Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art 2023

A fea dancer

bGzQVre.png
DumboOctopus wrote:
First time entering a contest here! I made an Onocentaur kid for a modern fantasy setting! Also, a reference to LARPing, they are LARPing as a unicorn wizard. And of course I had to add pet rocks. x_x
Note: Onocentaur is a donkey centaur. :)
Onocentaur-CONTEST.png

EDIT: forgot to mention. I'm not sure how important it is to mention references, but I've been looking at Merida the Brave screenshots as a reference and slight inpiration. No tracing or copying, just some inspiration

Okay but I have NEVER heard of a Onocentaur until now, but I would give every Onocentaur I saw, a hug.
Well, here we go! A fantasy creature lol. An axolotl that's reading a high fantasy adventure story! Probably something with wizards. ;)
Library_lotl.png
Animewithin wrote:
Well, here we go! A fantasy creature lol. An axolotl that's reading a high fantasy adventure story! Probably something with wizards. ;)
Library_lotl.png

Adorable!!!!!! I need like 50 of them.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I love this contest so much. ;.;
Gab

Made another one. This is for the creatures/fantasy genre again. A "jumble" of three creatures: cat, butterfly, and fox :3

WL0UuV9.png
Phew! Okay! I wasn't sure I was going to make it this year. Spoons were few and far between. Thankfully I had literally nothing else to do this morning and so I present to you my submission to the genre mascot contest! Y'all best watch yerselves, 'cause there's a new sheriff in town!

For the Western genre:

c6GRq4O.png

And of course I had to do two versions, because why make things easy on myself:

qh6ywrH.png
I meant to draw a big, savage dragon for the fantasy genre, but Dilly happened instead.
Despite appearances, he can actually fly - he just... doesn't want to show you right now...
2lOBcgE.png
Creature
Owl-Fox

gl-1478593-1685039104.png
I always wanted to see undead, especially vampires, would it be possible to add them?
If someone draws them and they win. There are a couple entries like that this year. We shall have to see if they make it!
Vozhad wrote:
I always wanted to see undead, especially vampires, would it be possible to add them?

Very first post by me is a vampire guy. xD
Elle wrote:
I meant to draw a big, savage dragon for the fantasy genre, but Dilly happened instead.
Despite appearances, he can actually fly - he just... doesn't want to show you right now...
2lOBcgE.png

Precious~!
[Crashes through the front door in a panic]
I decided to partake this year and got a headstart but then I got really busy so I've been crunching to get this bad boy finished just in time!

I offer this magician sphinx for Fantasy/Anthro!
EpicWeekCompetition.png
Whoo! Managed one more entry just under the wire! For the steam punk/creature category!

sUC6El6.png
Ilmarinen Moderator

The Drixel Swarm

Everyone is dying to get their hands on the newest trend in computer accessories: Drixels! Do they help you game better? Well, no, they actually like to walk across the keyboard right at the most important part of the match. Maybe they can act as screen reading software? Sometimes, but they'll get totally distracted by gifs. Uh, okay, can they send Nana an e-card? Listen, I really wouldn't trust these guys with sending anything to your Nana. <_<

Uh, um, they've gotta be good for something. C'mon, we ordered way too many of these things. Now available in a wide range of colors and personalities!

IMG_2058.png

IMG_2057.png

IMG_2056.png

IMG_2055.png

IMG_2054.png

IMG_2053.png

(For modern/cyberpunk/sci-fi!)

*vibrates with excitement to learn the results* So many good entries this year aaaaaaa!
Beautiful beautiful annnnnd beautiful!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!
genre-jumble-may-2023.png
Click here for full size

Congrats to our winning artists (alphabetically):
  • AncientCatKing
  • Claine
  • dizzzy
  • DndMama
  • DumboOctopus
  • Elle
  • Galaxy-Star
  • Ilmarinen
  • Kruhee
  • LeighOfLight
  • Lyss
  • MercyInReach
  • Min-ya
  • Oven
  • Queen_Knight

Congrats everyone! :D Whether your piece made it in or not, I hope you're really proud of yourselves. You did an amazing job making this difficult. :)
OMEDITO GOZAIMASU, MINNA-SAN! Everyone did an amazing job! Encore! 💖💖💖💖
78I.gif

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus