Posted by Kim on January 12, 2022, 9:00amA fairly huge change was introduced to character profiles this past week! You can now adjust the visibility settings of a character, setting it to draft mode, only visible to logged in users, or only visible to logged in users in your same age group (under or over 18 years old.)
I can hear someone typing the question, 'Will you be adding 'friends only' as an option for profile visibility?' and the answer is... probably.
There's a lot of scenarios that present some challenges for such an option. For example, if your character is anonymous, how would it even make friends if no one can see it in the first place? You could potentially have your anon character send the initial friend request to another character, but they couldn't ever look at your profile before choosing to accept/reciprocate or not. Maybe if your anon friends only character sends the friend request the recipient of the request could look at your profile briefly to make a decision about if they wanted to accept, much like top secret groups provide a short viewing period when an invite has been sent to someone to join it. But then, what of the situation of two anon friends only characters? Not ideal. More pondering necessary.
Some more deets:
- All newly created characters now begin in draft mode until published.
- Draft mode characters are only visible to you until you decide they're ready for prime time.
- You can also send an existing character back into draft mode if you need to overhaul it, but beware...
- You cannot create forum posts or send inbox messages as a character in draft mode. This may disrupt in-progress RPs if you choose to make a character unavailable in this way.
- Yes, mods can override if necessary to follow up on a report.
Post tags: Feature Explanations