Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » IC: Your character's unpopular opinions!

"I don't even know who Karen Carpenter is, so I can't really weigh in." Theo pops open the helmet of the Iron Man suit to reveal his face. "As for me, I think that my old man was more concerned with boosting his own ego than bettering the world with his money and technology. I mean, the whole Ultron incident was mostly his fault. He also let Thanos have the Time Stone, which effectively doomed half the world. And don't get me started on the rest of the Avengers." He decides to stop himself there as so to not ramble. "Not that y'all care about my opinions, or even care about me at all."
“...are you okay? I mean, I’ve witnessed the world literally almost get sucked in to a black hole because someone decided he needed to destroy what even created the world and I thought that was bad so I agree that ego gets in the way of pretty much everything, no matter what the intention is because either way...the world will probably have a near-death experience at their hands.”

“Taking ancient books without being noticed sounds fun and all until it literally starts yelling and blows your cover and now you have a bounty on your head from a now former ally...oops...”
"Do what now? Talking books that are yelling at you? That sounds like a bad acid trip. Here's my unpopular opinion. Some of us are meant to have a career. You know, go to an office or a construction site or do what people consider 'real work'. But some of us were meant to perform or follow our dreams. I don't think that makes you lazy or flighty or whatever. You're doing what you were meant to do!"
Greg Lestrade (played by Atheist)

"Yet, you still have to earn your keep along the way," Greg added for good measure. It was as though he were speaking from experience. "By all means, follow your dreams, but understand that it takes effort, dedication, and hard, earnest work to achieve them."

Greg really didn't know where to start with all of this, but he knew what was on his mind at the moment, so he decided to just go with it.

"Some people are who they are," he spoke as though he had experience in this regard as well. "And it is not our place to expect them to change for our benefit, but that's never been a reason for one to stop trying to improve oneself."
Maisi Dennis (played anonymously)

"That's an excellent point!" Maisi agrees, tacking on a little sheepishly, "It can be easy to lose sight of goals for self-improvement, though, if you get caught up thinking about all the self-improvement that has to be done..."

The artist hides a yawn behind her hand, scouring her mental filing cabinets for one of her various unpopular opinions. "Oh," she hums after a brief silence. "Here's one I've nearly been mobbed for: not all country music is bad!"

She puts her hands up in an expression of innocence to dissuade anyone from retorting too quickly, smiling partially. "Sure, there's the stereotypical 'beer, women and trucks' business, but there are quite a few nice songs about being free-spirited, appreciating home, missing loved ones, and finding your place in the world. Besides, I like a little funky banjo and guitar now and then."
Shudders before her face hardens. "Bad memories associated with a royal jerk who liked country and wanted to dedicate country songs to me." She purses her lips and seems to relent for a moment, her eyes not as hard as they were a minute ago. "Yeah, there are some I like. I've always liked Kenny Rogers and country artists of his generation."

She turns and gives the person closes, a fierce look, baring her even white teeth. "This culture of worship and falling in love with the idea of vampires needs to stop! They are &**^ undead! Corpses that should have rotten away and passed on, but instead hold on by feeding on blood from living organism, be it humans or animals. Vampires are parasites! Stop thinking them to be sparkly misunderstood individuals! How attractive is a tick to you, because that's really what a vampire is! Stop daydreaming about 'twinkly" boys and girls and think Nosferatu or even worse, a genetically engineered monstrosity that will rip your head off with one swipe of its hand and drink your blood from your decapitated head with the other."

"Oh and you silly people who want to be used as blood bags, don't even get me started!!!" She huffs in utter disgust. "You just make our jobs as slayers harder. Do you expect others to save you? Do yourselves and us a favour and stop thinking it's hot being a living meal to grotesque, overgrown undead lice!"
Geimhreadh (played anonymously)

"I hardly fall under the category of undead, corpse, or rotting away, and I defiantly do not 'twinkle', nor resemble a tick. Yet I proudly admit my strong vampiric tendencies. As for ripping heads off? I hardly think it's worth it, I prefer to drink them dry, savoring each mouthful and listening to their painful gasps from their trembling pale lips." He offered Lark a brief snarl bearing the white canines.
"I believe those that refuse to understand what you are and are blinded by their beliefs and hatred, distrust or contempt for other species, only see black and white in their judgment. They, are the more dangerous and unstable, and usually turn out to be the true monster, even with a pretty face." He paused for a moment then offered a playful grin. "And anyway, vampire seduction is the fashion and like the colour black, it will never go out of fashion."
Pwent Thibbledorf (played anonymously)

"Ey, wotever gets yer the next meal, mate. Sometimes the whole charming angle works just fine to lure someone, but sometimes.." The dwarven vampire licked his elongated canines. "Sometimes ye just gotta rip a git's throat out, ye know wot I'm sayin'??"

"Moving on, heh, before I get too graphic 'ere. I think evil overlords that let their minions do all their fightin' fer 'em are repulsively weak. If yer evil and yer in charge, ye gotta get in there and show them puny heroes who's boss."
Cori Woods (played by Kidd)

"Okay, no--that's not fair at all. If you're in charge, it's your job to stay back. Leave the glory to your minions-- I mean, subordinates. They deserve it and you can trust them to get the job done.

"Besides, if you're struggling on the front line, there's no way you'll have a clear enough view of the whole field to give necessary orders. People need direction--it's the boss' job to direct them."

Cori paused after her rant. "Anyway. In love, it's better to choose someone who makes you feel passionate and unpredictiable over someone who makes you feel medicore and safe." She seemed unsure--like she was fishing for advice.
Marcus Little (played by AgentMilkshake)

"I guess. It can be good to push boundaries and challenge yourself, ya know? Like as long as it is in a good way. Now here is one for you... old vinyl sounds better than digital any day! The pops and crackles give music life!"
Drans (played by Wandering_Mary)

"I mean... I do enjoy both since I've lived long enough to hear them both in their prime, however I believe that there is no god nor is there an afterlife at all, but that could just be me." Drans stated, promptly falling asleep afterwards
Torox (played by TyroDragon45)

Well, perhaps not ones that are physically uncomprehensible, however i can assure you that we have 2 gods of our own that of which are very physically real...As for my own seperate opinion, I feel like people are always too quick to assume everything, always making a fuss about matters not worth paying attention to
Greg Lestrade (played by Atheist)

"I can agree with that. Or perhaps even stir up unnecessary trouble for the sake of showing off, or just blatant disregard for others in the vicinity. Take these recent troublemakers, for example," Greg stated flatly. "All they want to do is showboat their powers and have absolutely no consideration for the rules laid down or the innocent bystanders who happen to get in their way. It's ridiculous!"

He reaches up to give his scruffy chin a thoughtful grazing. "I think what's been really chafing me as of late, is the complete and utter disrespect people have shown toward the more productive members of our fair community. If I apply myself, think real hard about something, and put in all the effort I can muster to express that idea and all I get in return his half-witted replies, I feel as though everything was wasted. I mean, you can't do anything about it but move on, but it still seems so disappointing. I imagine Sherlock would have worded it quite differently..."

The Scotland Yard inspector shrugs, his exacerbation apparent. "I suppose it is what it is though."
Stridsvagn 103 (played by Wandering_Mary)

"i vouldlden agree friendnden, bootten howevennr peoplenn are idiotstsen and followwen der flowwen. ve needden morenn peoplenn datten go againstnsten der flowwen, vidden goodden intentionsnsen, i howevennr believenn datten everyonenn is an idiotten unlessssen provennn oderwisenn"
Ruin (played anonymously)

"Make your enemy burn with suffering before they slowly demise, eliminate their loved ones, one person at a time. Make them hate you more, make them shrivel and mourn with despair. Bring them down into the black hole you dug for them with your malice and revenge."
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

"No, that's actually valid. Salting the earth and taking all one has one by one, from their treats to their loved ones, is a surefire way to motivate someone enough to kill you with enough respect. If, of course, that was the 'respect' in mind. It turns people into monsters, but if you weren't one, you wouldn't have needed to drag someone else down in the first place. A quick kill would be more merciful." Rosaline started, taking a long sip of wine, as if this was a topic that needed some inebriation to talk about. "Just don't ask how I know."

"Well, I suppose that would be my unpopular opinion. Passionate kills aren't quite my favourite flavour to swallow. Rather be over and done with it." Another gulp.
Marcus is utilitarian to a fault, he always considers the greater good to be a valid excuse for momentary sacrifice regardless of how extreme, amoral or harsh it may seem, however, the problem arises when one attempts to define the greater good because all definitions arise as subjective. Marcus concludes progress and order are mutual and his beliefs are strongly in-line with imperial objectivism and disciplinarian stoicism, he believes the Empire to be the sole agent capable of balancing order and liberty in a manner conducive towards progress and that those whom oppose it merely hinder the progress of the species as a collective. The Empire transcends culture, creed, caste, and race, it unifies all under one banner, and to Marcus that is appealing. He realizes the Empire isn't perfect but views it as the least of all evils and believes that should the Empire be able to garner power it will transcend ineffective forms of governance and society. This power will allow the Empire to propel itself towards the betterment of all Tyranoth and move closer to a fairer, more just and more equal society, not perfect ofcourse, but better nonetheless and he'll take it.

The great dilemma ofcourse, is the cost of attaining such power and hegemony, leading inevitably to morally dubious or deplorable acts and cyclical conflict.
Dael (played by Quillweave)

"I am not a particularly - political man, but my belief is that complete or nigh complete power will nearly always corrupt. those who hold it" Dael's expression hardens, lips thinned. "If those in power are never questioned or threatened, never need fear retaliation, then they will inevitably take advantage of it and conflict will only rise again, in time. I do not know if there is a solution that could promise eternal peace, but any force claiming it is 'for the greater good' should be scrutinized closely."

A beat. He frowns, then glances upwards. "... I suppose my 'unpopular opinion' would be that violence should always be a last resort."
Flynn (played by Riik)

"Now who told you that was unpopular...? Or maybe I'm just kidding myself. I suppose it would be more accurate of me to say that that avoiding violence except when everything else is exhausted should be a popular concept. Alas..."

"Un-pop-u-lar.... un-pop-u-lar... hmm.... oh! I know! Live and let live! As long as nobody is being harmed - and I suppose that includes damage to expensive or sentimental objects - who cares what other people think or do? So my unpopular opinion is that... people should be allowed to think in weird ways or like weird stuff, even if it's not considered normal... so long as, you know, it's not something harmful. Like... I like hats with animal faces on them. Not real faces from real animals, of course. But anyway, people call me immature for wearing them, but why is it immature to be who I wanna be? Social normality is not a sign of correctness. It's a sign of being boring!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » IC: Your character's unpopular opinions!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus