.

I tend to range from 3-6 paragraphs per post, so I expect a minimum of one as long as you give the people something to work with. Welp, I have some world-building to do, if you're interested or want to contribute to the idea, just let me know. While a PM is OK, I would much rather you post your interest on this forum please, and thank you.

Yep. That's it. See you soon hopefully.

Yep...

Magic 100%
Mundane? What's that? Magic permeates every part of the setting. Almost everyone has access to strong magic.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 50%
Combat is expected as part of the storyline but it won't dominate the plot.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

2pointO Topic Starter

Bumparoni. Not gonna let this fall to the bottom of LFRP
Hmmm, it does sound interesting
ho? real life? Well aint that a good chance for an actor? *looking at Darky* sure i dont mind kek
pixl.Bee

Huh... this does sound like it could be interesting. I'd like to join, if that's alright
Count me in XD
Nyctelia

I'm interested!
Not gonna lie I have a ridiculous weakness for both isekais and meta (and just casual encounters with characters and the implications of that) so if you’re still accepting players, let me know!
Yuepvr

I would be interested, but I'm not sure how i'll do with paragraphs :P
2pointO Topic Starter

Wow! So much interest. I will be sending a PM to get information about you guys IRL and what kind of "avatar" you want tomorrow! This information is important to world-building because of how unique certain "characters" maybe! Thank you guys again for letting me have a chance. :)
nindyaru

Hey, this is really interesting, I’ve never tried Ooc role play before, is it still open ?
2pointO Topic Starter

Yep! Haven't sent the PM yet!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » "I'm living in a Roleplay forum with str (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus