Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Random Word Prompts - Round 2!

"I got a couple of minutes to spare. What say you, D20?"

8. Budget - What is your character's attitude towards spending money? Are they thrifty, or do they have expensive tastes?

"What's the point of having millions in the bank if you don't spend any of it? I have relatively expensive tastes, but sports are expensive in general, so having a budget can be tough at times with buying new gear and fixing up things that are broken. Heart attacks would probably happen if we looked into how much I spent on Skateboarding, Longboarding and Snowboarding alone. Before all the other sports I partake in! Not to mention all the equipment I bring along for recording and paying video editors!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 8.
"Happy to join in. Let's see what we've got."

2. Cinema - Would your character prefer a book or a movie? What are their favourite genres? Do they have a certain comfort film or show?

"I do prefer movies. I find solace and relaxation in the visual stimulation that movies tend to give. Favorite genres includes Action-Adventure, though lately I've been watching more Romance Comedies. My comfort show, if I had to pick, would be Criminal Minds."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2.
"Kinda wanna relax a bit, may as well partake."

3. Mercy - What could someone do to deeply hurt your character? Would they seek revenge? Could your character forgive them, and if so, under what circumstances?

"Take away my guitar, talk badly about my unborn baby, trash on my music...But I wouldn't really go out of my way to seek revenge as that would stress me out more then I already am. But I am certainly not going to be forgiving."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3.
"Ohhhhh, another game? I wanna play!"

20. Fail - How does your character respond to failure, in themselves or others? What do they consider their most inherent failure?

"Freak out and cry. Lot of self-loathing for sure. As far as my biggest failure, probably not valuing family as much as I should have when I was younger. And hopefully I don't make this mistake with my child."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20.
"Roll it. Let's play."
[Adding Dice Roll]

18: Proof - Is your character skeptical? If given evidence that contradicted a core belief of theirs about the world, how would they react?

"I'd certainly be taken aback and I'd be open to the new perspective. But denying isn't gonna make it any different."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18.
Eric Molder (played by SillySpider)

Let's see?

Edit:
2. Cinema - Would your character prefer a book or a movie? What are their favourite genres? Do they have a certain comfort film or show?

"Oh for sure a movie. I personally like horror movies. Though it seems pretty hard to find an actually good horror movie.

Hmm comfort film. Not really. I like movies but I don't think I've ever went to one when I feel upset."
"Bring it!"

Edit: "I prefer a movie. I don't have any specific genres that I like, though. I do have some favourite films and tv shows. My favourite movies are Juno, Ghostbusters 2, and the 1986 Transformers movie. My favourite tv shows are Top Gear, The Grand Tour, and Mystery Science Theatre 3000. As far as comfort films, I tend to watch Ghostbusters 2 whenever I need to take my mind off of something."
Patches (played by GingerHades)

Woooo! More prompts!
*dropkicks the ragdoll at them*

4. Satellite - How does your character feel about space? Would they go, if given the chance? How about life on other worlds? If your character is from another planet, then feel free to talk about that instead!

Much like any young child under the age of 10, Patches is fascinated by outer space. If they were given the chance to go, they'd probably agree to it even before you tell them they're going to space. Though with how poorly they move with gravity, I can imagine they'll have trouble navigating without it.

Alternatively, they can make the Dreamworld space-themed, if they (or the dreamer) so desires. That way they can go without the lack of control over their raggedy vessel!
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
Keiko Irikah (played by silentruth)

Hmm..
Quote:

Irikah's posture somehow became more perfect than before, "It is my duty to learn something new each day. My daily obedience involves reading any text that I have never read before, to learn and contemplate on the mysteries of the multiverse." Film could play the same role, and was an equally effective channel to learn something new. Non-fiction, documentaries, published research and reports.
Quote:
15. Flour - Does your character bake, and do they have a sweet tooth? What is their favourite snack, or a food they'll never say no to?

Irikah chuckled and shook her head, "I am trained in many skills, but baking is certainly not one. My brother had always handled the preparation of food in our travels." Irikah cannot remember the last time she ate something packed with sugar, her diet was strict and calculated. She does, however, quite enjoy a nice whisky, and would rarely reject one offered. Unless she was on duty.
rolled 2d20 and got a natural 17.
2 15

Note: Doubling down again

Paulie Beaman (played by _Skylark_) Topic Starter

((A prompt post I've made that I've not participated on? I'll fix that right now 🤔))
Quote:
16. Writer - Bit of a curveball! Why do you, as a writer, enjoy writing your character? Feel free to really wax lyrical, here! Alternatively, if you're not comfortable doing this - does your character write? This can be journalling, fiction, or otherwise.

Ooh, lots to go on with this one. And the wheel has chosen Beaman!

Now, because I've not used the poor guy much at all, I can't make a solid opinion on him yet. So let's go to the latter side.

Beaman journals religiously. He writes down his thoughts before bed and when waking up in the morning. He's an avid reader as well, though prefers lighter fiction over anything grimdark. Historical settings and high fantasy is cool, too. I like to think he's a bit of a DnD nerd at heart, and has a character that he's been too shy to ever actually play.

He also writes poetry, usually uplifting pieces. He doesn't think it's any good, and will never share it with anyone, but he thinks it's important to keep recognising the beauty in the world.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.

Note: 🥳

Zaharah (played by hexblading)

Change - Is your character open-minded? Will they embrace change or stick to tradition? Will they defend their beliefs, and how vocal are they?

Zaharah is someone who moves with the times. Being adaptive is the core of her job as a bard, and doubly so as a Spymaster. Her personal relationship to tradition is complex in of itself as where she and her found family stands, their practices are more a hodgepodge mix of whatever fits in the current moment than a culture inherited from birth, partly also because she was directly divorced from any form of culture to personally relate to, then reintroduced to other cultures to learn and put a show for.

Where tradition stands, she would find it harder to relate to tradition that isn't necessarily practical or serves meaning. For example, she would find value in traditions that serve purpose, such as the tried and true cures to certain venoms and poisons. If it were vestigial, like wearing henna for simple decoration, she would forgo it entirely and not waste time applying it or sit still for actual hours waiting for it to set.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.
"I'm up for a little dance."

6. Conscientious - Will your character do the right thing, even if it's difficult or scary? How challenging is it for them?

"Yes, I'll do the right thing, no matter how big, small, easy, difficult or terrifying it may be. Of course, this'd be on a case by case basis. Sometimes, I'll be scared and want to turn away, but I will still do the right thing!"
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 6.
Pipes (played by randomentity777)

"Let me take a crack at this."

EDIT: I enjoy writing Pipes because he's one of my favourite Transformers characters. Sure, he only appeared in two episodes of the G1 cartoon, but I like him. His head design looks kind of cute, especially on the deluxe class WFC Kingdom figure. As for him doing writing, I can imagine Pipes keeping a little journal.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16.
Amber Díaz (played anonymously)

Roll...
Quote:
4. Satellite - How does your character feel about space? Would they go, if given the chance? How about life on other worlds? If your character is from another planet, then feel free to talk about that instead!

"I like looking at the stars on clear nights. I probably would go if the chance presented itself, but I'm not driven to try and make it happen. And ye, I think there are some sort of life somewhere out there."
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4.
Yuki (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

14 = Change.
Yuki is pretty accepting of change. They're open-minded, adaptable, and very used to strange things happening to them. They tend to just go with the flow, though if things seem to be changing for the worst they'll definitely try to make it better if they can.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14.
Research - Is your character interested in learning about anything in particular? Why, and how do they learn about them?

While Marc is by no means a scholar, he is a man who respects and knows the worth of knowledge as it pertaining to battle and outside of it. I think every warrior seeks to better his mind and body and as Marc's age proceeds he finds himself taking up the role of leader, mentor and teacher increasingly so but his perspective is very much a knowledge is power venture, for example Cornaeth took in several refugees belonging to the controversial alchemists guild whom were heralded as heretics elsewhere for their works however their refuge in Cornaeth was not out of benevolence but because Marc sought to use their skills to equip his armies with powerful siege weapons and valradic fire. The Arx Lupor has an extensive library on a range of works and Marc is sure to collect and preserve manuscripts and books before burning or razing a settlement belonging to the enemy. Marc likes the company of scholars and philosophers as these people were held with regard within the Empire and made for good counsel as well as influential advisors and diplomats.
rolled 1d20 and got a natural 13.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Random Word Prompts - Round 2!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus