Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

(( Caldwell is either going to sleep through the whole ordeal or someone else can play him XD aannd the five teenage children that Azumi made safe will run out the back to further safety while the fight ensues, the demand of the amulet bouncing right off of them. the girl with the paper doll is grateful to have a doll, but confused to be given a gift ))
When the small bits of embers hit Radigan’s ice shield, they exploded away along with the ice, creating a mix of icicles and fire that shot through the sky. It was heading straight toward Ren and Liothryth. They would have to avoid the dangerous shower that fell upon them.

(( posting that attack again, i think it was missed. i’m gonna highlight attacks in red, to state that they're meant for a reaction. the dice rolls have begun! XD ))

The children Azumi bound looked angry that they couldn’t reach their target. Their bodies screamed at them that that was all they were ever meant to do, that was their only purpose: Kill Cairo. They struggled in their binds and screamed when Azumi tried to tell them they had families. Even in their state, they had all spent years coming to terms with the fact that what she said just wasn’t true. They were absolutely, inarguably alone.
“Kill Cairo!” A few of them shouted at her, angry that she didn’t understand. They didn’t even seem to care that he had grown double his size. They still wanted him dead.

After whatever damage the rain of fire and ice might have done, the distraction it might have created, Radigan started to walk backwards, away from Liothryth and Ren, dragging Linota with him to cover his front. Then he saw that new girl, naked as sin, casting a spell to make Cairo larger. He swore bitterly. Just how many allies did those two make?? Radigan squeezed Linota’s middle more tightly in his silent agitation. He was going to use her up until there was nothing left!! He just had to get out of here.

He headed for the opening in his fence, away from all to commotion, before Liothryth started throwing fireballs at him. He shielded himself with Linota and focused on protecting only the parts of him she didn’t cover. Linota struggled, her reptilian brain telling her ‘fire bad’, and winced just before one of them smacked her on the side of the head. It whizzed by so quickly that her hair didn’t have time to catch, fortunately for her, but the damned thing still hurt! She gritted her teeth in frustration as Radigan laughed triumphantly.

Then there was what felt like a tap on his shoulder. The protection spell Radigan had put on his backside had absorbed the arrow, but it did make him turn around in surprise. He thought there might have been a person behind him. His hold on Linota laxed, but he didn’t drop her.
Radigan sneered at Ren and Liothryth’s use of magical shields to avoid his destructive rain. He didn't notice that Liothryth had been burned, however minimally, as he made his way to the opening of the fence. As he dragged Linota backward, he was tapped on the back and turned, his grip loosening around his hostage. Just then, he felt the jolt of several stabs in his forearm and dropped Linota to the ground, where she face-planted into the packed dirt.

“Someone get me OUT of this!!” Linota wailed into the earth as her frustration bubbled over. She kicked her feet to try and roll over, to see everything, and managed to get herself in an angle to do so just in time to see Ren charging right at Radigan–and thus herself–at the speed of a galloping horse. Her eyes widened in surprise before she winced away from the green beams, curling herself into a limb bound fetal position. Her face was framed in cakey, sweat-dirt and she very much hated life at the moment.

Radigan snarled his teeth at Ren then propped the staff in the crook of his elbow so he could grab up all of the weapons in his left arm. The magic that Azumi used ensured that all of the makeshift weapons found their target and not one accidentally hit Linota. A green beam hit Radigan on the left side of his collarbone and the staff fell, clattering to the ground with a force. Radigan yelled his displeasures and cursed the man, then he threw the childrens’ weapons at Ren with a burst of magical force, turning it into a game of fatal hot potato. His collarbone seared with the exertion and Radigan gritted his teeth.

Through the pain of having just thrown the weapons at Ren, made up of kitchenware, garden shovels, and cheap daggers, Radigan worked to conjure another shield, this one weaker than the first, only made up of vague energy instead of thick ice. His left arm was badly bleeding now and his fingers no longer listened to him. His right was painful to move with the injured bone, but the idea of losing was far worse than any physical pain, so he bore it. Once the shield was up, he hoped to grab the fallen staff from the ground and use it to blast everyone away from him. The idea of fleeing came to him for but a moment, before he defiantly withdrew the thought. This was his house! No way would he run and leave everything that was so rightfully his.

While Radigan went to pick up the staff, behind the protection of his shield, a threat rang out and surprised him enough to look for the source of the strong, femenine voice before he retrieved his weapon. It was a red haired woman and her horse, who both seemed to appear out of absolutely nowhere. He wondered angrily what ‘question’ this stranger was referring to, having heard none, though heeded none of her demands. It made him immediately furious that yet another person had come to choose the side of the orphans instead of his.
“These dealings have nothing to do with you!" He yelled at her, momentarily forgetting the staff on the ground. Then he turned his attention to all of them. “With any of you!! Leave my property at ONCE or face the consequences!”
(( i will post tomorrow! my days got a little packed from having to make up for being sick 💀 but i'm excited to see how the dice say this goes 😆 ))
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Hey everyone, I'm going to be taking a day or so off from roleplaying. I'll post again soon.))
(May I join this adventure?)
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Hello everyone! Mirafin here, AKA Liothryth. We've got a lot going on in a lot of different places so I thought it would be useful if we took a moment to figure out exactly where everyone is and what they're doing.

I think I've gotten Lio lost somewhere in town and I'm not exactly sure if she's over by Radigan's or at the building with the party at this point - or maybe even somewhere in between. My intention is to have her talk to the guards and try to straighten things out there and meet our new comer [Hi Astrobeans! Welcome to the RP!], and then I'm not sure from there.))
((Hello and I am happy to join this roleplay!))
Linota (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( Based on information gathered 🤖

- Assallya is still in Radigan's house.
- Aislin and the guards are debating what to do with the lot of them in Radigan's yard, though Aislin seems to be on their side.
- Linota is standing just in front of the alley with the children, watching the interaction between Robin and Aislin (and now the dispute with the guards).
- Cairo is next to Linota, having come to clean her up.
- Liothryth walks through the alley to go eat at the party then comes back to Radigan's yard to confront Aislin.
- Azumi & Ren go to make sushi/sleep at the party and both, unbeknownst to Azumi, come back through the alley and into Radigan's yard to introduce themselves to Aislin and to Robin.
- Ren returns to the party immediately after introducing himself.
- Robin is standing in Radigan's yard, introducing herself.

if something isn't right, please correct it 🙏😅
otherwise we can go from there! ))
(Im sorry to interrupt, but if possible would Lady red fit in somewhere, as she's a witch and all, I just dont want to mess anything up)
(I'm pretty sure you can join in with any character so it's fine! :D)
(( @Reithesniper just want to point out that your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the situation of the roleplay at hand and so they are being ignored. pay attention to your surroundings and always keep the story moving forward with your posts! that's the whole point of roleplaying after all :)

your character is also bizarrely out of this setting's league and so it could lead to power playing. might i suggest a super human setting or a more "anything goes" setting? ))
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Quick question for the group: Since we're pretty much done here would everyone be okay with a time skip forward to the next place in our adventure? If there are no objections, we can go to the ruins of the wizard's tower next and do a dungeon crawl thing. Along with that, if anyone has any ideas for fun traps, monsters, etc. they'd like to see, please feel free to suggest them.))
((I have no objections with a time skip))
((Sure!))
Mirafin Topic Starter

Over time the small group managed to find homes for the many children so abused by the vile Radigan.

Caldwell was handed over to the Clerics of Tyr which was an affront to the city guard who had probably hoped to quietly disappear Radigan's lieutenant.

Those in the group sensitive to the subtleties of power felt distant eyes upon them, watching, if not their every move, ensuring they weren't further going to be trouble.

Now, days later the small troupe moved across glen and dale, through light copses and short swathes of deep wilderness as they journeyed towards the fallen tower at Elsen's Tor where the Athanasia Orb lay buried this half millenium.

Their newest member, Robin, had proved invaluable in finding fresh game and the cauldron, pots and pans and spices from Assallya's wagon kept the group well fed and in good spirits.

Now they were but hours away from the Tor.

((Thanks to Slain for the great write up. If anyone wants to add anything feel free to, and if there any questions about what the heck is going on, you can ask here or in DMs.))
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Hey everyone, I just realized that, as of Thursday, this RP has been going on for 6 months. I just wanted to thank everyone for helping to somehow continue the story that I totally made up on the fly.))
Mirafin wrote:
((Hey everyone, I just realized that, as of Thursday, this RP has been going on for 6 months. I just wanted to thank everyone for helping to somehow continue the story that I totally made up on the fly.))

((I may not be involved but this accomplishment is no small feat. Congrats my friend. ^_^))
Mirafin Topic Starter

((Welcome Gwen! Since we have a new member and six months of story, I thought I'd do a quick recap post.

Liothryth Terandes is a very old elf who hired Assallya Kressair to help find a magical items called an Athanasia Orb in the ruined tower of a very powerful mage. The tower was also the sight of a battle a long time ago in which Lio was injured and her friends killed.

Before Lio and Assallya had left the town of Pendel where they had met, they encountered Linota and Cairo Geria. These two had been forced to work for Radigan, a criminal who made children commit crimes for them. Lio and Assallya agreed to help them get rid of Radigan, who had threatened them with death if they defied him.

About this time, Azumi Hemmberg and Ren Hemmberg, travelers from another world appeared. They also agreed to help take care of Radigan, and to help Lio find the Orb in return for any assistance they could get in returning to their world.

After some shenanigans and a battle, Radigan was defeated. Aislin Rowanmantle, a paladin, came to Pendel in the after math of the battle and decided to join the group as well. About this time, Robin, a fox girl huntress, came into town and ended up joining the group too.

The group is in a clearing in the woods a few hours away from Elsen's Tor, the wizard's tower. It is first thing in the morning. Linota and Lio were having a conversation about a magical staff that Linota had and it led to the discovery that Linota can do magic. Cairo was practicing with his sword and was offered help from Ren, Azumi, and Aislin to improve his skills and to learn other weapons as well.

The other's had gathered around Linota and Lio to congratulate Linota on her new found powers and were heading back to their campsite proper to have breakfast.

If I missed anything, please add it.))
Linota (played by DoogieMeowser)

(( it's been great fun! i'm glad i found all of you :D no small feat, indeed.

is Astrobeans still with us? ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Walking the World Again (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus