Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » How Would Your Chara React... V2! (IC)

"What are we all playing?"

19. Losing something that they've worked really hard for

Reaction: Disbelief... "House foreclosed and money all down the drain...Now I'm homeless and probably won't be able to cover my hospital bills...now what do I do...?"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19.
"Oh my. What could possibly go wrong?"

20. A "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" or "To Build A Fire" situation; trapped in a wilderness of your choice. Do they live in the wilderness already? Then plonk 'em somewhere else they're not used to!

Reaction: "Oh...that went very wrong. Can't get any worse then being out in the woods at night...well after dark. And all I'm wearing is a floral maxi dress. I'm very pregnant and...all I have for a light source is my phone which is at 35%...Well...here's to hoping I can go to a spot and get reception so I can call 911. The thought of having a baby out here...Nope. I'm good..."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.
"Oh, oh, my turn!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5.
5. Caught doing something they shouldn't be

Probably playing around with her longboard or with a dirt bike. Definitely not riding either of them though...

Reaction: "Oh...Well...This is awkward...I can explain!"
Indra (played by AgitoAceXIII)

"Well, let's see..."

"AHEM. I don't need another job! I already got one, and I don't need some suckers holdin' me down!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.
Kalara (played by randomentity777)

"Bring it on!"

EDIT: "Today is a good day to die! I'll see you in Sto-vo-kor, chich wo'vam!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
"I'll put my faith in the odds. Why not? Ahahaha!"

EDIT: "Ahahaha! I'm not afraid of dying anyway! Bring it on!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12.
"Don't think I've played this before, but I'll bite."

2. At the therapist (below your character's dignity? Then they can be the therapist instead!) Either way - they spill their guts, or get someone else to spill their guts... or maybe they just clam up entirely. I dunno, they're your character!

Reaction: "Oh, I'm a Therapist. This'll be lovely."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
"Wonder what the dice roll holds for me..."

Reaction: "Well, I gotta survive somehow. Can't just be laying in bed all day long..."
"Ohhh...This'll be fun."

9. Being observed/stalked by an alien species (or just a really determined human)

Another determined human...

Reaction: "Come any closer and I will roast you into one of the nine hells!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
Zubairad (played by hexblading)

Getting the best news of their life

With @scarffles' Edgar Crowe.

He was pacing back and forth in the safehouse all night, still silence broken only by the sound of heels on wood, on whipping winds on the windows as an unforgiving storm brewed outside.

When it was finally broken by something else, the coming was undignified. Inelegant, and lacked all the presentation The Flock so prided itself to have. It was akin to seeing birds flying into a window in a storm, for it was exactly what it was. Through whipping winds and their leather lapels, three of the Birds came rushing into the hideout and slammed the door shut behind them in a rush. One of them, a ponytail of blonde hair behind him, clutched a tear of leathers and skin to his side. Wren. Wounds from a battle, and even the hardiest of them didn't manage to escape unscathed.

Zubairad fought the preternatural urge to come to his aide, to heal the scratch with the touch of magic. They had a deal, and he was consorting with the enemy that could betray him at any moment. For Qithyne, he thought to himself. For Qithyne.

"We found her." The shortest of the three spoke. Beneath the uniform of a leather coat and a bird's mask that concealed the entire face, all Zubair could use as indicators were aether signatures, height, build and their hair colours behind the mask. Radiant blood, dark hair in a bun, short, lean. Songbird. "Your sister, Qithynerha-Marwati, yes?"

Zubairad's breath caught in his chest, but he didn't dare say anything else. Even his thoughts stopped short in their tracks.

"She's alive. Jus' barely. She won' be, iffin' Koel gets t' 'er first, n' we bungled 'im lair, s' 'e's gotta drag 'im bony arse summat far." Sailor's accent, tall, hair cropped at odd angles–Crow. He piped up to follow, slumping down on the nearest chair he could find in exhaustion. "Bugger this. Vulture's a lost cause. Can't believe she bought Koel's–Nggh." He grunted, a sharp pain seizing his leg. Wren limped over, going to Crow's injury to pull healing magic from the Weave to knit his injuries together.

"We have to move quickly. Now, in the interest of time." Songbird said, placing a healing spell on herself. "We have one safehouse we can use on the way. I know this is asking a lot of you, but please allow us some time to rest. It took us all of our strength and more to defeat Vulture, and we need–we need to be prepared for what lies ahead."

"Why are you going to such lengths for me?" He breathed, eyebrows knitted. "You have done your part in balancing the odds, you have no more obligation to the matter. Leave. Run, fly, whatever it is you do. Save yourselves. Leave Koel to me."

"You said it yourself, didn't you? That ours is the sin of ignorance." Wren strained to say, parting with some of his healing powers to knit the ugly gash in his side. "We're setting it right. The least you could do is shut up and let us do it."

"Let it not be said there was none who answered your call to justice. Koel drove his hands in us, as well; we each have our reasons, but let's make this simple." Zaharah sighed, pulling out a chair to sit. "The dastard has your sister and made a mausoleum out of our friends. He has to die. We'd be mad to turn away."

He dropped to his knees, yet it did nothing to lessen the height between them. There he was, a towering hulk of a man, bending the knee to three lesser beings who only but three days prior he’d sworn he’d kill once they ran out their use. Him, the high and mighty Providence, bending the knee to the only three people in the entire world who actually gave half of a damn enough to save his family, and found her. They succeeded where he couldn’t, their hands reached where his own fell short.

"Thank you.” He gasped between tears. “Thank you all."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7.
_Skylark_ Topic Starter

((I'm working on the other one too lol. But I've got so many ideas. I'm gonna double up. I'm sorry--

edit: the dice has been kind to me 🤩 will edit in a bit))
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.

Note: Frs, sorry, hope I'm not a bother 🥲

Tapedeck (played by randomentity777)

"Engaging."

EDIT: "Perish" Tapedeck turns around and blasts the stalker, reducing them to a smouldering pile of ash.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9.
"Hmm...let's see..."

EDIT: ".......This isn't ideal...Why am I at an interview if I've already got a job?"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 17.
"Round two, here we go!"

14. Hitting that breaking point of stress where it either dips into hysteria or depression. Basically just snapping

Reaction: Burst into tears after seeing a dropped potato chip on the floor.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.
"Alright, hit me with your best shot."

"Again? Okay..."

Sharpening a Sword probably...

Reaction: "This isn't what it looks like...I promise."
Tari - The Meta Runner (played by randomentity777)

"Let's do this!"

EDIT: "Ummm, can I have that rubber ducky please?"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.
((Ooooh, prompt time! :D
Bear with me while I edit this post.

EDIT: Of course... XD))
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.

Note: 3 is the only one I can't see Bailey doing at all- if I get a 3, I'll reroll!

2. At the therapist (below your character's dignity? Then they can be the therapist instead!) Either way - they spill their guts, or get someone else to spill their guts... or maybe they just clam up entirely. I dunno, they're your character!

"So you can't find your folks, eh kiddo?"

Bundled up with blankets after receiving a fresh new robe to wear- one that was purple and at least two sizes too big- Bailey hugged her knees close to her chest. She couldn't even bring herself to make eye contact with the old woman who had so kindly let her in. It was difficult, opening up to a complete stranger... But this was the only person Bailey had to turn to.

"My mother... and my father.... They went out a few days to get food, from- from other people," Bailey confessed, subtle cracks leaking into her voice. "They haven't come home."

"I'm so sorry to hear that, sweetie," Winifred sighed. "...Don't 'cha got any other family members to take care of you, maybe-?"

Bailey sniffled, burying her face further into the crux of her arms. "I have a brother... But he left."

"Not missin' or anything?"

"No. He just didn't like how mother and father acted."

Winifred scoffed, as if she had been deeply offended- when she hadn't been impacted by his actions at all. "And he didn't take you with him to get away from your folks? Why?"

Bailey's face, at this point, had reached its complete burial. "I don't know!"

The old woman shook her head, giving Bailey a brief moment to stifle her sobs. This poor child must have come from a tough situation. Sure, her parents may have been crooks like Bailey had described, but they were just out to get food. And if they were getting food to feed the family, then never coming back home was rather unusual... Winifred swallowed a lump in her throat, suspecting that the worst had happened.

"...Hey, sweetheart," Winifred creakily knelt down and placed a bony, reassuring hand on Bailey's back as the little girl cried. "I could probably have a look into what happened to your folks... and until we find them, how would you like to stay with me?"

Bailey mustered up the courage to make eye-contact with the elderly witch. "...But what if we don't find them?"

"It'll be okay, I promise," Winifred patted Bailey on the back, gentle as could be. "Like I said, you could stay with me if you'd like. How does that sound?"

Though mildly reluctant, Bailey's options were slim. However, she quickly decided that staying with Winifred may be the best option at the moment. She would much rather choose warmth and a roof over her head, rather than going back out to being cold, hungry, and alone.

Winifred smiled as Bailey stood up and wiped away the tears. "Attagirl. Now, come on then- You must be hungry!"

Holding hands, Bailey and Winifred made their way towards the kitchen.

(Not really a 'therapist session', per say, but I guess confessing your problems to your 'temporary-caretaker-turned-adoptive-witchmom' works just fine for this situation too! :D)
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
Jiro (played by Jaws)

Prompt #8 wrote:
Having the worst day of their life

CW: degradation, mention of nearly dying

"Father, I-", Jiro said in a attempt to reason with his father. "Save it, you useless brat", his father looked at the young man with fury, "How could you let her go?" Jiro had nearly died trying to kidnap Cici but let her go, feeling pity for her. "Why can't you be like your brother?", the older man scolded at him. Without thinking, Jiro blurted out, "It is always Daiki with you. I am not him!" He suddenly felt a force against his face; his father had slapped him. "Don't you talk about your brother like that. Unlike you, he gets the job done and brings this family honor", the older man said, "You even can't get a single job done." He waited for his father to leave to let out the tears that were buried inside him and whispered, "All I try to do is to make you proud, Oto-san* and yet I am still not good enough for you."

*Translation (Japanese to English): Father
tumblr_o1usx7DyI91s7fey2o1_500.gif
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 8.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » How Would Your Chara React... V2! (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus