Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » The Character Above You Is Hungry

Rin youkai (played by starwolf)

"eat some eel its slimy"
M35 Charlie (played by Gottmituns)

"Have some C-rations! Tasteless goodness!"
Alto Clef (played by HelpIranoutofideas)

"Just eat this. -shoves scrap metal- There."
Stridsvagn 103 (played by Wandering_Mary)

"i havennn't hadden ccrrrraaaaaaccccckkkklllleee to feedden livingngen peoplenn in a whilenn... zzzzssttssz so havenn somenn militaryryen rationsnsen i foundnden"
M35 Charlie (played by Gottmituns)

Charlie frowned at the sight of scrap metal. "I'm not fully a machine. But whatever, 'ave some diesel."
Kuro (played by clxudy_tears)

Kuro’s tail twitched uneasily,”Maybe... You would like some Tuna..?” He offered a weak smile and gulped nervously
…I…have some steak. And Monster. In excess. Have some.
Flynn (played by Riik)

"Strawberry cheesecake! Strawberry cheesecake for everyone! But especially you, because that's the game, right?"
Yangin (played by Leighoflight)

“If I had to guess I’d say something sweet. Like cotton candy…”
Dael (played by Quillweave)

Looking absolutely terrified, Dael points wordlessly to a bowl of still-steaming rice, tossed with cubes of chicken, pepper and some type of vivid red sauce that blisters the nose just at the scent. He's not sure what he's looking at, but it looks better equipped to handle heat than he is.
Zoey Robinson (played by Dib2435)

" I got some of my Grandma's Triple Chocolate Cookies on me if you want some " Zoe said as she pulls out a baggie of the cookies she just metion
Adael (played by Claine)

"Hhhhh what do children eat. Milk? No this one is too old. This here -- it has very cute packaging. Probably acceptable for a child."

*Passes a cheese-and-cracker snackpack with cartoon cows on the wrapper*
"Umm...I'll share my lunch with you. I pack extra these days, since I'm eating for two. I've got some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (really been craving those), a bagel, some yogurt, and a thermos of milk."

" It is customary in the Empire to offer women bearing children the largest sum of food, to spare them the burdens of toil, the blessing of a pregnant woman is said to resonate with the spirits of fertility and bring good fortunes. Not one to defy the custom, I would present the following offering. "

game-of-thrones-cookbook.jpg

( From left to right )

" Imperial fig then Tortes Imperator(Emperor's Tart), a generously seasoned meat pastry consisting of a mixture of ground lamb and pork mixed in with no less than 50 herbs, spices and sauces in exact proportions, topped over by venison strips and surrounded by a butter pastry shell, above which is Gallus Aureus ( Golden Fowl ) which is a clay roasted Capon, Pheasant, Grouse or Goose basted in saffron laden butter with a stuffing of shallots, ginger, garlic, leeks and raisins mixed in with buckwheat. Below is Libum Matres (Mother's Bun), a small cake which incorporates bovine colostrum (the first milk that cows give) which is believed to imbue an expectant mother or a woman wanting to become a mother with great health and fertility, it is seasoned also with sweet cheese and cinnamon, beneath this is Tortes Regna(Queen's Tart), a buttery sponge cake topped with a hearty mix of wine grapes macerated in a sweet mixture of honey, rosemary, rose-water and water. To the side is Imperial braided loaf, again incorporating a fair amount of butter and topped with caraway seeds, boiled quail eggs and finally Canales stew(Hare Stew) utilizing roasted rabbit, creamy milk, cheese, and a mixture of forest herbs that lend a soothing spiced flavor typically dried coriander, cumin, black pepper, cloves, sylphium, and nutmeg. Canales stew is a very festive dish in the Empire, it is typically made with white meat, rabbit is traditional, poultry such as duck and chicken is most often used or seafood in coastal areas. It is said to provide happiness but has a bit of a reputation since many of the ingredients are believed to be aphrodisiacs in the Empire, particularly rabbit meat.

This very assemblage of food is quite popular and is traditionally associated with symbolic aspects of fertility and womanhood, the so-called Empress Marthessa's feast. If you had the wealth, this (or part thereof) is what you would serve to a woman guest-of-honor to show either adoration, respect, or status. Matrimonial festivities and noble gatherings often serve these.
Allan (played anonymously)

“Want to come get tacos? I know a good food truck below the overpass..”
Higgs Monaghan (played anonymously)

"How about pizza? Can't beat a hot, fresh baked pizza pie."
Zaharah (played by hexblading)

"I'd recommend this nice inn I know that serves some good mutton soup. They waste no parts, mix in the meat with offal as well, and reduce the broth so much that it's thickened to twice the usual consistency, and is peppered with just enough spices to make it just harmonious. You'll find a luxurious amount of love and ingredients added to the mix, like ginger, pepper, shallots, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, candlenut, nutmeg, clove, star anise... Ooh, goodness, I'm all peckish just thinking about it."

mE0eZZUvEdcWdvtxDFQ0yBlo6-I.jpg

How about a roasted leg of lamb to stave your voracious appetite spy-mistress ? I can already hear Connor quipping.
Rosetta banner (played by Dib2435)

" There is some homemade chicken noodle soup that my dad made left over from dinner last. " Rose said as she gives the bowl of soup to the person in front of her.
Come, have a seat. Today Saoji is serving a traditional Japanese meal. Teishoku.

6354206067_a75a211e50_z.jpg

There are different types of teishoku, and this is rice teishoku. It has rice, a small secondary side dish that is vegetables. The main side dish is an assortment of meat finely cooked. Then there is also miso soup on the side and pickles as well, along with green tea.

Enjoy yourself.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » The Character Above You Is Hungry

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus