Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » The Character Above You Is Hungry

There's a horrible screeching sound from up above before some monstrous, pterodactyl-sized bird-or-bat beast with gray feathers and a black, hooked beak crashes violently to the ground, still angrily flapping, writhing, and letting out strangled squawks. It has scorch marks on it, a few pieces of shrapnel burried in one side, as well as a tall, white-furred vixen with far too many tails on its back, her arms around its throat as she mutters obscenities and finishes choking the life out of it with the handle of an oversized double-edged sword.

"WOOO! Nailed it!" she calls out as it finishes its final few spasms, throwing her arms in the air in victory, "Brought it down!"

She looks around at all the people here and cringes a bit. Oops. This wasn't an empty riverbed at all! This was.... 2.6 km early. Wow it had crashed fast. Miiiiiight have been the frag grenade. Or the electrocution. Probably both.

"Hey, um.... you! Spooky lookin' guy with the beasties!" she calls, "You mind handling this carcass for me? I, uh.... think I undershot where I calculated It would run out of air by, by, like.... a lot, since it went down before passing out, and I only really need the head and a foot for the bounty, soooo.... yeah." Her sword fades away as she dismounts the monster, and she walks around it, looking it over like a museum exhibit or a car at a dealer's before continuing, "I was going to gnaw on it, but it looks like your critters probably need it more, and it would be weird to, like.... only give part of it? Or give chewed on parts? Or eat chewed on parts? Either way, not good hunting form, so feel free to take the weird dissonant-manaspheric-waveform-producing nasty once I get my prizes. I think this should be enough for your buddies. I am hungry, though.... A lot of food happening here...
Novia (played anonymously)

Novoa crawls out of the water and silently holds up a fish, It's been dead a long time, too long to be considered fresh. She gives it a wiggle and opens her mouth to spout a singular hauntingly beautiful word. "Fiiiiisssssssssshhh..."
((
Novia wrote:
Novoa crawls out of the water and silently holds up a fish, It's been dead a long time, too long to be considered fresh. She gives it a wiggle and opens her mouth to spout a singular hauntingly beautiful word. "Fiiiiisssssssssshhh..."

I laughed way too long at this one. Oh my goodness.))
Adelia (played by North-Wood)

Lian wrote:
There was a large smile on Lian's face, showing off her mouth filled with needle-like teeth, "The Adelia is kind, so The LiLi is kind to The Adelia." A small lidded basket was held out and with a shy little flourish, the lid was removed to reveal a mass of writhing and wriggling earth worms. "You takes and eats and be nourished, yes?" she asked with a frantic nodding of her head.

((I pictured the look on Leo's face last night. Thanks for the laugh!))
Novia wrote:
"As amusing as that is...I don't think mortals of any stripe appreciate rotten food too much. We demons will eat anything, but mortals, they're much more picky." Argroth eyed Novia with a curious gaze, wondering how such a strange hybrid even arose, but shook his head and turned back to writing out the details of a contract. His his stomach rumbled, but he wanted to finish this thing before he gave in to indulgence.Almost as an afterthought, though, without even thinking much about it, he tossed the hybrid being a thin, wafer-like object. "Try this, it's not really got a direct translation on what it is in this tongue, as it's made from a unique plant found in Hell. Yes, Hell has unique flora and fauna. This one's about as tasty as a water chestnut, but it's filling enough."
The Grim Reaper (played by MangoNekros)

"I would feed refuse to feed a demon, but I'm in a good mood today" it said as it opened it's palm and a soul of an evil man came above his pond. "Disgusting, just like the demon you are"
Beatrice stared at the grim reaper, thinking about what to give him. "Well.... I dunno what the taker of souls would eat, but I made a hot cake!" She held up the small, still steaming confection, a smile on her face.
Alistaire (played by Lucretire)

The clacking of heels was accompanied by a crunch of potato chips as a raven-haired man in a sharp navy business suit passed by the motherly figure. Glancing to the side with crimson eyes, he stopped to watch her offer the cloaked man... creature(?) a warm, sweet cake. Adjusting his tie and jacket, he stepped towards her out of curiosity, a bit of pity laced in his red irises.

"My apologies for assuming as much," he started, "but it seems like you're giving your snack away, correct?" He shook his head. "If so, then that just won't do, now will it?" He bowed slightly, holding out the open bag of chips to her. "Here you are, miss. I don't need these. I've heard they're bad for the body if you're looking to stay slender... But, they make for a decent bite of food if nothing else." He finished his talking with a demure, careful smile.
Meredith (played anonymously)

"Oi, you there!" Meredith called out, waving a hand about to Alistaire's attention. She approached him with a saunter that could only be described as someone who was a little sauced, someone who had just a tad bit too much to drink. The psychic medium wasn't fall over drunk, yet, but there was a looseness to her steps that no sober person would have. After nearly rolling her ankle after her the stiletto heel of her shoe she nearly got stuck in the gap of the sidewalk, she finally reached the man and dug through her purse.

"Bloody streets with their gaps," she muttered under her breath. "You'd think they'd bloody improve the technology and make things easier for a gal to walk about without breaking her ankle, yeah?" Finally, she pulled out metal thermos and handed it over, "Here. Soup. But not just any soup, grape soup." Yet, it wasn't soup at all that she gave. It was wine. A saucy wink was given to the fellow before she laughed.
The demon eyed the drunk woman with some mild fascination, lips finally curling in amusement. "Well well, you certainly know your vices. Perhaps you would like to try some special brownies? Expand your palate?" The demon held out a tray of...just what he said, brownies. Of course the emphasis on special was deliberate, anyone who ate them would probably get a mild high. Argroth abstained, however, as he had tried some already and they had not been to his taste.
Umeko (played anonymously)

Eyeing the chocolate confection with skepticism Umeko wrinkled her nose. "I see, well if it is sweets you desire I may be able to provide." From the folds of her silken robes she pulls forth a small bag of sugar treats, some soft gelatin, powdered with bright white sugar. Others hard and shining, aerated and crunchy. All wrapped neatly in a pouch of pastel pink paper. She hands it to the demon with a gentle smile. "Sweets can warm the heart."
Clyde Loewner (played by MangoNekros)

Clyde looked out the candy, frowning. "To many drunks and sweet tooth, maybe something to calm the nerves?" he held out a Thermo filled with soup, still warm. However, sacrificing his lunch wasn't the best option
Audric (played anonymously)

Sighing silently with a rolling of his shoulders Audric reached into his travelers sack. "An army marches on it's stomach, son," he said, "and you are no different." Breaking up some leftover salt tack and sharp cheese it was not simply offered to the soldier, but forced upon him from strong calloused hands. Perhaps a touch hypocritical, as it left Audric in need of something for himself.
The Beast Tamer (played by MangoNekros)

The man wearing the mask looked at Audric, before reaching for the sack on his back "True, but a traveler without a day's rations is as good as dead" the sack contained various meats, exotic and common. If he didn't take his offering, he would drop the contents and pull out a knife. "Speaking of rations... my children might starve another day"
Mali (played anonymously)

Unphased by the strange creature of long beak and round eyes Mali chuckled, the sound objectively pleasing as she was made to be nothing but the most pleasant of fruits. She lifted a small bag of lawn fertilizer from the home goods store to her nose and took in a deep breath. "It is filled with life that gives you life and shares the life we take. So it stands to reason that to eat this would do you good." She shook the bag as one might shake a bag of fast food burgers. "Please enjoy, I find this colored bag has many complex flavors but still promotes a healthy diet."
Asgardian Wolf (played by MasterWinter)

Fenrir would stand there giving a puzzled look to the woman from under his hood. She appeared human, yet she didn't smell or seem human. The Asgardian had no idea what would be considered appropriate to give the woman for food, since he'd never encountered one like her before. Soon Fenrir crossed his arms over his chest.

"...How about let's make this easier on the both of us. Tell me what you like to eat, and I'll go get it. Simple enough. Though if for some reason you try to put me on the menu, it won't go well."
Wilhelmina (played anonymously)

Mina gave the man a smirk as she spoke with a Belgian accent, "Well, aren't you a dashing doll?" Reaching into the pockets of the leather jacket she wore, one stolen from and that smelled like her latest victim, she rooted around to see what she could find. "Aaaaahhh-ha!" she exclaimed as she pulled out a stray and lint covered breath mint. Holding it out in the palm at her hand, she winked as the other hand picked off a large piece of lint. "Here you go, bon appétit!" she explained as her other hand pulled out a folded pocket knife. "Unless you'd rather prefer to eat this?"
Elusian (played by Lucretire)

The elf visibly shuddered at the woman's brazen threat, her slender ears folding against her head defensively as her eyes narrowed. "So unappealing," Elusian remarked under her breath. The fact still remained that she had a knife and was intent on using it, so the princess decided to bargain with her by gently leaving a small silk bag on the ground.

"...Here. You may have it if you leave me be," Elusian said plainly, hoping that would settle the matter. She took a few steps back before making a swift exit to safety. Inside the bag was a gathering of mixed nuts, two hunks of fine cheese, and a small loaf of warm bread. It appeared to be the elf's entire lunch, left behind in return for her life.

She would only realize this later while sitting down to catch her breath, her stomach gurgling in hunger after running so far away.
Mist curled around her feet, and blue eyes slowly focused on the intruder in their domain. Far from objecting though, an almost serene smile graced the lips of the elder being as she beheld the younger elf. "You seem to have lost your way, child," she murmured softly, in a melodious voice that suggested a distant sea. "You hunger, alas I do not possess any grand feast for you, though I can offer of the bounty the yonder river has granted me."

She held out a small catch of freshwater fish. Freshly caught, not even cooked yet.
Adal Rosca (played by Nettle)

Outside of Wolfshead Castle, a storm raged. The sky was a pitch-black milieu of stygian darkness, broken only by flashes of infernal, ghoulish lightning. The cracked walls of the wilderness-enclosed holdfast were assailed by sheets of chill rain. Yet, inside the dining hall all seemed warm. Lanterns and candles lit the blackness and the good count, Adal Rosca, raised a cup of wine to his guest.

"Ack. This nightmare, it keeps getting worse." A gesture at the mighty gale that raged outside. An evil night by all accounts. A night where the darker things of the world might see fit to keep their councils, unbothered by the elemental fury of the tempest. "A terrible night, one imagines, to have a curse." The count smiled, revealing finely pointed canines. "And it is a curse isn't it?"

A keen look was shot across the table. "We both thirst, Argroth. Yet for wholly different things. I can provide you with physical sustenance. As to the other....well, you shall have to see to that yourself." The count's grin grew cold as he gestured to the table, laden with food and drink. "Partake if you will. Once the storm clears, I bid you leave my lands. They are still my people, and I shall protect them. Even from the likes of you."

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » The Character Above You Is Hungry

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus