Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Short Story Challenge 2022

OMG this is the best thing yet!

OKAY IT WASN"T ROMANCE :)

Click-clack, click-clack, click-clack.

Steps descend down the staircase. You listen with adrenaline rushing through your blood. Ever since you were diagnosed with a terrible disease - or so you were told - you were never let out of your room. But now your parents are leaving for the weekend. You have the key to your door. You hear the car start, and then drive off. With your heart palpating hard, you slowly unlock the door. With a timid step, you put your feet on the rug. You see the stair case for the first time. You sit down and enjoy your freedom.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 8.

Note: I really hope it's not romance :)

Whoohoo, marking me place 🦜 🤠

Theme is Identity, I wasn't sure if the title was included in the word count, so if it's not then the title is Coming Around to Who We Are(n't). If no title is allowed since it's already a hundred words, then it has no title! Hehe.

Ryuzuki was changing her self.
The farm work she did always dusted on dirt and more dirt, all over, caked into clothes and clasping lovingly against her skin. To produce fruit and vegetables, squash-apples-berries-lettuce, sounded wholesome, cute. It soiled everything in the process. "Farm girl".

Her Self? Was someone else, of course. Who wasn't more comfortable in a mask?
The Noh and Kabuki club was something she treasured; the feeling of white powder dusted on skin, much softer than the soil.

Now the store carried only cream makeup on its shelf.

She would get used to it.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 10.
I feel like trying something different so let's see what this gives me.

Theme: Love

Julius heard it many times, this strange word called love. He never thought he would find it himself. Touching the edges of the graphite drawing, he contemplated the youthful eyes drawn by the owner’s hands. It was quite a strange thought for an ancient being like him, but this boy had done him in.

“Moira, cancel all of my evening meetings. I’m going out.”

“For what, sir?” the woman asked over the polished bar of Julius’ renowned club.

Pausing with his suit jacket already over his shoulder, Julius grinned with his fangs fully bared.

“I’m going to find my wife.”
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 5.
I’m not the best writer but I’m willing to try!
(I HIT THE WRONG DICE BUT I STILL GOT A 5)

(oh buddy boy here we go)
“Josie… is it true?” Ryder stood behind the pink haired girl, seemingly curious about what he had been told earlier.
“Is what true? I— I don’t know what you’re talking about—” Josie hoped she could get out the situation by playing dumb, it wasn’t working.
“You actually like me, right?”
“Well maybe I do, what about it?” Josie had no idea what Ryder would’ve said, but knowing him, it’d probably be positive. She was still nervous though, she hadn’t actually loved someone before, so that last thing she would expect was a hug from Ryder.

“I love you too, Josie!”
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.

Note: i’m a little nervous, aaaaaa

J_Flowers

I'm going for it

Under the soft bridge, there were usually lots of dragonfish milling about, hoping to catch a few crumbs from the humans above. Kas hardly had time to feed them himself since he was normally late swimming to school, plus he couldn't risk the landwalkers discovering him. Today however, the fish swam low to the ground, darting about in a wild frenzy over a bulky shadow. Kas just couldn't ignore this. Zipping off path, he investigated, his angled brows furrowed in the green waters. It was a landwalker! Thoroughly drowned and clutching a knapsack. Kas decided class today wasn't important anymore.
Let's see ^^
Wow I did it wrong xD Trying to now actually DO the roll LOL XD

Okay, hope this one is okay ;u;

Theme: Coping with disaster

"How am I supposed to go on?"

The question kept repeating in his mind as he stood before his brother's coffin. He wanted to run away, as far as he could, scream at the top of his lungs but all he could really do was stare. How did he never notice the signs? And how could his brother do this to him and his family?
The man looked peaceful, at least his suffering was over.

There was no way he could understand this tragedy, all he could do was hope. Hope he would be in a better place now.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 1.

Note: ♡

the deadline's today. time to pop one out before it's too late :p

THEME: Discovery (got exactly 100 words :D)

His fingers delicately traced every crack embedded into the stone, eyes peering over every indent and every mark showing the monument's history. He brushed a mix of moss and dust away from the words gracing the bottom rim and that's when he saw it: a sentence forever engrained into a statue once worshipped, a soul forgotten to time with very few memories remaining.

Nothing could have prepared him for finding it - he rose from his knees, taking a step back to admire the handy craftmanship displayed before his eyes. Fresh, fearful tears glazed over his gaze.

"Momento Mori, my friend."

Note: theme

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Ya'll, I'm poking the judges to try and get the last one to submit scores, really hopeful to be able to announce winners before the week is out :)

Okay, when I got the final scores back and totaled them all, I realized we have one 3 way tie and one 5 way tie, and a whole lot of people who were like one point off from being in the top 3 tiers... I'm going to add a few more prizes to the list so we can accommodate more winners, given how many incredible entries we had, but even so I'm still waiting on some tie breaking deliberations. XD
Go figure that a roleplay website would have some amazing writers, eh? ;P

I have winners! :D :D

Our winners are:
TheLoreKeeper
MercyInReach
Ilmarinen
AgentMilkshake
Hospex
Marie
Chikai

Honorable mentions go to:
Murkysoulwaters
Nox_et_Aurum
AliRevellian

Congrats everyone!
Whoa! Me? Yay!! And congrats everybody!
Congrats, everyone! Excellent job!
Oh my gosh no way! 🥰 Congrats to everyone!
Congrats, folks! ^_^
Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated! :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Short Story Challenge 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus