remember me
Register | Forgot Login

Forums > Art & Creativity > (OPEN!)Looking for characters for novel-like story

1 2 »

I checked with a Moderator and this does belong here :)

I wrote:
So now that I have drawn you in, allow me to explain a bit more of this concept. The Guild Of Passion was a project me and one of my old friends worked on from 2017 to 2018 last year. We quickly abandoned it after we left our old writing community, and went our separate ways. I dug the idea back up in the sea of notebooks sat in a box I had when I was tidying my room, and it brought back some fun memories...some I would like to recreate, simply because RPR is far from toxic. The idea has gotten me all giddy, and I'm excited to see how much diversity could be played into this story.

The premises is that every player has a character; but not any character! A character that is soul-y based of your....RPR Username! What personality could you imagine them having? What about their appearance? And most importantly....a power based off of the username!

This Guild of Passion has come together to create an outstanding community which inspires people. As the story develops, we will see upbringings and downfalls, drama and hardships, friendships. No main characters, everyone will have their chance at the spotlight.

This is not purely RP based; this will be a story, written in chapters, by myself.

That's all I can really say about this....

This is not a RP, hence why it's not located in the LFRP forum. RP in the universe is permitted in the roleplay forum of the group, but probably won't be considered canon.

-
We need at least 10 participants for me to be able to begin writing. We currently have 15 participants. STATUS: OPEN

----
10 was just a MINIMUM number! You can still join as long as the status says Open!

This thread will remain "Open" until the first draft of the chapter is complete; after that it will be marked as "closed". While closed, people can submit characters if they please to, but this characters will not be added to the group UNTIL the chapter is linked publicly to be read. After the chapter is publicly available, the thread will be marked as "open" again where characters will be added, and then the cycle repeats.

Players Involved
StaticNightmares
Atrevida
SunnyD
Mercyinreach
Birdy99
JSilentpanic1104
DarkCrow
untealiness
Crystaldragon126
Hikari_Yagaza
Sarlic
Libertine
_Ashir-Penny_
RimCaster
Drink


Characters are characters imagined by your username; the type of personality they might have, the creature they might be; it is NOT YOU or a pre-existing character (unless you have a character based off of your username already!). Like StaticNightmares is a female, who is able to use Static vision and white noise to her advantage and enduce involuntary nightmares onto people on occasion. Her personality is completely different from mine, and is in no way based off of anything more than my Username. :)

This will be a fantasy story.

Please PM me or comment here if you feel interested; a few questions on the type of character you imagine will be asked and then I can invite you to the group :>

I love this! I actually already have a concept because of a forum thread a while ago where someone asked what a character based on our username would be like and this was my reply:


My username was technically going to be 'Mercy is in reach'. I imagine a character named Mercy, maybe a nickname for Marceline, used to be called Marce, over the years turned into Mercy. They're probably a Orc character who rebels against their races traditions and is particularly involved in evangelism whether through comfort or...perhaps even well intended force. I see them bounty hunting and 'Mercy is in reach' being their catch phrase, where they offer mercy, if the other person promises to turn their life around and make things up for what they did.

:o GOOD CONCEPT I LIKE

DarkCrow: Immediately what comes to mind is a broody, grumpy, asocial elf, androgynous in nature, who tends to wear black / dark grey clothes, usually covered by a large cloak with a hood that shadows their face. They always have a crow with them, so people just sort of defaulted to calling them "Crow" as a nickname instead of using whatever their real name is... do they even have one? No one really knows...

They seem to have the power of shadow manipulation and control over a murder of ravens / crows, two powers which they often use together in order to darken the sky with black shadows, turning day to near-night so they can send their large murder to attack enemies >:D

Not necessarily good or evil, but morally grey with good leanings on occasion I think :o

Mercyinreach wrote:
I love this! I actually already have a concept because of a forum thread a while ago where someone asked what a character based on our username would be like and this was my reply:


My username was technically going to be 'Mercy is in reach'. I imagine a character named Mercy, maybe a nickname for Marceline, used to be called Marce, over the years turned into Mercy. They're probably a Orc character who rebels against their races traditions and is particularly involved in evangelism whether through comfort or...perhaps even well intended force. I see them bounty hunting and 'Mercy is in reach' being their catch phrase, where they offer mercy, if the other person promises to turn their life around and make things up for what they did.

I sent a PM to ask a bit more <3
DarkCrow wrote:
:o GOOD CONCEPT I LIKE

DarkCrow: Immediately what comes to mind is a broody, grumpy, asocial elf, androgynous in nature, who tends to wear black / dark grey clothes, usually covered by a large cloak with a hood that shadows their face. They always have a crow with them, so people just sort of defaulted to calling them "Crow" as a nickname instead of using whatever their real name is... do they even have one? No one really knows...

They seem to have the power of shadow manipulation and control over a murder of ravens / crows, two powers which they often use together in order to darken the sky with black shadows, turning day to near-night so they can send their large murder to attack enemies >:D

Not necessarily good or evil, but morally grey with good leanings on occasion I think :o

...I love it.

Uuuh. This premise is so intresting I just want to comment here and try to contribute. (Fair warning I am pretty stressed and unmotivated but im hoping by the time we get enough players I'll feel better.

I hope this works?

Hikari_Yagaza. I imagine that Hikari is female and shes always yelling about 'underscore' being her middle name. She also likes to go by Kari. She's a human, but like...1/1000 fae or something, and ocassionally it'll show by way of some random chaotic magic with a random effect that can be both good and/or bad.

She just throws on whatever clothes she can find at any random point. So usually shes a fashion disaster.

Kari also probably has narcolepsy and sleeps a lot, so she carries a pillow with her whereever she goes.

Kari is a bubbly sweetheart when shes not overly tired. The more tired she gets the more likely she is to bite your head off. She cries whenever she does as she feels very badly about shouting at people or being rude to them.

Libertine
Appearance: An androgynous personification of the Lady Victory statue, bearing a broken sword and snuffed torch
Etymology: (late Middle English) a freed slave or the son of one, from Latin libertinus "freedman"
Personality: Optimistic, driven, "lawfully rebellious", abstract thinker, obsessive fixer
Power: Yelling into the void. Working hard for five hours and sleeping hard for ten
Inspiration:

All of the Dreamers by Powderfinger

Lyrics:
Down in the night it gets so cold
Under the shadow that you've thrown
The disciples stand at dawn
Wait for the world to be reformed
I never promised you the world
I just followed it round as it unfurled
So I string you up and along
With all of the dreamers

So you speak out loud like a Libertine
But you're just another cog in the great machine
But in a cold bitter irony
You're a, a hero of the community

When you come down to the barrio
To get a feel for the people's scenario
It's your last opportunity
To steal a march on the enemy

Hikari_Yagaza wrote:
Uuuh. This premise is so intresting I just want to comment here and try to contribute. (Fair warning I am pretty stressed and unmotivated but im hoping by the time we get enough players I'll feel better.

I hope this works?

Hikari_Yagaza. I imagine that Hikari is female and shes always yelling about 'underscore' being her middle name. She also likes to go by Kari. She's a human, but like...1/1000 fae or something, and ocassionally it'll show by way of some random chaotic magic with a random effect that can be both good and/or bad.

She just throws on whatever clothes she can find at any random point. So usually shes a fashion disaster.

Kari also probably has narcolepsy and sleeps a lot, so she carries a pillow with her whereever she goes.

Kari is a bubbly sweetheart when shes not overly tired. The more tired she gets the more likely she is to bite your head off. She cries whenever she does as she feels very badly about shouting at people or being rude to them.

Don't worry, look after yourself <3 She sounds awesome, and I hope you feel better soon!
Libertine wrote:
Libertine
Appearance: An androgynous personification of the Lady Victory statue, bearing a broken sword and snuffed torch
Etymology: (late Middle English) a freed slave or the son of one, from Latin libertinus "freedman"
Personality: Optimistic, driven, "lawfully rebellious", abstract thinker, obsessive fixer
Power: Yelling into the void. Working hard for five hours and sleeping hard for ten

I think I just found a new song to add to my playlist :o

Rim_Caster

or commonly known as Rim. He's old man with long white beard and hair, wearing dark mage outfit, human gifted with longevity, he's quite carefree, able to get along with most people, despite the serious face he puts on to public, his habit of journeying around the world, turned him into wise and knowledgeable man, Old man not only studied magic but experienced it, something which was one of unforgettable experiences, pushing him further in endeavor of magic.

However once he uses stronger spells he grows younger which changes his personality to more arrogant and temperamental, it also locks access to the spells he can use when he's older, he can grow older once he rests enough or absorbs mana


.

RimCaster wrote:
Rim_Caster

or commonly known as Rim. He's old man with long white beard and hair, wearing dark mage outfit, human gifted with longevity, he's quite carefree, able to get along with most people, despite the serious face he puts on to public, his habit of journeying around the world, turned him into wise and knowledgeable man, Old man not only studied magic but experienced it, something which was one of unforgettable experiences, pushing him further in endeavor of magic.

However once he uses stronger spells he grows younger which changes his personality to more arrogant and temperamental, it also locks access to the spells he can use when he's older, he can grow older once he rests enough or absorbs mana


.

Looks like we have some wisdom here~

Everything and everyone is updated so far! <3 Four more people until I can officially start planning and writing out the first chapter!

Ooooh, I'd love to contribute, this is such an interesting idea! :) Hopefully I can come up with something as cool as everybody else, haha.

Atrevida: Also goes by Vida. Small human woman with fantastically green eyes. Rebellious and outspoken, with enough ambition to make her a force to be reckoned with. Learned swordplay from her father and taught herself archery after his death, but has always had an affinity for both nature and animals. Discovered a touch of magic when she learned at a young age she could manipulate Earth elements -- like plants and soil and stone. Her magic scared the people around her though, and turned her into an outcast and a nomad. But her magic drew her to a dragon, who became less of a pet and more of a traveling companion; he's little more than a hatchling now, who perches on her shoulder. More recently discovered tentative healing abilities, and despite a distrusting and occasionally self-serving manner, is kindhearted and means well. Is searching for a place to belong, but accepts her current status of misfit.

Very interesting ^^

Birdy99

The 99th girl born in an already large flock of harpies, and is constantly saddled with the arduous task of babysitting her twenty or so younger siblings, nephews and nieces...until she finally decided that she had enough, and decided to go off on her own.

Being a harpy, she has the massive body of a bird-similar to a vulture, which tapers off into a humanoid upper body, with long, dark hair and eyes, and looks to be exceedingly cheerful most of the time, likely due to the fact that she is no longer saddled with babysitting duty.

She claims that she hates children, but is incredibly good at taking care of them; it is only almost as ironic as the fact that while she claims that she doesn’t enjoy singing, but her singing voice will blow you away, both literally and metaphorically.
Her hobbies include living the idle, relaxing life, doing something that vaguely resembles dancing with copious amount of alcohol, changing her name every now and then and generally doing as she pleases without a care in the world, and maybe check in with her family every few years or so just to laugh at the chaos and teach her ‘successor’ how to handle the children.

‘Libertine’ wrote:
😂

ok so, uhh.. the character is as follows.. I guess?

Teal(this is just a nickname) was genetically modified as a child, and now can only drink tea, water, eat sugar, salt, and flower petals. They’re a guy that looks a lot like a girl, and also has elbow-length bright orange hair that just falls naturally, usually donning oversized sweaters or hoodies and very short shorts that are hidden under the sweater. They always wear their worn red scarf, and have a mug of tea.

Teal’s personality is pretty blunt when it comes to opinions, but they’re terrible at expressing emotion, and usually resort to acting cold, calm, and collected, occasionally giving off a scary aura to prevent unwanted interaction. They themselves are actually very listless, and pretty clingy, when you get to know them, that is. Their true gender is no secret, but nobody really asks, so they don’t really talk about it.

They don’t have any particular abilities, except their magical mug that never runs out of tea.

Birdy99 wrote:
Birdy99
The 99th girl born in an already large flock of harpies

This got me good XD

Updating everything now as I just woke up <3 only need one more person before I can start planning.

1 2 »

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Darth_Angelus


Forums > Art & Creativity > (OPEN!)Looking for characters for novel-like story