Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Anatolie (played by suzixspectrum)

Once Anatolie finished up his song, he took a break for a drink of water. His angelic voice, as he would so often say, required the most tender of care. (Though many would contest him on the "angelic" part.)

With his glass of water in one hand, and his lute toted along in the other, he sat down next to Cherry and mused out loud. "I think that song I just sang was actually supposed to be about a centaur, not a goat, but my drawing was so bad I got them confused. I wonder if it still made sense? I mean, it's kinda weird to have a goat pick up a sword, but also I've seen weirder things happen." He paused momentarily to take a drink. While he did so, the presence of the newcomer finally registered in his mind.

"Hey. You, Mister. You just got here, didn't you? I'm Anatolie. You probably figured this out since I was just performing with my lute and all, but I'm a musician. I hope that doesn't bother you or anything. You know, a surprising amount of people really hate bards, and I'm reeeeally not sure why! But anyway, nobody here has thrown anything at me yet, and that happens, like, a lot. So I think I'm having a pretty good day so far. What about you? What do you do?" Though Anatolie was ostensibly supposed to be resting his voice, he really was doing quite the opposite, talking a mile a minute. Continuing to sing would likely have been less stressful on his vocal cords.
Cherry turns to the bard as he sits down next to him, even though the bard was probably talking to himself, Cherry says, “Or it could have been a weregoat that was the hero, since centaurs are usually more horse-y than they are goat-y, or more likely it was a satyr,” he grins at the thought of a centaur having a goat body instead of a horse.
Cherry takes a seconds hesitation to process all of what he just heard, “Pleased to meet you Anatolie, I quite liked the song you played, even if it was about sword wielding goats. Don’t pay a thought to the haters, they’re either elitist snobs or just hate music in general, and I shall remedy the tragedy of nothing being thrown at you.” He pulls out two silver coins and flicks them to Anatolie, they land in front of him on the bar, “I’m James Cherry, but everyone just calls me Cherry. I’m looking for my son, somebody said he might’ve come through here, though he’s probably been zapped to somewhere else by now.”
Void (played by DragonBorn123)

((Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I was waiting to get my device fixed. So now I should be able to respond everyday or every other day! How have you guys been anyway? Also, I'm just gonna do what seems to make more sense after this long vacation--I guess?--from rping.))
Void walked from her room to the bar and sat down on a stool next to Anatolie rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Hey guys." She said with a yawn.
Aello Icewing (played by Angelus-Relator)

(Welcome back)

Aello had left to her room during the night, after cleaning up the bits left from her carving. The next morning found her returning to the tavern, stretching and yawning like a cat. Going to the stables, she feeds and grooms her Dorset (her mount's species) before going to get her own food. Climbing onto a stool, she waved her hand, signaling she wanted to eat.

Taking the finished carving out of a pouch, she placed on the counter, pushing it towards the owner. It was a silent token of thanks.
Anatolie (played by suzixspectrum)

(( Hey! Welcome back! :) ))

Anatolie stared wide-eyed at the coins Cherry gave him, before sweeping them into his bag. "Wow! It's not often I come across someone who, like, really appreciates good music, y'know? I mean, just last week I was performing some poetry at a tavern, with a little bit of lute accompaniment, and this really mean dwarf dumped a strawberry daiquiri on my head! My cute little curls got all soaked, and I'm just so so so glad that none of his drink got on my lute. Well, it wasn't his drink actually, 'cause like, dwarves don't drink girly drinks like that. Not that I've seen, anyway. I'm pretty sure it belonged to his elf friend. He also thought my poetry was terrible, but I mean, that's just the life of a bard and I'm kinda used to it." He paused for a moment, realizing he'd totally forgotten how he got to this story in the first place. "Oh, anyway. It's nice to meet you, Cherry! I shoulda said that sooner. But you know me. Well, now you do. I lose track of what I'm saying."

Even first thing in the morning, he was still as bright and sunshiney as ever. He quite clearly had no concept of the idea that maybe not everyone else was so cheerful when they first woke up. "Ladies, good morning! Hey, you look sleepy," he said, motioning to Void with a little tip of his head. "Do you want me to play something nice and jaunty to wake you up? I'm sure I have a good song for the occasion. And really, we could use some more mirth in this place." The bard began to pick at the strings of his lute, attempting to bring to mind a nice lively melody he could play.
Cherry walks out of his room stretching and into the main area, “Buenos días everyone!” He waves to Void and Anatolie and takes a seat by the woman with long ears and pale skin, “Hello! I don’t think I introduced myself to you last night, the name’s Cherry, do you mind me asking what your’s is?”
Tyro Desit (played by TyroDragon45)

*entering the bar with kiro* And look, just because it's a freaking tank, with dual guns, doesn't mean its required by law to fire it down range into a convoy without the go-ahead..
Kiro (played by TyroDragon45)

Its the principle!

You hit their ammunition racks and the explosion nearly took us with it..

Aello gave the man, whom she learned was named Cherry, a wave. She didn't like to talk in the morning. However, she wasn't feeling snappy, on account of getting a decent night's sleep last night. When she got her food, she also signaled for a cup of cold water. Once receiving that, she dropped some leaved into the water and waited as something seemed to seep out of said leaves. The leaves where small, about the size of a human female's thumb. They were black with a bright white pattern on them.

Eating her meal, the half goblin listened to the din around her. It took a bit, but she realized that Cherry still needed her name. Using common sign language, she spelt out "Aello," before returning to her food.
“Nice to meet pleasure to meet you Aello, unfortunately I only know how to read sign language, not use it. But I do have something back in my room that will help with communication, one second.” He gets up to leave and runs into the newcomers,” Oh my goodness I’m so sor- Tyro? Kiro? How in the nine realms did you get here!?”

Aello couldn't help, but chuckle and give him a small, amused smile. She wasn't deaf, just chose not to speak at the moment. However, before she could correct him, the man had darted off. Hearing the newcomers, she turned to look at them, giving them a warning glare. grabbing her now ready tea, she took a sip, leaving the two leaves she dropped in floating in the liquid.

Kiro wanted to show me a place he considered a "kick a**" bar
“First of all, it’s an inn, not a bar, secondly, I have to go to my room and get something so I’ll be back, and thirdly it’s great to see y’all!” He quickly hugs Tyro and fist bumps Kiro, then heads to his room to rummage through it.

Huh

Welp, kiro go do whatever then, guess im gonna go into the main lobby.. *tyro does so, seeing the people hanging around, and just pulls out his phone, sitting down*

She looks at Tyro and walks over to him. "Hello. My name's Void." She wasn't so great at introductions.
Cherry walks back in holding something and sits back down next to Aello. “Hello again! Sorry for the wait, I’m notoriously bad at looking for things. Speaking of it, here you go,” he hands her a small, leather notebook dyed blue. “Make sure you’re holding the journal when you use it, I’d recommend holding it with the book opened in the middle so it’s balanced. All you have to do is focus on what you want to say, and when I say focus I mean that you gotta be really sure that is what you want to say, and the words should appear on the pages. My son’s half sister asked me to make this for one of her friends who lost their ability to speak.”

Void listened to Cherry speak and, as she did, her curiosity grew. She began to daydream about the possibilities of him having some sort of magic, enchanting abilities or enchantments, and what else he might be able to make.

To humor the male, Aello did as he said, shaking her head in amusement as the following words appeared,
*It's not that I cannot speak, I simply choose not to in order to now wear out my throat. It's simply the scars of an od injury, no worries. That and I need my tea before I can even attempt to speak in the morning.* She sipped said tea as she waited for Cherry's response. The half goblin sighed as the chill of the tea calmed and relaxed her throat; she leaned back slightly for a few minutes, then decided to set the mug down and let the liquid settle in her stomach.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus