Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art 2023

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Queen_Knight wrote:
Kim, i feel like you will have hard time choosing again. :D

There has yet to be a year that didn't give me some brutal challenges on this front!
The Tomb Serpent
Horror/Creatures

Aggressive, cannibalistic, and highly territorial, Tomb Serpents are thought to be the cursed remains of intruders and thieves. They are commonly found in catacombs and burial chambers where they collect bone and tissue to enhance their bodies. Abandoned belongings, empty coffins, unnaturally-large snake trails and the sounds of falling sand are all good indicators that a Tomb Serpent is nearby.

SandSerpentStinkmouth.png

Bonus with a background (so you can see its stinky sand breath a bit easier):

TombSerpentFacts.png
fairyet.png

My first year entering! For fae/creatures.
Claine Moderator

Oh my god a creature of elegance and dignity I love them.
So, I don't know if it would be possible to enter such a thing as I don't know how credit would be split between them or if it would have to be one or the other - but would it be thinkable to have one person draw their design and then another person digitally draw over it? I know that goes against the rules of it being your own art, and tracing, technically, but if they were working as a unit and only one submitted it, I was thinking it might go okay. If that's too handwavey, I understand, though. XD
Claine Moderator

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
So, I don't know if it would be possible to enter such a thing as I don't know how credit would be split between them or if it would have to be one or the other - but would it be thinkable to have one person draw their design and then another person digitally draw over it? I know that goes against the rules of it being your own art, and tracing, technically, but if they were working as a unit and only one submitted it, I was thinking it might go okay. If that's too handwavey, I understand, though. XD

Look at the first post again! There's a section under a collapse about collaborations!
Oh. *Facepalm* thanks so much! I don't know what's up with my reading skillz today, I totally missed that.
qkjGPG8.png

For mutant / creature

Some...borzoi...armadillo...gem...thing

called Gemma
for the gothic romance or romance genre. A pair o fancy betrothed.

Untitled_Artwork.png
GingerHades wrote:
Woooo! It's time!
Made a sorcerer/mage naga for Fantasy/Creatures :D

OTOnWSL.png

UGH THIS IS SO WICKED COOL MAAAAAN
Galaxy-Star wrote:
Untitled232_20230425201003.png

For Sci-Fi

This is very, very pleasing to my eyes...I'm mesmerized.
...the shading and the way you blend the colors...and what a cute character too! 10/10 *chef's kiss*
AncientCatKing wrote:
fairyet.png

My first year entering! For fae/creatures.
Teehee, it's a faerret!
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
Galaxy-Star wrote:
Untitled232_20230425201003.png

For Sci-Fi

This is very, very pleasing to my eyes...I'm mesmerized.
...the shading and the way you blend the colors...and what a cute character too! 10/10 *chef's kiss*
Thank you so much 😊
For Nature Goddess
NATURE-goddess.png
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

asherb92 wrote:
For Nature Goddess
NATURE-goddess.png

Just a heads up, the missing bottom portion of this character is going to dramatically decrease the likelihood of this one making it in. I strongly recommend editing to add the rest of the character. :)
Aoili the Advanced Battle Drone (who only wants to DANCE)

large file size here
c2a9a183931f7820f5514683b20812f4223ee2ad.png
Orrik_Zynn_x2 wrote:
GingerHades wrote:
Woooo! It's time!
Made a sorcerer/mage naga for Fantasy/Creatures :D

OTOnWSL.png

UGH THIS IS SO WICKED COOL MAAAAAN

D'awwww! Why thank you! ^_^
Leighoflight wrote:
For fantasy

jMt9YC8.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT TWELVE
For Speculative Fiction, speculating on why the chicken crossed the road, and which came first the chicken or the egg... mainly XD

karithina-rpgr-speculative-fiction-2023.png
oven wrote:
Aoili the Advanced Battle Drone (who only wants to DANCE)

large file size here
c2a9a183931f7820f5514683b20812f4223ee2ad.png

MMMM this is absolutely amazing, I'm mesmerized right now

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Genre Mascot Art 2023

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus