Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Aello Icewing (played by Angelus-Relator)

(I'm the same way with a rp friend's character on here. Funny part is, that character can hold his own in a fight, but I always have my character go, "Nope.... you will die, I protect you.")

Aello listened to the song, a foot tapping along with the rhythm. She continued her stone carving, nodding in satisfaction at the visual fact that it was almost done. It was what the locals here called a "Saber cat." She had only seen on a few times traveling in this land, but it was enough for her sharp eyes and mind to memorize how it looked.

(I legit looked up Skyrim animals....I don't play the game.)
Void (played by DragonBorn123)

((Alright I just skimmed through what's been going on and got a pretty good idea of what IS actually going on))
Void thought for a moment about what Anatolie had said and she finally decided that it was a pretty good idea. She knew that there was many types of magic ranging from staffs and raising the dead to self-magic, magic from hands or self, and healing.
The inn’s doors open and a man wearing a long and hooded cloak of what looks like silver colored fabric walks in. He hesitates at the door and studies the room, noticing with surprise that creatures and beings unknown to Tamriel are here. He makes his way to the bar and waits for the Kahjiit.

She sees James enter and sit at the bar. She decided to walk up to him and introduce herself. "Hello. I'm Void." She spoke in a calm and kind voice so as to seem friendly and non-threatening.
Anatolie (played by suzixspectrum)

Anatolie continued to strum away on the lute, belting out an odd tune about a swordswoman (and a goat, a detail which Anatolie never expanded upon because he, himself, had no idea why the goat was involved) who defended her village against some evil tree spirits.

Maybe he was remembering the story wrong? ...No, couldn't be. His "lyric sheets" were infallible. In any case, it was a joyous and triumphant little song with a quick, upbeat rhythm. He was having a blast playing it, too, as evidenced by just how animated he was--grinning and practically bouncing around the room.

When he came to an instrumental bit, he took the opportunity to say a quick "Hello!" to James, who he'd noticed entering the room not long before.

Just as she finished the Saber Cat figure, Aello noticed the newcomer, but didn't acknowledge him. She watched him as she placed the finished figure, which was a tad bigger than her hand, on the table next to her. Grabbing the other half of stone, she started carving that as well, listening to the music being played.
He gives a slight nod to the minstrel when he greets him, he turns to the sound of footsteps and sees the with wings walking towards him. He glances towards the being he’s never seen before, carving a stone, makes a note to eventually try to strike up a conversation with her. He turns back to the winged lady, “Pleasure to meet you Void, I’m Cherry,” he slides his hood off revealing brown, short hair and pale, yet rich blue eyes. A beginning of a tattoo peaks above where his hood lies on his neck.

She noticed Aello finishing and placing the figure, and the start of a tattoo on James' neck. She had heard the song that Anatolie as well. She was highly perceptive at the moment which was more than odd. She then shook her head a small bit and then spoke once more. "Nice to meet you Cherry." She made her way back to the fire and sat next to it, welcoming the red and orange light and warmth.

((Is anyone still here? Just wondering tbh.))
((I am, hopefully the others are as well, I was wanting to meet everyone since y’all seemed to be really cool.))

((Yeah. Well how are you today?))

((I'm still here, just waiting for others to reply))

(( I'm still here too, don't worry :) Been contending with some irl stuff these past few days but will do an IC post when I get the chance. ))

Once Anatolie finished up his song, he took a break for a drink of water. His angelic voice, as he would so often say, required the most tender of care. (Though many would contest him on the "angelic" part.)

With his glass of water in one hand, and his lute toted along in the other, he sat down next to Cherry and mused out loud. "I think that song I just sang was actually supposed to be about a centaur, not a goat, but my drawing was so bad I got them confused. I wonder if it still made sense? I mean, it's kinda weird to have a goat pick up a sword, but also I've seen weirder things happen." He paused momentarily to take a drink. While he did so, the presence of the newcomer finally registered in his mind.

"Hey. You, Mister. You just got here, didn't you? I'm Anatolie. You probably figured this out since I was just performing with my lute and all, but I'm a musician. I hope that doesn't bother you or anything. You know, a surprising amount of people really hate bards, and I'm reeeeally not sure why! But anyway, nobody here has thrown anything at me yet, and that happens, like, a lot. So I think I'm having a pretty good day so far. What about you? What do you do?" Though Anatolie was ostensibly supposed to be resting his voice, he really was doing quite the opposite, talking a mile a minute. Continuing to sing would likely have been less stressful on his vocal cords.
Cherry turns to the bard as he sits down next to him, even though the bard was probably talking to himself, Cherry says, “Or it could have been a weregoat that was the hero, since centaurs are usually more horse-y than they are goat-y, or more likely it was a satyr,” he grins at the thought of a centaur having a goat body instead of a horse.
Cherry takes a seconds hesitation to process all of what he just heard, “Pleased to meet you Anatolie, I quite liked the song you played, even if it was about sword wielding goats. Don’t pay a thought to the haters, they’re either elitist snobs or just hate music in general, and I shall remedy the tragedy of nothing being thrown at you.” He pulls out two silver coins and flicks them to Anatolie, they land in front of him on the bar, “I’m James Cherry, but everyone just calls me Cherry. I’m looking for my son, somebody said he might’ve come through here, though he’s probably been zapped to somewhere else by now.”

((Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I was waiting to get my device fixed. So now I should be able to respond everyday or every other day! How have you guys been anyway? Also, I'm just gonna do what seems to make more sense after this long vacation--I guess?--from rping.))
Void walked from her room to the bar and sat down on a stool next to Anatolie rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Hey guys." She said with a yawn.
(( Welcome back! Glad your phone is fixed! ))

(Welcome back)

Aello had left to her room during the night, after cleaning up the bits left from her carving. The next morning found her returning to the tavern, stretching and yawning like a cat. Going to the stables, she feeds and grooms her Dorset (her mount's species) before going to get her own food. Climbing onto a stool, she waved her hand, signaling she wanted to eat.

Taking the finished carving out of a pouch, she placed on the counter, pushing it towards the owner. It was a silent token of thanks.

(( Hey! Welcome back! :) ))

Anatolie stared wide-eyed at the coins Cherry gave him, before sweeping them into his bag. "Wow! It's not often I come across someone who, like, really appreciates good music, y'know? I mean, just last week I was performing some poetry at a tavern, with a little bit of lute accompaniment, and this really mean dwarf dumped a strawberry daiquiri on my head! My cute little curls got all soaked, and I'm just so so so glad that none of his drink got on my lute. Well, it wasn't his drink actually, 'cause like, dwarves don't drink girly drinks like that. Not that I've seen, anyway. I'm pretty sure it belonged to his elf friend. He also thought my poetry was terrible, but I mean, that's just the life of a bard and I'm kinda used to it." He paused for a moment, realizing he'd totally forgotten how he got to this story in the first place. "Oh, anyway. It's nice to meet you, Cherry! I shoulda said that sooner. But you know me. Well, now you do. I lose track of what I'm saying."

Even first thing in the morning, he was still as bright and sunshiney as ever. He quite clearly had no concept of the idea that maybe not everyone else was so cheerful when they first woke up. "Ladies, good morning! Hey, you look sleepy," he said, motioning to Void with a little tip of his head. "Do you want me to play something nice and jaunty to wake you up? I'm sure I have a good song for the occasion. And really, we could use some more mirth in this place." The bard began to pick at the strings of his lute, attempting to bring to mind a nice lively melody he could play.
Cherry walks out of his room stretching and into the main area, “Buenos días everyone!” He waves to Void and Anatolie and takes a seat by the woman with long ears and pale skin, “Hello! I don’t think I introduced myself to you last night, the name’s Cherry, do you mind me asking what your’s is?”

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Interdimensional Hangout

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus