Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I am so confused

Hello, please call me Glass! I'm new to rp and I woke up like an hour ago. Am I an alien or sleep deprived precious metal artisan student*? Nobody knows.
Either way I've been interested in trying roleplaying for some time now, but only now have I taken a step to look into it.
I think I would like to do fandom roleplays, but I am open to completely original settings too.

Fandoms I'm into
[*] Pokemon
[*] Kimetsu no yaiba / demon slayer
[*] Dragon Age
[*] Valheim
[*] Dying Light 2
[*] Harry Potter
[*] Animal Crossing New Horizons
[*] Zelda

Please speak nerd to me about any of these fandoms. The ones I've bolded I'd like to RP using original characters. I'm fine using main characters as like side characters/supporting cast or as main characters with oc's.

Also please tell me your favorite gem so I can tell you fun facts about them like what kind of jewelry they are good for and how often you should use them.

*fancy way of saying I'm studying to become a goldsmith. Though goldsmith is actually a master's degree I won't get for like 15 years because of reasons.
Welcome to RPR, we hope you enjoy your time here and find the rps and people you are looking for!
Welcome to RPR!!!
Spooky_101

π™·πšŽπš•πš•πš˜ πšŠπš—πš πš πšŽπš•πšŒπš˜πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πšπ™Ώπš! 𝙸 πš‘πš˜πš™πšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšŽπš—πš“πš˜πš’ πš’πš˜πšžπš› 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒 πš‘πšŽπš›πšŽ. π™·πšŠπšŸπšŽ 𝚊 πš—πš’πšŒπšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚒/πš—πš’πšπš‘πš/πšŠπšπšπšŽπš›πš—πš˜πš˜πš—
Hi, and welcome to RPR! Enjoy your stay here!

(Oh, and my favorite gem has to be a diamond, since it’s my birthstone. Rubies are cool too.)
Hi there, Glass! Welcome to RPR! We're super happy to have you here, and good luck finding your people! <3
(also please do a emerald ^^)
Hello Glass and welcome to RPR! :)
Hello glass welcome to our community of roleplaying!
Hello Glass! Welcome to the RPR!! I hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do, if you need help with anything just let any one of these amazing people know, and you’ll get the guidance you need. Have a great day/night!
Hello, and welcome to RPR!

I hope you enjoy your stay here. To help you out, I've compiled a list of some useful links to get you started. Don't worry, you can take your time and browse them at your own convenience.
Site Rules
This should be your first step. It details expectations for you using the site itself, and carries over to the forums, as the forums are part of the site.

Forum Rules
This should be your next step. Make sure you know the rules of what things are and aren't allowed. They're pretty simple to follow and are there to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

New to Roleplay?
This will explain what roleplay is, and some of the basics to help you understand it better.

Getting started
Explains what RPR is, how to create a character, and how to find an RP to join.

Character Creation Guide
This goes into more depth on how to create and edit a character profile.

Creating Kickbutt Character Profiles
This will give you tips on how to spice up your character profiles to attract more potential RP partners.

Find RP
If you already have a character created, this is where you can go to seek out an RP to join in.

Looking for RP
If you have an idea for your own RP and want to find someone to join it, this is the place to post. Try to add as much information as possible so your potential RP partners know exactly what you're looking for.

Help Database
There are plenty of other very helpful articles here that I didn't link. When you have time, have a browse through it to see if there's something else you think might be of use to you.
If you have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! Everyone here is very friendly and will help as much as possible, so don't be shy! I hope you have a wonderful time here and find tons of amazing people to create awesome stories with. :)
Claine Moderator

Hi there!! Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

(My favourite gemstone is the opal. A childhood memory of mine is going to an opal mine in Coober Pedy and looking for little shards of opals in the waste rock)
glassgut Topic Starter

arcanas wrote:
Hi, and welcome to RPR! Enjoy your stay here!

(Oh, and my favorite gem has to be a diamond, since it’s my birthstone. Rubies are cool too.)

Hello and thank you!

Diamond is a great gem! You can use it in any jewelry and it comes in good array of colors. You can also wear it everyday since barely anything scratches it. When you think of diamond the shape you're thinking of is most likely diamond with brilliant cut! That cut was specifically designed for diamonds to make them look good as possible while also keeping as much of the diamond as possible.
Fun fact! There are few companies that can turn ash or hair into diamonds.
glassgut Topic Starter

Alidal wrote:
Hi there, Glass! Welcome to RPR! We're super happy to have you here, and good luck finding your people! <3
(also please do a emerald ^^)

Hello nice to meet you!

Emerald is a good gem! It's durable and can be used in pretty much any jewelry you want. If you want to buy a cheaper emerald just buy a green beryl. It's emerald, but it's color is too light to be classified as one. Very dark green emeralds tend to be more expensive.
glassgut Topic Starter

Claine wrote:

(My favourite gemstone is the opal. A childhood memory of mine is going to an opal mine in Coober Pedy and looking for little shards of opals in the waste rock)

Opal is a very pretty stone which is why I love it too. Opal's only problem is that it's opal. It's color comes from saline water inside of it so it's prone to drying. I would suggest using it in a necklace or earrings since it's only hard as glass. It's also not suitable for everyday use because of how brittle it is, BUT a nice opal necklace or earrings will stand out in a party! Just remember to store them in a soft cloth bag somewhere that isn't too humid or too dry. (My poor precious opal ;A;)
Claine Moderator

glassgut wrote:
Claine wrote:

Opal is a very pretty stone which is why I love it too. Opal's only problem is that it's opal. It's color comes from saline water inside of it so it's prone to drying. I would suggest using it in a necklace or earrings since it's only hard as glass. It's also not suitable for everyday use because of how brittle it is, BUT a nice opal necklace or earrings will stand out in a party! Just remember to store them in a soft cloth bag somewhere that isn't too humid or too dry. (My poor precious opal ;A;)

Oh that's very interesting :D I don't have any genuine opal jewellery but I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I ever get a piece! Thanks for the info!
Hey there! Welcome to RpR! Hope you enjoy this awesome community of writers! Have a good day/afternoon/night! ^^ <3
directly_dummie

Welcome to rpr <3
Welcome to RpR! Welcome to the fam!
Icysoul

Welcome to our family!
Welcome glass! Happy to have you :)

As for my favorite, I like bloodstone <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I am so confused

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus