Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » IC: Your character's unpopular opinions!

Nemo (played anonymously)

Hello! Here's how this goes: Your character posts an unpopular (or just plain weird) opinion. The next character to post replies with their reaction (whether they agree, disagree, or maybe even think the opinion isn't actually that unpopular at all), and follows up with their own unpopular opinion, and so on and so forth. Your post can be as literate or as simple as you want as long as you have fun with it! They can be trivial, ridiculously specific, or serious (although personally I think the more trivial yet "controversial" the opinion is the funnier—).

THAT SAID: As per RPR's rules, do not bring real-life politics and religion into this. This game is not your personal soapbox for bigotry!

Also please remember, the opinions of people's characters aren't necessarily their creators'! Case in point: our starter opinion below—
_____

"...Oh! Sticks, I actually need to think—" They brought two gloved hands together to where their mouth would be. After a while, there's a careful nod. "Think I got it? Right, so! Kinda said this someplace else, but still stand by it: Marshmallows in hot chocolate? BAD, actually. The slimey texture is just..." Somewhere from underneath the scarf came the muffled attempt at a disgusted raspberry. "I mean, did you really have to go and put lumps of slime in milk—"

"Sorry, it's just... in my experience, chunks in your milk? Not usually a good sign! Or am I wrong?"
Clover (played anonymously)

"I will fight you on this. The more sugary garbage you can put into hot chocolate, the better! And the point is for the marshmallows to melt completely, so you don't have to deal with the slime!" Despite her declaration of 'I will fight you', Clover was clearly being a bit overly dramatic for entertainment purposes. She didn't really care how other people preferred their hot chocolate, after all.
"Alright, my opinion. Roses don't actually smell that great. Their scent is too overpowering."
" Someone said what?" The scrawny Valra poked his head out of the shadows with the utmost curiosity. A smile soon stretched across his face as he stepped into the open. " Finally someone who understands overpowering scents! Never turn a rose into perfume they will burn your nose so you cannot smell for weeks! It is pure murder to the senses!" He groaned and covered his nose at the same time.

" I noticed others gross out or run when I eat raw or what they call rancid meat. What is so terrible about it? Fresh raw meat is so tender, juicy, and addictive while 'rancid' meat is like good cheese, aged to perfection" A point was made in the air with his talon while his mind drifted off, thinking of the succulent treats. Suddenly he shook his head. " I don't see how anyone can enjoy cooked meats. They taste burnt...yuk"
Beetle (played by Jejune)

“Hun...how about you take some doughnuts instead?” She looked slightly disgusted, but tried to hide it nonetheless, handing them a plate of warm gooey doughnuts.

“As for me, I think that nature is underrated! People always complain about the bugs and scariness of it.” She’d sigh a bit, shaking her head. “It’s a beautiful world out there!”
Aquila Arrowwing (played anonymously)

"I completely agree! Nature is amazing."
"Heights... I'm not afraid of them. A lot of people are, though..."
Anatolie (played by suzixspectrum)

“Wow, you must be really brave! I get so scared... you don’t get that weird wooshy feeling when you’re standing on the edge of something high up? How?? What’s the secret? Please, mister, share this forbidden knowledge with me, ‘cause it’d be so so so helpful for my travels, and I’d look so much cooler if I could walk near a ledge without crying.”

“Okay. I hate to get all controversial here but I gotta say it: Ghost stories are the best. The spookier they are, the better.”
Nemo (played anonymously) Topic Starter

“Oh! Eh... only at a campfire? All stories are important, and ghost stories can be loads of fun, but well, y’know. I need them to be some place specific so I can mentally prepare for them, and that they won’t well... end up becoming a Thing, for whatever reason.” They tap at their head. “Contingency plans, that sort of thing. Also, I’d rather be in a group if we’re going to be scaring each other—

“Uhhh. Oh okay—probably not the first to claim this, but I think I may still need to take cover for this one. Cereal,” and they pause for dramatic effect, “Is technically cold soup.”
Zipactli (played anonymously)

"..............."

"Alright, you're just blowing my mind right now, eh?"

"Me? Eh... an unpopular opinion? Hm..well, I'm pretty unpopular where I come from anyway but.. I've always had a poor opinion of people that rely on magical items to do their fighting for them. If you can absolutely not fight at all without your fancy magic sword, then you're not really a warrior, eh?"
Aquila Arrowwing (played anonymously)

"I see your point, but sometimes people have to fight, even when they're not warriors. Having something magical would be good to rely on, then, if someone was faced with combat that they weren't prepared for. Like a back-up plan."
"I'm sorry, I don't know how much sense that made... but anyway, here's my next possibly-unpopular opinion: It's better not to have anyone you can call family, rather than sticking with people who have hurt you and don't deserve to hold that title. I'm not saying all people should reject their families, of course! - but it's better to do that than to have harmful people in your life. Being related to someone doesn't mean you owe them your loyalty."
Sadly, I....wouldn't really know anythinh of it, but yeah. Don't feed yourself the illusion that because theyre your family that they love you when they abuse or hurt you. Unpopular opinion:It doesn't matter how "overpowered" Something is lore wise because it can just be balanced when actually implemented into something
Primordial Beast - TAL (played by Churchtuary)

"ROAR!!"

"GODMODDING IS BAD, YOUR POWER TRIP IS NOT 'EPIC', YOUR PROTAGONIST IS TOO EDGY"

"ROAR"

-- This is Tal's genuine opinion. IC =/= OOC, please.
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

"Oh my! Don't I ever agree with you on that one! I'm also not a huge fan of people determining the actions of another, which is almost the same thing, but not quite. We are not your pawns!" Jim exclaims and then begins to belt out the anthem of 'Do You Hear the People Sing?'

"I know this might just get me into all kinds of trouble," he starts with a sheepish shrug of the shoulders. "But I just gotta say that Daffy has it over Donald. He's wild, untethered, and a bit off his rocker. Goodness, just like someone else I know!"
Mr. L. Winter (played anonymously)

"Donald was too domestic and fat, a good table bird for Sunday lunch."

"Stealing books from libraries. I know it sounds petty but at a young age, you need to start from somewhere. Observe the last borrowed date, several months earlier should suffice gesturing the book is seldom read. Scrutinize the cover and pages for marks and damages, take note if the author penned their endorsement, it should add value. Inquire about the rarity of the publication...Once you have assessed the book and removed it.....Well, I won't go into the tedious details, but it may fetch a satisfactory sum."
Shanni Auclair (played by Falyn)

"Agreed...no, wait what!?! No! I would not only extend this to books, but also to those who think that taking artifacts and relics from cultures other than their own is quite alright. Return antiquities to the country of origin or closest representative, including rare books and manuscripts!"

"Unpopular opinion about people who have a martyr complex and/or are self-destructive. Don`t bother to form attachments or relationships if you're that type! Grrrrrr, in fact here let me hasten your demise and see you to your grave. Spare others any lasting pain from forming attachments to you!!!"
James Moriarty (played by Atheist)

Jim feels vaguely called out, but then he realizes that couldn't possibly apply to him. He was Jim and that mindset alone was enough to keep him on his course. "Preach it, sister. In fact, allow me to help you with that endeavor."

Moriarty then clears his throat and rises upon his soapbox, incredulous and ready for a textbook backlash. Villains, after all, generally weren't allowed to complain, but he'd see how far he could get in spite of it all. "Casting pearls before swine is an unfortunate commonality 'round these parts it seems. Some people put in so much effort to their work only to have others come about and apply next to nothing in return, and yet demand the same courtesy of reward. It's grating. I appreciate my status -- I've worked too hard to get to where I am only to be pushed about by boring immortals and petulant children."
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"I can't say that I fully understand," Maisi admits honestly. "But I do agree that working hard to get somewhere, only to be greeted with chastisement and a dozen others who didn't work half so hard, is frustrating. To be expected--but frustrating."

She clears her throat, rocking back on her heels demurely and folding her hands behind her back. "Now," she begins. "I don't know if this is exactly an unpopular opinion, but I haven't met anyone that agrees with me yet, so--" A small shrug punctuates her speech before she resumes, grinning, "Hairless cats are actually pretty cute! They sort of look like three different animals in one and, I don't know, I just think they're neat."
The Werelion (played anonymously)

"Hairless... cats...hmrrr??" Xochi shakes her head slowly. "But the hair is the best part. How can you tell who is King without a mane, hmrr?" She says this as she runs her fingers across her spiky mess of hair, obviously very proud of it.

"Hmmrr." The woman's slitted eyes dilate slightly as she thinks of something that is not popular. Honestly, Xochi would like to think she's very popular, but she definitely knows better.

"Fighting someone is a great way to know them, hmrr.. so... challenging someone to a fight... makes for a great first date!" She nods, liking her logic but aware a lot of people disagree.
“It’s great until it becomes a habit and your friends enable that as a way to work out disagreements and then it makes for later incivility. Don’t do it.”

“Ketchup on anything other than fries is gross, it just doesn’t feel right.”
Darrell Sanders (played by Rogue-Scribe)

“Nah man... ketchup is needed to make baked-beans... at least mine. And I like it on my hamburgers as well.”

Darrell thinks about taking a break from the studio to go make some baked beans...

“What about mustard on your burgers and hotdogs? I have to have some... a little.. of the standard yellow on mine.”
"I'm totally down with that! That's what mustard was made for man," Trevor says tightening a bolt before dropping the hood. "Here's one for you! Karen Carpenter could have been one of the 5 greatest rock drummers of all time had the Carpenters management let her and her brother be themselves and given them creative reign to explore things musically."

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » IC: Your character's unpopular opinions!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus