Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » How Would Your Chara React... V2! (IC)

"Back for more!"

4. On a sick day/injured - as bad as you want

Bad case of the flu; sore throat, skyrocketing body temperature, bad cough, semi runny nose, probably only on the third or fourth day...all while thirty-five weeks pregnant. Laying on the couch with a cup of tea and a bowl of hot & sour soup nearby. Life really just sucks. Only solution is to lay down and cry.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
"Let it rain."

15. Realising they have a biological kid/family member that they didn't know about

Shock and then making plans to meet them for the first time, but can't help thinking it will be awkward due to being in the late stages of pregnancy.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.
Sure, let's do this again.
Or apparently not add dice properly, great, lovely, ow.

Having somebody break into their home in the middle of the night.

Oh! I get to do this one! Nice.

Ahem

The would-be intruder is made before they even reach the door between the roots of the massive tree. Entering the clearing sets off a good handful of magical tripwires without them noticing, alerting the resident of one of the two homes to their arrival, as well as their mass, general proportions, and active spellforms. They reach the ramp leading down to the door and another set of subtle spells twig. Bold. They must have assumed she wasn't home, and that she couldn't get there quickly. There was no way they had just missed the tripwire wards that easily. They had active spells up and had gotten this far into the Greatwood alive.

Victi doesn't bother leaving the all-fours mode she had been in for sleeping in her home nest/blanket pile as she rises and dashes over to the kitchen, just to get fully out of sight of the main entrance. There was enough space for her long, lanky body and massive array of tails in here, and she could use the counter as cover while on all fours. A quick telekinesis spell lets her snag a half dozen large blocks of scorched plastic and metal from the Microwave Pit she had added on off the far side of the kitchen and prepare them for hurling. She had better options, obviously, mana darts, thermal rays, kinetic pulses, lightning, disintegration.... the list went on, but smacking someone with a high speed microwave seems funny at the moment.

There's some noise at the door as the intruder bypasses the mag-lock, admittedly uncomfortably quickly, but this is why she had warning spells in place. Another spell trigger confirms that they're inside, and she could hear and smell them now. Firefur, by the smell, but that made sense given the Greatwood. Nobody she knew. Female, probably.

They step in further, probably looking to search the living-room or garage/workshop first. Unfortunately for them, they don't make it to the doorways as a barrage of broken microwave ovens comes hurtling down the hallway. There's an initial scream of confusion followed by yelps of pain as the improvised projectiles find their target. Victi jumps in celebration, converting to her upright mode in the process, and excitedly scurries around the corner to see the damage, magic-grabbing a few more destroyed appliances in the process. This was officially the best way to deal with home invaders! This was going to be a FUN interrogation!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10.

Note: Let's see what's around this corner...

Sandra Sherman (played anonymously)

Alright.

At a job interview

Sandra gulped nervously as she took a seat in front of the interviewer. "Hi there, I'm Sandra Sherman, and I'm here to interview for the receptionist job that you posted about. Yes, I know that I'm pregnant, but please don't let that discourage you. I can still do a good job, as you can tell from my attached resume."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.
Jack Archer (played by -Knight-)

Quote:
A "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" or "To Build A Fire" situation; trapped in a wilderness of your choice. Do they live in the wilderness already? Then plonk 'em somewhere else they're not used to!

That's the LAST time Jack flies in a plane, at least for a while. Now that its gone down, he gathers what supplies he can before he uses his wilderness survival training to help him live in this untamed land of trees, shrubs and bushes. First order of business, he climbs a tall tree to see if he can get his bearings. That doesn't work because he cannot get above the tree line. Once a few hours pass, he knows where the sun will set and that means he knows where North, East, South and West are. With this in mind, he also knows where the nearest town is based on the direction his plane was heading. But its quite the trek. He's going to have to hike through miles of rough terrain, brave the elements and spend the night out here before he can make it there.

But Jack has already been in situations like this, so he roughs it out and finds water via river streams and drinks it. He knows that is a risk but he takes it. He's lucked out, not getting sick. Food? Simple, he gets angry enough to transform into a Werewolf and hunts a deer. Of course, he takes his clothes off first, that way he has something to wear when he's human again.

Eventually, the days and nights pass before he manages to make it back to civilization.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.
Ayla and Meng (played by PinkBrat)

The only reason she showed up at this godforsaken, useless place was because she had to. No, she wasn't court ordered, thankfully, but she might as well be given the circumstances that led her here.

Ayla sat across from her therapist, the first she ever had, cross legged with a glare that could burn holes into anyone. "There is nothing wrong with me! My childhood was perfect. My life is perfect. It isn't my fault that some a**holes don't like the way that I am. I need you to write in your little notes that it isn't necessary for me to be here then get your a** out there and tell him that I'm fine!" Clearly, she was not fine.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
Majima (played by Luscinioide)

stuffing my face with these character games like an impoverished british prince at the winter festival's feast

"Being observed/stalked by an alien species (or just a really determined human)"
Their war spanned for eons.

So long as the sun rose in the east and set in the west, so long as the earth continued to spin, and so long as the other still drew breath, they fought their fearsome battle. They were as day was to night. Water to fire. No matter how far the trials of life pulled them apart, they always found their way back to one another and rekindled their ancient hatred.

An unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Majima did not possess the prowess to overcome her stalwart defenses. In the same light, Kameko lacked the means to fight her way through Majima’s relentless onslaught. They inevitably found themselves at an impasse – the same one that they had both dedicated their entire lives to defeating.

It was part of Majima’s weekly routine at this point. Each time they managed to find and reset the tracking chip that always snuck its way into their belongings, they were mere hours too late. Their defensive position was already revealed, and by then, Kameko had orchestrated the beginnings of her assault. She never gave up. She refused to come to terms with the reality that her efforts were a matter of futility. Majima often thought that the only thing capable of stopping her was death. Her own, or that of her enemy's.

Majima’s red pinpoints rolled towards the cracks manifesting in the digital towers that stretched miles high into an inky void. The binary code ebbed and flowed, splinters in a dam barely holding back a vicious flood – an uncontainable static that seeped through the weak points, soon to come crashing through in tidal waves of corruption. Kameko had never been one for secrecy, let alone finesse.

Amateur.

“...You’re late. Thought you’d finally given up.”
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
Crowley (played by sarcasyms)

Woop, here we go

Catching someone else doing what they're not supposed to
It depends, really. If it's Aziraphale, and it seems like it won't endanger the angel, they're going to let him do whatever he pleases. How could you say no to that face?

If it's someone else, well... It gets complicated. If it's just a random human, and they're not hurting anybody, he'll probably just walk away and pretend nothing happened. But, if the human is hurting somebody else, Crowley will pull off some demonic miracle to make them stop, under the guise of eventually sending their soul to hell. If it's somebody she knows, like for example, a child under her care, she'll usually let it slide if it doesn't affect their wellbeing too much.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
"When it rains, it pours."

13 - Someone finding out their darkest secret. Or everyone finding out.

"Newsflash...My water broke."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.
Okyp Ymyk (played by randomentity777)

"Lets-a go!"

EDIT: "Well, time to form a Grudgeband and eliminate everyone who knows."
"Is it really good luck to touch the belly?"

16 - Trying to gain the trust of someone that they're lying to or that has something your chara wants

"Would you like to touch the belly? Or maybe a kiss, a drink even? I make some very mean cocktails."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.
Let's try this again...
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.
"Make it rain."

15 - Realising they have a biological kid/family member that they didn't know about - feel free to reroll/switch if it isn't a likely thing

"First impression is gonna be awkward either way because I'm currently pregnant. Maybe an Aunt, or Uncle? Perhaps an alienated grandparent I've never met before? Not a kid though. Would be hard to forget a kid that you carried in your belly for nine months before bringing them into the world..."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 15.
Bastogne (played by majormango)

rolled 12 wrote:
Thinking they're about to die (and then finding out they aren't)

"Would you look at that? How uncanny a draw to have." - Bastogne
(( I'm getting internal stares from my character. This is one interesting roll for him.. /ooc ))

hidden, TW references to dying
"It's less of a reaction for me and more of a I-lived-it situation. Without too many details, I could feel overwhelming physical pain in my body. The tracking of time escaped me. My thoughts were difficult to grasp or hold onto for longer than passing seconds. I recall exhaustion blanketing me as my whole body succumbed to weakness I never experienced before. I had, mentally, surrendered to, presumably, the gods or the universe itself.

The next thing I knew, I woke up on the soft grass next to my mother. A crude basin of water was next to me and I believe there were primitive rag-like objects drenched in old blood. Once my mother knew I was awake, her eyes lit up with joy. She touched her nose to my face and I can't recall what she said to me or if she said anything. For me, well, that was the point my life was to turn in a different direction than my herd."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12.
"Merry Christmas!"

19 - Losing something that they've worked really hard for

"Well...I'm already moody, so it's not gonna take a lot to make me mad or cry. So...I guess I'll be in the bathroom for a few hours."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19.
Drago (played by Dragothemonk)

Drago looks around looking for his hoard. "where is it whoever took my gold will pay with their lives!" he yells in draconic and storms around the city in a huff.

^thats how drago would react to loosing something he worked hard for
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19.

Note: roll then edit

Pyro (played by randomentity777)

"mmph"

EDIT: Pyro stares at the person, the only sound being the muffled breathing of the incoherent immolator. Pyro then pulls out their flamethrower and sets the person on fire.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
rolling!

Someone finding out their darkest secret. Or everyone finding out.

whew. his darkest secret would probably blow up not just his life but the lives of people around him, so he'd feel very responsible and most likely withdraw from everyone. he wouldn't want to be seen or heard from by anybody lest they confront him about it.
"Another one."

20. A "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" or "To Build A Fire" situation; trapped in a wilderness of your choice. Do they live in the wilderness already? Then plonk 'em somewhere else they're not used to!

"Trapped on an island and...I'm due in six weeks. Guess I'm gonna have to hope a boat or plane make it out here. Guess I'd better get started on an SOS signal somehow..."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » How Would Your Chara React... V2! (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus