directly_dummie

This should be fun lol
directly_dummie

directly_dummie wrote:
This should be fun lol

I forgot to roll the dice lol
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 4.

Note: đź’€

Talk about expanding my horizons! Love the idea. Though I am sure my entry will end up being rubbish.

XOXO
Cassie
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 2.
Oh man....100 word limit. Not sure I can take this challenge, but at least going to get a theme lol

100 word limit, likely the hardest thing I've ever had to write and I'm not sure about it lol

My Theme: Betrayal

"Nothing will ever come between us."

The words echo through her mind as she picks herself up from the ground, mud splattered across her face and clothing.

"We'll always be friends. Forever."

Her heart ached as the sound of mocking laughter rang in her ears, tears forming as she glanced back to watch three girls disappear around the corner.

"Promise?",Her own voice, but younger.

"Promise." The youthful voice of one of the three girls. A declaration from years past.

Times were different now, but she would never forget.

And all she could do now, was move forward.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 3.
Raspberry_Beret

Here goes nothing, I hope this works!

The slam of the bars resounded, and their iron screech was the sound of his fate. His own wife? He wasn't what she wanted, but to lie and betray him like this? He'd given her all she could want except himself. Why make up a story, and bring him such torment? The cell's encroaching darkness crept in, and the lack of food over days rang out. The judge, jury, and executioner awaited. His wife's uncle all. When the trial would come, he would be dead at the end, for the entertainment of hundreds. The groom lamented.
Hrm.

Mm, Discovery.

Decided to take this maybe a different way than expected...? >.> Has 94 words.

Sam stared at the floor tiles while sitting uncomfortably in the plastic chair. Chatter happening all around faded into the background until finally the name "Sam" was called. The second chair was softer, but Sam remained rigid and hunched while the stylist raised his eyebrows at the example photo.

With a warm smile, the stylist got to work anyway. Sam was achingly aware of how long the process was taking. When it was at last time to face the mirror, Sam gawked... then smiled wide. They had finally found themself in their own reflection.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 8.
Edit: I don't know if I did this right but...here we go.

Story Challenge: Forgiveness.

A blissful world turned dark the day he left. The luminous light she once had didn't seem to shine as bright in his absence.

A man who was destined to be a father became nothing more than a stranger in the eyes of his daughter. Guidence that should have been given remained forever a mystery. His love forever distant and unknown to her. Yet despite this, even though he was never there throughout it all, his absense helped her become the woman she was meant to be.

Years on, hundreds of tears spent and a thousand heartbreaks later...she forgives him.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 9.
Topic: Immortality

"Your luck has run out, wizard," The young warrior gloated. The frail old man was doubled over at his feet. Rondou had been waiting for this moment for years. Now, justice would be served.

"Any last words," Rondou asked raising his ax.

"You win, my boy," The wizard conceded.

" Your reign of terror ends now," Rondou informed him. With a swing of his blade, the younger armored man severed the wizard's head.

A black cloud rose as the wizard shriveled away. Rondou's eyes glowed red.

"Or does it," The warrior suddenly asked himself. "Thank you for the new body."
Hm, alright, I'm really feeling in this sort of mood.

Topic: Misunderstanding

Saffron could not believe what she was hearing. After all that he had said, Sterling really believed she would ever work with him again?

"You're deluded," she choked out, leaning against the wall painfully. "You sacrifice a society and you expect forgiveness?"

Sterling gazed at her despondently. "Saffron..." he sighed, walking towards her slowly, stepping over the stray metal. "I never wanted this. Never. I was blackmailed - do you understand?"

She sniffed as tears streamed down her face. "You too...?" She looked at him. He nodded solemnly. "God..." she coughed, falling over into his arms, sobbing.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 7.
anon (played anonymously)

Posting a place

9 = Forgiveness

The nobleman sat quietly.

He was pondering the fate of the captured rogue who knelt before him awaiting judgement.

Despite his crimes, when it came to their friendship, only one thing remained.... forgiveness.
It was 3:42am on a tuesday night. Kim should've been asleep hours
ago, yet despite all, she was tossing and turning with no signs of rest.
The alarm would ring in 2.5 hours. She sighed. Was it time to try the
old wives' tales? Standing from the bed, she left her snorring husband.
With a glass in hand, she opened the fridge, and took the carton out.

It was empty.

Why would anyone put an empty carton in the fridge! Any hope for
sleep died, as she threw it in the trash. There would be retribution
for this vile unkindess.

3: Betrayal - 100 words
Oh oh! Let's see if I get lucky!

Edit: Here is the mystery prompt!

A new case was put on Reinee's desk. She investigated this case throughoughly. The detective had thought she found the killer. The 23-year-old Emmett Hiser was murdered in his apartment. She had three suspects. The janitor, his wife Lissa Hiser, and the person she suspected to be the killer. The killer was named Jaiden Wright. Or so she thought. All evidence only points to this man. But then, she realized, they have the wrong person...

The killer they sought for was still loose.

The real killer... was Lissa Hiser.

They took in Jaiden Wright, but he wasn't the real killer.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 4.

Note: Oh boyo.

TiredWriter

Been awhile since I written a short story *cracks knuckles*.

Edit:
Topic: Immortality

He was getting older. He could tell though he often lost track of his age. The broken objects and the wall reflected his acts of rage. The bad thing about being immortal was being sealed in an prison for eternity. "Damn Tang, why was he such a pacifist?" , he thought to himself. He knew that Tang was dead for years now. However the good thing about getting sealed away was that he could think of a plan without getting interrupted by daily life.

"Our battle isn't over, Tang!"

For the time being, he could wait and meditate.
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 6.
As a child stared at a painting an old man smiled. “It was more beautiful in person.” He said as the kid looked up at him. “Really?” The kid asked. The old man nodded. “I was young i entered a jungle days went by and i finally discovered it. When I saw it I painted it.” He said and that was it.

Theme discovery
Ugg

Thought I'd give this a go!

Forgiveness

Forgiveness does not come easily. An overwhelmed mother trying to better herself for her family lacks energy. She lacks motivation, she's lost her hobbies and her personality. Yet, she pushes on.

Through the guilt and pain. Through all the obstacles in her path. A loving child with ocean eyes admires her from afar. He doesn't understand the pressure on his mother's shoulders.

She knows this. He grows into a crying toddler. One who can push all his mother's buttons. No matter what he does, how ridiculous he acts... She will always love him. And she will always forgive him.
Let’s see what I got! I’m gonna try this lol

Coping with Disaster

Guilt. That’s what she felt. A little girl thought to herself as she walked through a field, it’s grass long and dead. Luckily, she saw no dead walking around. However, she was thinking of who she had lost.

She lost everyone. Her parents. Her friends. Her mentor, who was like an adoptive dad to her. The thought of his dying form made tears form in her eyes. She remembered his words and she always will. It was just like she had met him.

Hey there, sweet pea

Not really my best work since the max is 100 words- (hoping some people get the reference of what game I had written)
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 1.
Let's see
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 1.
I'm never good at restricting my word count so this should be interesting

Edit:
Theme: Discovery

The same old book. He'd read it a hundred times before.

Many nights had he spent studying the work. Perplexing and mysterious, somewhere in the sea of words was a key. A truth undiscovered.

Might this time be different?
He wondered, though hope of a discovery had long since left him. Tired fingers flipped the pages as worn eyes read the words he knew by heart. Why he bothered to try again, he didn't know.

But then there was suddenly something. A change. A shift. A breakthrough!

"Yes...that is it!" He breathed in disbelief, light returning to his eyes.

Eureka!
MangoNekros

Lets see...
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 2.
:/ was not expecting to roll betrayal...I literally can not chop it down to 100 words or less when writing about darker topics like this...it just...takes on a life of it's own. Sadly I'm going to have to withdraw because of this.

Note: Heckin' I missed epic week cuz I was too busy...lemmie just...

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Short Story Challenge 2022

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus