Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Truth Or Dare! (IC)

I know I am new, but I think this would be really fun to do! A world wide game of TOD.
It's in character, the first person (me) Will ask truth or dare and give you two options (Kind of like would you rather as well) then your character choses one and then does it. Or answers it. I'll go first:

Dare: I dare you to eat your least favorite food.

Truth: Tell us a big secret of yours.
"Oh. That's a hard one...I guess I will go with dare..." Lilly said as she sighed, suddenly she saw a plate full of cabbage.

Lilly hates cabbage, the green off-brand lettuce. She just doesn't like the taste of it. Lilly grabbed one piece and she looked really discussed by it, she really didn't want to do this. She popped a piece into her mouth and she clenched her eyes and swallowed quickly and then groaned. She is never doing that again

"Truth: Tell us an embarrassing time when you were a child....Dare: I dare you to confess one crime you committed"
"Oh, that's easy! Dare."

Mixie decided to spare the more gruesome details... but she was very open about it. "Well, cannibalism itself isn't illegal, y'know! The process it takes to get human meat? That's illegal. Don't worry, I put that guy out of his misery beforehand. I think."

Truth: "What's the absolute worst thing you've done to someone?"

Dare: "I dare you to eat a Carolina Reaper. Straight up. And no, I won't be gettin' a glass of milk for ya, doll."
"Oh dare, for sure!"

Ichigo took a pack of Carolina reapers, took out one of them and ate it whole. She a coughed a couple times but only because she choked. She looked down at the pack, a twinkle in her eyes. She began eating them as if they were an everyday snack. "Dude, these are amazing! I don't understand how people think these are hot-"

Truth: "What's the strangest thing you've seen/done but thought was normal?"

Dare: "I dare ya to bungee jump over a pit of crazy crocodiles!"
Lazarus Mercury (played by Avalon)

"Truth, because, man, do I have a story for that one. Was in some podunk town in Florida called Palatka investigating a case when a call came over the radio demanding we respond to the flea market, urgently. We park the cruiser and are greeted by the sight of a kangaroo just relaxing on the back of a zebra in the middle of the place and kicking anyone who gets near it right in the face. Some fellow walking an alligator on a leash takes note of what is going on and intervenes, riding the alligator! A kangaroo escaped the zoo, stole a zebra from a veterinarian's corral, and was defeated by a swamper riding his pet alligator. And that was not the first time this had happened! That was normal to those people! Not normal to me, but close enough for me to tell that story."

Truth: Would you lie to a friend to protect them from something?

Dare: Dip an unfrosted cake doughnut in Dairy Queen gravy and eat it (it's good honest, don't believe my coworkers, the sweet and savory is awesome!)
Fred Linch (played by Juls)

"I don't know what Dairy Quuen is slang for and I ain't sure I want to know, so I'll go with Truth. I have lied to a good friend - she thinks her last love is dead and well, I'm gonna let her keep on thinking that. Better than knowing he took off without so much as a second thought about her."

Truth: Who would you call on to help bury a body?

Dare: Send a telegraph to someone you don't know. (OOC: Post on their guestbook)
Ginger (played by GingerHades)

"I'll, uh, pick truth for this one!"

She scratches behind her ears. "Um, as much as I'd hate to admit it, I'd probably call Mixie for a job like that. I don't support her behavior at all, but if you want to get rid of a body, then just ask her! Just uh, make sure she's not in the mood for seconds when she's done? Trust me, you don't wanna be there when that happens. She's as scary as she is disgusting!"

Truth: "What's the weirdest dream you've had?"

Dare: "I dare you to run down a crowded street while screaming randomly!"

"I'll bite, truth, I think strangest dream I have ever had, minus fever dreams or drunk ones where you talk to animate ice cream cones or see floating Buddhist monks and cows riding on horseback as the "cow-vary" would be one where I was just sitting in an old cabin talking with Abraham Lincoln, nothing like prophetic or important, just normal talk. Being both from roughly the same area of Kentucky and even when he moved up into Illinois he was still in the same region, so we just talked back and forth. Towards the end he said I needed to go to his old family cabin in Hopkinsville and fish a box out from under a floorboard to bring it to his resting place. Thought nothing of it, randomly decided to go one day and just see, knew it had to be implausible, sure enough I found a loose floorboard and recovered a wooden box. Never checked what was in it, drove all the doggone way out to his grave, sat it there late at night, went to go get a coffee, by the time I walked back to the memorial the box was gone and I have asked no further questions on that. Someone probably stole it, that's what I am going with."

Truth: Have you ever told someone you loved them and it been a lie?

Dare: Sing a song...? I am bad with dares.
Frank Efferson (played by Juls)

"Miss Apple Pie, that's my horse, seems to enjoy this one when we're out on the trail for hours...

Me and my wife live all alone
In a little log hut we call our own;
She loves gin and I love rum,
And don't we have a lot of fun!

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Little brown jug, don't I love thee!
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

When I go toiling on the farm
I take the little jug under my arm;
Place it under a shady tree,
Little brown jug,'tis you and me.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

'Tis you that makes me friends and foes,
'Tis you that makes me wear old clothes;
But, seeing you're so near my nose,
Tip her up and down she goes.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

If all the folks in Adam's race
Were gathered together in one place,
I'd let them go without a tear
Before I'd part from you, my dear.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

If I'd a cow that gave such milk,
I'd dress her in the finest silk;
Feed her up on oats and hay,
And milk her twenty times a day.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

I bought a cow from Farmer Jones,
And she was nothing but skin and bones;
I fed her up as fine as silk,
She jumped the fence and strained her milk.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

And when I die don't bury me at all,
Just pickle my bones in alcohol;
Put a bottle o' booze at my head and feet
And then I know that I will keep.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,

The rose is red, my nose is too,
The violet's blue and so are you;
And yet, I guess, before I stop,
We'd better take another drop.

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
"

Truth: What was the last lie you told?

Dare: Tell us a funny joke.
"I'll go with Dare again!" Mixie clears her throat loudly.

"Y'know, you'd be amazed at the double standards that humans have. When a lion is huntin' for food, it's "in its nature," but when I do it, suddenly I'm a "monster" and I'm "under arrest for manslaughter." Like, can you believe that?"

Mixie looks around to find nobody laughing. She frowns as crickets begin to chirp. "Damn. Tough crowd, hmmm?"

Truth: "What's your biggest fear? Be honest with me."

Dare: "Touch somethin' you're allergic to."
For a moment, the masked woman's eyes almost seemed to smirk. "I think I'll go with dare, who am I to turn down a good challenge, after all? Bring it on!" Her attitude betrayed only self-assuredness, and she sounded so cocky no one in their right mind could claim that she had chosen dare merely because she didn't want to reveal a weakness of hers.

Just like in gambling, and in her old crime life, attitude alone could male the good or bad weather.

She strode defiantly toward an rack of candies, and after brosing through them with her eyes, reached out for a chocolate bar. Swiftly, she unwrapped it, and turned it around in her hands with a soft chuckle. When she looked up again, the smirk had, if possibly, grown just a little cockier than before.

"Of course, my allergy to chocolate means I can't ingest it, but you specifically said touch, so..." Still chuckling, she winked at Mixie. "Sorry, pal, I won this one match." She handed her the chocolate bar. "Want it? Or I can give it to someone else, no big deal."

Truth: "What's the absolutely most useless thing you ever learned in your lifetime?"

Dare: "Juggle three eggs over your head without dropping them, for five minutes. I'll count."
Russell Royce (played by Juls)

"Hey, I'll try it. Egg washes out if I drop one..."

Truth: If you could go back in time in erase one thing you said or did, what would it be?

Dare: Show us an embarrassing photo of yourself.
rolled 1d2 and got a natural 1.

Note: 1-success; 2-failure

"Yeah, that truth hits a bit hard, I'd much rather just eat the sandwich and show the photo than deal with that heartache." Lazarus fishes a photo out of his wallet in which he is sat at a little table with Aelianna who has apparently gotten him to dress in a very overdone princely outfit and put some kind of makeup on his face "like they do in hollywood!" while he is serving tea to a teddy bear, a doll, and a wooden soldier.

Truth: Ever had a friend ya fell in love with?

Dare: Do your best impression of Al Capone.
The question seemed to take her aback, because for a moment she wasn't as ready to answer as by her usual don't-bat-an-eyelash ways.

"... well, it's kinda connected with how 'falling in love' works - for me, at least. With my husband, we... before I realized my feelings for him ran deeper - we had formed this friendship, we were attuned, liked hanging out together - and truth to be told, at the outset I tried to tell myself that it was just a very deep and special, unique friendship I felt in his regards - because--" she trailed off and shook her head. "Thing is, I couldn't have felt for him the way I did if we hadn't already had a strong emotional connection as friends - it's just the way I'm wired. Couldn't be otherwise for me."

Truth: Most hilarious thing you did or said when you were a kid? Yes, even if it's embarassing to recall it now.

Dare: Walk bare-footed over a cliff with high tide, ten steps and then come back.
Zeno (played by GingerHades)

"Truth. I am not the best around water." Zeno comments on the high-tide dare.

"I did not have a childhood. But when I was first created, I had much to learn. One day, I watched a lab technician trip and fall down. Not knowing why he did that, I copied him. I now realize humans don't faceplant on purpose... But it makes me laugh to think about it."

Zeno chuckles, his voice mixed with the faint sounds of grinding metal.

Truth: What is your biggest regret?

Dare: Hold two ice cubes in your mouth until they melt. Do not chew them. That'd be cheating.
Merkava- Abyss Basilisk (played by MangoNekros)

Merkava stood there staring dead at Zeno, two ice cubes in its mouth that it kept partly open to allow the ice cubes to be visible. Slowly but surely, the melted and slowly poured out of his mouth. "Dare.... approach me closer, or truth, what do you think of me? Do I scare you? Am I a dirty beast to you?"
"Allow me to spill the truth for ya, doll," Mixie began, exhibiting a smug demeanor. "You're not that scary. The Underworld's full of monsters just as nasty as you are, if not nastier. If anythin', I think we've got somethin' in common! I can respect a fellow freak who's driven by hunger. Heheheh."

Truth: "Ever stabbed anyone in the back? Figuratively or literally?"

Dare: "C'mere and give me a hug! I promise, I don't bite... Hard."
A portal of darkness could soon be forming around the are once the truth or dare question had been asked. Revealing a boy with blond hair and blue eyes walking out of the portal. In hand a long black scythe, ready for use if there was ever a fight that broke out. "Hm........I will go with truth, my answer to that is yes I've literally stabbed- well more like impaled someone in the back. It was well deserved after they sacrificed me to the void. In turn the void granted me a new life with power that humans would dream of........."

Truth: Have you ever destroyed extinguished another beings life for the frill? Or because they meant to do you harm?

Dare: Bring me warriors you deem worthy to except the voids gift
Dorothy Parsons (played by Juls)

"Truth. For the frill? I ain't sure what that means, zactly, but I shot a man in Arizona territory and another in Wyomin' territory. Weren't no frills 'bout it. Dinnit set out to find trouble either time, but trouble found me anyway."

Truth: When was the last time you cried.

Dare: Show us what's in your purse, backpack, bag (etc.)
The sea-dragon-woman spreads a sheet of water in the air, then pulls it open to a hole in space. She peers inside before swiftly closing the rift and glacning sheepishly to one side.

"I... cannot show some of that in a public space without getting in trouble," she admits with a weird mix of embarrassment and smugness to her tone, "We'll go with the truth instead."

"The species my form is derived from don't produce tears as an emotional response, it's just... not part of their social signalling, but the last time my entire being was overwhelmed by emotion in that way was when my siblings rallied to save me from being bound, as close to captured or dead as I could be, a few years ago. The mix of relief, thankfulness, and joy was...." She trails off, some of that emotional swell coming back to her.

"On a less, um, impressive note," she adds awkwardly, "the last time one of my projected manifestations would have cried from pain, biology permitting, was two nights ago. I got... really drunk, like, totally wasted, and caught the membrane between my toes under a foot of a barstool, I think? None out of ten, do not recommend. It was kiiinda pathetic but thankfully I was very far from anywhere I would be recognized."

"If you choose truth: Tell us a common social thing you do that you really, REALLY don't enjoy, be it drinking coffee or beer, listening to certain music, celebrating certain holidays, or so on."

"If you feel more daring...." She generates a grapefruit-sized sphere of visibly salty water before saying, "Drink this!">: 3

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Truth Or Dare! (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus