Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

(I'm pretty sure you can join in with any character so it's fine! :D)
Note that the city watchman had been chastened and sent off Aislinn felt a little more free to speak.

"T'would be a strain on my honor to treat thee thusly," Aislinn said in deference, "I dost think yon mayor perhaps might be offended by thine ending his relationship with thy foe."

The red headed paladin turned her head slightly to look upon the guards who were milling away one by one and then was v reminded of the young woman with the strange ears; Robin, she said her name was.

"Huntress Robin," she said after finishing her thought, "Wouldst thou be so kind as to lend your tracking skills to recent battle and map it out? Thy testimony, though I think it will not come to such, night be useful."

Placing her attention back on Liothryth she continued.

"I dost think thou hast naught to worry of," she continued, "the mayor is likely fearful and attempts to intimidate. Such rabble do not understand a warrior as thou. That such action serves only to rule the sensibilities of the courageous and good hearted.

"He willst assume you chastened and not pursue the matter for, being a coward, would not dare press you against a pike wall."
Robin (played by Jaws)

Her tail wagged when she heard that Aislin had a task for her. "You can count on me!", she said excited. She ran in the direction towards the recent battle site. She used her nose to pick up possible scents.
Lady Red (played by Reithesniper)

Red would ride in instead of on a small tank like she'd like it was a horse, with a red tint due to her magic slightly affecting its speed "wowowowooww,so cool!" She'd laugh "such a funny looking place!" A magic circle appeared in front of her hand "lets see.."
Linota (played by DoogieMeowser)

Linota had stood there in the yard to listen to Aislin argue with the royal guard about what to do with the group of established murderers. Her breath hitched in her throat as all of this had just become very real. They were really going to throw them in cells! The fiery paladin appeared unmoving against the guards, though Linota had her doubts. She looked down the alley, where Ren, Azumi, and Liothryth had gone, and felt suddenly, very alone. Only Cairo stood by her side, after having come to clean her up, and the children who still waited to eat.

“Winot-uhhhh,” Henry whined at her. They had stopped paces ahead to wait for her and Cairo, after growing too fearful to move forward without them. They didn’t quite understand what was happening with the knight and the guards, but there was no denying the tension hanging thick in the air. Something told them that they needed to stick together more than they needed to eat.

Linota ignored their whines, frozen in her gaze at the guards. One of the men was looking right at her and his sneer eagerly devoured her apparent dismay. She swallowed before returning her expression to its usual glower. Damn him for seeing her. She looked away and at the newly introduced Robin. Not long after that, Liothryth came back to introduce herself to Aislin. Then Azumi and Ren, too. Linota watched this with mixed feelings; relief at the sight of them, anger that they had left at all, and an overall annoyance at the whole situation. The teenage angst was relentless.

A great sense of relief came over her when the guards took their leave. She took a breath and felt her shoulders drop as a good chunk of the tension left with them. She paid close attention to Liothryth’s and Aislin’s conversation, about what was to come, and paid little to anything else. That was until Robin began to scout the area, taking in scents like a dog. Linota blinked at her, wondering if that was really going to work. Did she have all of their scents already? Linota wondered if Radigan’s having gotten a rooster head and the fact that he was cooked would confuse the fox girl’s nose. She watched to see how this was going to play out, still listening to the two women talk. Linota herself was content to keep out of the conversation entirely. She felt a strange confidence in Liothryth, as if the old mage could, without a doubt, keep them safe if they only stayed behind her. She was frightening still, but if aimed at the enemy her power was a great protection. Better still, she seemed to know what to say to the knight, whereas Linota did not. She knew a decent amount of things, but communicating with the law was not one of them.
Butter (played by Reithesniper)

Butter would be in town, being sold as well..a cow, not really surprising is it? The as the bid would go higher and higher she'd grow slowly more stressed, due to the sedatives, she wouldnt even be able to burst out of the cage, she could just sit there in horror as the bid went higher with each buyer
Assallya (played by Slain)

"Is that bitch still there?" Assallya asked Linota rhetorically, peering around the girl's shoulder at Aislinn, "I'd rather have the law around than someone like red there. You can bribe the law. Her, she'd take offense at the notion."

Assallya, somehow, even though it was near impossible, looked as radiant as she ever did.
She was wrapped in the black harem silks she regularly wore, eyes lined with kohl, and cheeks brushed with blush despite not having yet returned to her wagon to change.

Secretly the blonde sorceress liked what she saw in Linota. Most urchins would have run off but the girl was smart, by listening in on the conversation she'd know whether she even needed to run, how far and possibly where she might need to run to. You could make a plan without information.

"She seems to have a thing for Liothryth though..." Assallya added as she also listened, "I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing."

Red would continue to ride around slowly as if looking for something, although not even she knew what it was, she'd finally make her way to the shop passing the auction Butter is currently being held, not caring much for the be as face of horror she'd continue deeper into the shopping district
Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

A small smile came to Lio's lips at Aislin's assurances. "In truth, while I would submit to truth compulsion and questioning, I didn't really think it would be necessary."

The smile faded into a frown. "I am concerned about this town though. The one I killed, Radigan, has held everyone here under his sway, as I understand it. How much was from magic and how much was from the corruption of local officials I don't know. What I do know is that he had a lieutenant who assisted him and that the children he had forced to help him now have no one at all to care for them. The lieutenant is his Radigan's old house, I believe under a sleep spell, and the children are at a building that my companions and I we staying in temporarily and where we had set up a large buffet for the town."

Lio would go on to give Aislin a brief summary of what had led them to holding the party in the first place, but left out any and everything she could while still making the story coherent.

She'd continue riding through the district just to be hit with a punch, sending her off the horse and just a little bit outside the district, she'd stand up just to be met with a silver shotgun shell, this caused her face and most of her head to be mutilated although the damage would heal just fine, the mercenary of sorts would be looking at Red with angry almost glowing eyes as she created a force field of sorts, they'd put a single finger up

"Bullet Hell, Im going to shred your body until you pay me" she'd produce a smoke grenade, throwing it into the field causing four more to appear too, this would slow Red's regeneration, now firing multiple time AA-12 would take a break and just toss grenades in, even for Red who has heightened senses was having a hard time not being as stated before shredded by said shots
(( @Reithesniper just want to point out that your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the situation of the roleplay at hand and so they are being ignored. pay attention to your surroundings and always keep the story moving forward with your posts! that's the whole point of roleplaying after all :)

your character is also bizarrely out of this setting's league and so it could lead to power playing. might i suggest a super human setting or a more "anything goes" setting? ))
"Sooth," Aislinn replied at the conclusion of Liothryth's tale, "I beggeth thy pardon master mage but I think they didst not fear this man so much as they feared what he implied. By operating with such brazen abandon many wouldst assume he had a patron."

The knight of Azuth then smiled wickedly.

"If thou wouldst be so kind," she asked, "I couldst hand this surviving ruffian to the Clergy of Tyr the Even Handed. Rest assured they shall mete out appropriate justice as sure as Correlon Larethion's own and I wouldst not shed one tear for I've who so uses children.
-and should he give up any masters he may have we will learn of it."
Robin (played by Jaws)

She sniffed around, catching scents of chicken and burnt something. It did kinda of threw her off as she thought to herself, 'Chicken? That is strange?' She also realized that she didn't get the people's scent recognized either. She went towards the chicken smell, seeking on whatever causing the smell.
Linota (played by DoogieMeowser)

Linota jumped at the sound of a voice behind her ear and whipped her head around to find Assallya peeking over her shoulder.
“When did you–?” Linota began to ask, but Assallya continued, making her look at the paladin with studious, amber eyes. Her tone turned to whispers. “She doesn’t seem to need a bribe. Do you think she’s tricking us?”

At Assallya’s assumption that the knight ‘had a thing’ for Liothryth, Linota’s bodily reaction was to feel jealous, though she had no idea why. She just didn’t trust her, that was it. This woman was a danger to all of them, Assallya believed it too. Unbeknownst to Linota, she was scowling directly at the knight as she spoke, until Robin’s apparent confusion caught her attention. She looked at the fox girl and a small, amused smile toyed at the corner of her lips. It shouldn’t have been funny, what they did to that man, but– it was. She was certain, however, that anyone who found Radigan in the state he was in would not think so. They should have kept the blame on Caldwell, but alas, it was too late now.

When Linota saw that Robin was following Radigan’s roasted chicken smell, which would lead her to the house, she bristled. “I wouldn’t,” Linota would quickly whisper to Robin, if the girl started following the scent trail into the house.
Cairo seeing linotas frown whispers a question to her "hey Lin, you good? Your making that face again" having a hint of concern in his voice
Ren Hemmberg (played by Revereen)

As Ren returned to the recently refurbished room he stayed at. He sat down for a moment to eat some sushi. But then he was worried about someone, a group of people, actually.

The kids..., he thought to himself. He knew he was starving, but seeing those children being tortured by Radigan and surviving that terrible fate, it seemed to him that they needed the food more than he did. He took only 3 pieces of sushi from the tray and planned to give the rest to the children, so he put them in a bag of cloth, it was all he could do right now as he had nothing else to put it in.

He silently walked to where his friends were, making sure he was not seen by anyone else and gave the bag of sushi to Linota. He told her to give it to the children and then pulled back his hood, completely showing his jet black eyes and brown hair. He started to cool his head a bit with some sort of cooling spell and then proceeded to approach Lio.

"I guess I forgot to ask what the red-haired lady wants from us", Ren said to Lio, "Are we in trouble or something?"
Robin (played by Jaws)

Hearing Linota warning her, Robin nodded and strayed away from that direction. Hearing a bird chirping in the distance, she paused and thought for a second. 'Maybe I should look for blood', she thought to herself as she rubbed her chin like there was a beard there. Robin went back to searching but instead looked and sniffed for blood.
Liothryth Terandes (played by Mirafin) Topic Starter

"Do as you will," Lio answered Aislin. "I trust you that justice will be found." She rubbed a hand over her face and tucked a strand of hand that had escaped her bun behind her ear. "Do you happen to know of any monasteries or such in the are who might be willing to take the children? They can't just be left without care or else someone similar may come and mistreat them again."

Lio turned to Ren and gave him a reassuring smile. "Quite a few people are going to be in trouble in the near future, but I don't think we'll be among them, at least not of this." Her smile turned amused, there was always a chance after all. "I'm hoping we can find some way to help the children. Once that's figured out, we'll gather our group together again and once again set off on our adventure."

She watched the Huntress for a moment, a thoughtful look on her face, then raised her voice to speak to her. "Lady Huntress, might I have a moment of your time?"
Robin (played by Jaws)

Hearing Liothryth, she went over to her. "Whatcha need?", she asked as her tail swayed a bit. Her quiver was a bit disheveled and she had a couple leafs in her hair. She placed one of her hands on her hips.
Assallya (played by Slain)

"Oh no," Assallya said to Linota, "I don't think she's capable of tricking someone. She never lies. She's relentless. There's trust and there's trust. You can trust her to follow her duty, to be a decent person. Just don't ask her to help you hide a body."

The blonde sorceress sighed and shook her head slightly and chuckled.

"She's been looking to lock me up for a while," Assallya explained, "but she hasn't been able to find proof of any misdeeds.

"So... yes. You can trust the redhead."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus