Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Writing Sites

VdG3.gif

Hey there, everyone!

I am slowly getting back to my writings, and I'm looking for a new writing platform. I am still okay with my current one, which is Wattpad, but I was wondering if there are other cool places to post my stories. I did search for some, but I wasn't sure if it was the right place for me. I write a lot of fantasy novelettes and short stories. I also write poems. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I do love to hear about them. Thanks in advance!

Love,
<3 Hibari <3
I’ve just recently started writing on AO3 and it’s wonderful! Sitting on the waitlist is much less time consuming as it sounds- I requested to have an account, it took about a week and I received the link!

The site seems a bit daunting upon first glances- lots of buttons and tabs, but don’t overthink it too much and it’s easy to understand!
HibariHaru013 Topic Starter

strawberry_champion wrote:
I’ve just recently started writing on AO3 and it’s wonderful! Sitting on the waitlist is much less time consuming as it sounds- I requested to have an account, it took about a week and I received the link!

The site seems a bit daunting upon first glances- lots of buttons and tabs, but don’t overthink it too much and it’s easy to understand!

I'll check it out! :)
HibariHaru013 wrote:
VdG3.gif

Hey there, everyone!

I am slowly getting back to my writings, and I'm looking for a new writing platform. I am still okay with my current one, which is Wattpad, but I was wondering if there are other cool places to post my stories. I did search for some, but I wasn't sure if it was the right place for me. I write a lot of fantasy novelettes and short stories. I also write poems. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I do love to hear about them. Thanks in advance!

Love,
<3 Hibari <3

You can try Quotev! I use it and it is such a GREAT platform! <3
Rogue-Scribe

You could give Writing dot com a look. A very nice online writing site.

Thanks, @ImCitrus and @Rogue-Scribe! I'll check these out!
Ditto for Writing.Com. It's been ages since I was active there, and it's definitely got some steep limitations without payment, but I always found the community to be pretty pleasant and there's tons of newbie-support initiatives. :)
Felicia_Marie2000

I was going to say writing.com I heard was really good though I haven’t tried it out yet but will later…. Also what is your Wattpad? I would actually like to read your work!

Zelphyr wrote:
Ditto for Writing.Com. It's been ages since I was active there, and it's definitely got some steep limitations without payment, but I always found the community to be pretty pleasant and there's tons of newbie-support initiatives. :)

Haven't checked it yet and I see that majority are suggesting it so far. Must be really good. Haha 😆

Felicia_Marie2000 wrote:
I was going to say writing.com I heard was really good though I haven’t tried it out yet but will later…. Also what is your Wattpad? I would actually like to read your work!

I'm a bit shy about my works since they all need revisions and I did I unpublish some stories because of that, but if you want to check, my Wattpad can be seen in my RPR Profile. I think I still have my poems and a novel in the account? Haven't checked. hehe
Felicia_Marie2000

HibariHaru013 wrote:
Felicia_Marie2000 wrote:

I'm a bit shy about my works since they all need revisions and I did I unpublish some stories because of that, but if you want to check, my Wattpad can be seen in my RPR Profile. I think I still have my poems and a novel in the account? Haven't checked. hehe

I had just followed you and will be looking at what you have up soon! I only have role play starters up at the moment so don't really have anything special up....

Felicia_Marie2000 wrote:
HibariHaru013 wrote:
Felicia_Marie2000 wrote:

I had just followed you and will be looking at what you have up soon! I only have role play starters up at the moment so don't really have anything special up....

Definitely following you back 😊
I would also like to add that I'm pretty sure AO3 is fandom only! I think you can skirt by with some broad topics (like Dungeons and Dragons, which is so often homebrewed fanfic can look like almost anything) but still haha. I was wondering this myself though and will be checking out Writing dot Com!
Well, I think I only log in maybe a couple times a year anymore, but y'all looking at Writing.Com, feel free to peep at my lingering stuff: http://Writing.Com/authors/dragonmoon

Some of it's at least appeared here anyway. XD

From these replies, I think I'll be making an account on Writing.com . Let's see how it goes. XD
I've seen websites like RoyalRoad and Scribblehub not getting any attention but both are very valid sites! You might like either of them <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Writing Sites

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus