Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Revival of those born from filth (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Greetings, most treasured reader. Yes, you, right now!

You are probably most likely thinking, "Man, he has a stupid name." And your follow-up thought is probably "what is this all about?" Well, allow me to elaborate.

Those born from filth is a roleplay I have started a while back using the Find RP option. Sadly, once the group was gathered, the RP never really did kick off. It's a shame, but these things happen. Now my thread is out there gathering dust and it makes me oh so sad. Therefore I'm giving it a second shot to dust it off and get this RP going.

The setting is as follows: a group of four adventurers find themselves in a gigantic succesful commercial city known as Aldegar, mainly inhabited by humans. The royal family who reign over Aldegar city seem to have a great distrust of anything that isn't human. And there's a race who won't have none o' that!

The Ratkin have been gathering in the massive sewer system down below in massive numbers, ready to plan a massacre! These four adventurers will caught in the middle of it all, which leaves them with a choice.

Do these four become heroes to stop the massacre, or do they escape the city to save their own hide? Or do they find this massacre to be deserved and help the cause of the Ratkin? It's all very much possible!

The setting is medieval fantasy, highly inspired by D&D and will most likely combat heavy. There will be an occasional roll, but it's mainly for some delicious flavour. What I need is three people who'll fit the setting. I'm not planning on making this RP last for years. It's just this one occurance and then everyone's on their own merry way.

Oh, right, it's also important to note that I won't let your character die. Maybe extremely wounded if you charge into a horde of rats on your own wearing nothing but a speedo, but that's your fault, Doug. You're probably not called Doug, but if you are, I enjoyed messing with your mind.

So, are you interested in joining the ressurection ritual? Leave a reply here with the character you'd like to enter the madness. I'm looking for three people in total. Any more and the city might get cramped. Here's the link so you can find a bit more information about the general area you'd be playing in.

Thanks for reading 'n stuff bai <3
Sanne Moderator

Would a human fit into your group? Is magic allowed? I have a new character whose profile I'm working on. She's a human witch, so I don't know for sure what kind of status she could have in this setting, but I'd love to throw her in. :)
Pirate Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Would a human fit into your group? Is magic allowed? I have a new character whose profile I'm working on. She's a human witch, so I don't know for sure what kind of status she could have in this setting, but I'd love to throw her in. :)

Of course! I'll be happy to have her along! The only real difference a human would make is that your character is allowed throughout the entire city instead of being confined to the Commonor's Row. Witches are generally frowned upon, but she has nothing to fear of the guards as long as she doesn't start to openly use magic and turn a bunch of people into toads or something.

Wewt! two spots left!
Pearl (played by Sanne)

Awesome! Her being a witch is not something she throws around openly. Still filling in her profile but she should be playable already. :)
Ooooooohhhh I'm so interested!
I'd be so in but i don't know if my characters suit the bill, Dylan could you have a look and pick bro?
I would love to place Crow within this story, as it has questionable outcomes of right or wrong. However, I also have a knight that could also bring a different flavor to the scenario.

http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=11076 For Crow, everyone's favorite.

http://www.rprepository.com/c/kva For Knight Valemia, nobody's anything.
czar_casm

*waives* Totally interested.
Pirate Topic Starter

Oh how can I refuse any of your mushy faces? THREAD CLOSED

Well, now we're kind of over capacity. But hey, in the madness it's easy to lose track of allies. I'm sure it won't be such an issue.

@Sanne: Your character will be a perfect fit, I'm sure of it.

@MadRatBird: YES! So much yes! Enter! Join in! Post the character you want to throw into the madness!

@Sufyan: Oh anything medieval will do, bud. You know your characters better than I do. Surely you've got yourself a swordsman or a wizard or something like that?

@Miss: I have a hard time picking between two characters. Always. But hey, I know Crow. Let's go for Crow. I love Crow. Let me love Crow! LET ME LOVE HER!

@Czar_casm: You widgetted yourself in at the last moment! Feel free to join the madness. Pick a fitting character and we'll get the show on the road
Aranel Galeantara (played anonymously)

I don't really have a lot of adventuring characters, but Aranel is definitely one of them. I'd love to play her again. She's definitely one of my favorites! And she already knows Crow, so it'd be nice to have someone that already knows her in the group.

...Eeeeven if they're not bffs for life or anything lmfao.
As soon as I read the post prior, I could not resist giggling...and to not be the only witch! Crow would have to be my selected character, of which I am very excited to write for a such a neutral evil character.

Best prepare your best pick-up lines, because my sweet Crow is looking for love!
Would a dragon that can take human form work?
How about a pyromancer? Delilah is originally meant to be a Phoenix but I can play her as a human pyro?
Pirate Topic Starter

@Aranel: Oh, this is going to be super interesting. From what I gather our team is going to get very different ideas on how to deal with the issue. I like it!

@Miss: Hey bby are u a crow cuz ur impeccabl- I am so bad at this

@Sufyan: Sure, if you play her as a human pyromancer that's perfectly fine!

@Katia: I really don't like refusing people. It makes me feel bad, but we're pretty much over capacity as it is. I'm terribly sorry for saying this but I really can't accept any more folks in this. I do have, however, another idea planned in the near future. If you like I'll ensure your possition in that one.
Aranel Galeantara (played anonymously)

This is going to be a total taco fest lol.
Pearl (played by Sanne)

When do we get to get started with this? :) I'm excited!!
Pirate Topic Starter

Well, I see no sense in waiting. I might as well give the post order! I'll make it easy and allow everyone to post in order they replied here, meaning

Pearl's on first

Aranel's on second

Delilah's on third

Crow's on fourth

And depending on whether Czar applies a character, she'll be on fifth
(insert baseball confusion joke here)

Here's the link for you tacos to click. And thanks for helping me with the revival! I'm glad to see so many people were so interested
Pearl (played by Sanne)

I'll be home in a few hours and then I'll get to replying asap! :)
Pearl (played by Sanne)

I posted, it's Aranel's turn? :D
Pirate Topic Starter

It is, but she would not be avaible for the weekend. She'll post a bit later.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Revival of those born from filth (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus