Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Wander (played anonymously)

"Yeah, it was spiked"
She slowly began to walk towards the crowd of walruses, stopping her shouting as her eyes darted around the massive, MASSIVE crowd. She loves this already. Walruses. She wouldn't admit it, but she had never seen a walrus in real life before this moment.

This mission was going to be so fun.

"Now, I'm going to ask rather nicely at first just to see if this is deceptively simple- Which one of you has the locket?" T is trying to ask questions to walruses. Not the height of her scientific career. Don't blame her; she studies parasites, not aquatic mammals!
Nexus Miravi (played by xedite)

Nexus was rather confused by the sight of parading walruses running amok, but continued to sip at her apparently spiked punch from her seat. Sure wasn't her problem.
..Wow, what was in this anyways? This is clearest her head had felt in years.
" spiked? what does that mean?" he asked as he fell onto the floor

Wander walks over to Wendy "So you enjoy cleaning?" Wander was trying his best to start a conversation.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Oh yes, I did say betting. But the game is already underway; the options for a fair wager are narrowing as we speak," answers the Duchess smoothly to the Merchant.

The walruses stare at T Mori. She is asking questions of walruses. Unlike the talking dog at the party, these animals do not appear to speak any English. Or any other human language, for that matter. One of the big bulls flops toward her, raising his head in a display of tusks. The ground seems to shake as he moves.
Wendy (played anonymously)

The female chucked as she watched the walruses “just tell me if you want help finding that locket” she said softly
Sterling (played by silvercinder)

.... Of all the things Sterling was expecting to find when he walked into the elaborate masquerade party, a parading herd of walruses was Not one of them. Feathered wings beat, lifting the humanonoid dragon above the chaos below, which he watched with considerable amusement.

"Well, this is certainly a first for me"
"... alright. I have deduced that none of you speak english. One small step for me, one giant leap for purple." Her dress was already getting rather dirty. She then rushed through the crowd, leaving the occasional purple smear on some walruses as she brushed past. She's looking very, very hard for this locket, and certainly won't be accepting any help! What sort of apocalypse-starter would she be if she asked for HELP finding a LOCKET in a SEA OF WALRUSES?!

"Come onnnn, lockety wockety pocketyyyy... I wanna surprise the Duchess tonight!" She whispered to herself.
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"You know wouldn't it funny if it turned out that in fact I had the locket all along?" Elliot asked nobody in particular. "Not that I do... in fact I don't think I've ever actually had a locket before."

Wander wandered back over to the drinks
Flightless Byrd (played anonymously)

Byrd suddenly slips back onto the scene, almost as if she's been there the whole time. She hears someone mention walruses, sees several new faces and several familiar ones, and realizes there is now only one Duchess. Well, that's good.

Someone was saying something about spiked punch, but seeing a squeaky toy go sailing off into the distance distracted her from investigating the punch thing further.

"My my," she hums, watching the toy fly out of sight before looking at the punter -- none other than the fiddler she'd seen earlier. "Someone doesn't like dog toys, I see."

Smiling slightly, she nods along to the tune he's playing and glances about casually as if looking for anyone open to dancing.
Nexus Miravi (played by xedite)

"First time, dragon-boy? You look like you don't see this sort of thing every day." Nexus gave a wink in Sterling's direction, crossing one leg over the other.
pan stumbled I've to Elliot and asked . " heya my friend, what does spiked means?"
Elliot Scratchclaw (played by Riik)

"Depends. Stabbed with a spike would be one possibility," Elliot said. "Though I've heard it as an expression used when someone puts alcohol into a drink that's not supposed to have it. Which is obscene, in my books. Alcohol is pretty dangerous to some people..." Though Elliot's tone seemed to take it a lot more personal than the phrase 'some people' suggested.
The Duchess (played by Kim) Topic Starter

The Walrus herd seems quite alarmed that someone is suddenly running among them, and begin flopping in all directions, heaving their massive bulks around dangerously... But what was that? Was that a flash of silver from somewhere in the crowd?
" oh.... I drank alcohol?" he asked as he looked at them. " that explains the blurry vision" he said as he looked around

Wander walks to the table, trying to get on.
The Merchant (played by FishyFrisk)

This really was more of a hero thing. He really shouldn’t.

“I’ll bite.” Darn.

He looked to walruses with some thought. “Riddles aren’t my strong suit if there is one, but speaking of biting—Let me see.” He searches his pouch, an arm going slightly too deep into it.

Out comes… a tuna can? “…Close enough. Friends of great mass!” He waved the can around, trying to get a good look at the walruses in the process. “All yours for a locket!”
A Humble Fiddler (played by Zelphyr)

Well, he had hoped that no one would notice, but it seemed he'd been caught. He knew the right sorts of facial expressions to usually play off such a thing, but that was no help when only his eyes could be seen. It would be hard to give any sort of shrug, even, while playing his violin. At least it didn't look like it had been taken too seriously.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Official Event: Winter Masquerade 2021

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus