Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Missing psi - Partners lost to time

Ever looked back on your old rps and found the one you loved more than just about any other? Rereading the words you and your partner wrote. Feeling the emotions of the characters all over again. And then you look at the name and see the strike through it and feel the despair wash over you even more strongly now than when it first appeared?

Yea, that's been me recently. I had a partner, psi (if anyone knows who they are outside rpr or if they've started a new account please message me with their permission!), and they are long gone. Years now. I still go back and read our unfinished story and miss them terribly though. They were fantastic, in and out of character and I will always feel their loss.

What about you? People who passed away or left the site or just found other interests outside of writing? People whose lives got too busy. People who you miss and wish you could reconnect with or just tell them that they made an eternal impression on you and your writing. Let's commiserate together but also remember them and be thankful that they came into our lives at all. Tis the season after all.
Oh, absolutely. I still miss and love the story we were creating together. But, we had a falling out and eventually they left the site. One of my characters wouldn't be as developed as they are without this person. It's been probably three years now.

Another left to work on their novel and I miss them terribly. I haven't heard from them since.

It's heartbreaking but it happens.

Regardless. I'm thankful for the time I had.
I have a few in my 'Gone Dark' DM folder. A couple I had a good story going with, but for whatever reason they quit replying. Don't have any that have deleted, just gone silent... like they decided one day not to log in and haven't since. I keep the stories as mine for my characters, and they were just a part of their story.

I did have one story in my Gone Dark folder come back to life after 11 months with a very long and detailed post. It was a good feeling to see an unread message in that folder. I didn't reply right away but did a week later. It's been several months again since then.

Life happens and reasons for going dark are many. Should ever come a time I must leave my roleplaying passion here, I will go dormant and won't delete my account and characters along with it. That way any stories my characters have been in will remain for those who interacted with them.
definetly have felt this i was on a old role play site and me and my partner had a 200 plus page of this fantisy zombie apocileps and we were so far into it were we made a mental demon world that my character was transported in to help my partners character but then one day the owner of the site started just deleting peoples accounts and renaming there accounts when we were blocked from doing anything i lost a good amount of partners on there
I lost contact on one of my favorite writing partners. We met on this website called CloudNovel, a visual novel making website. It had a forum for roleplay however. Oh boy, I did enjoy talking to him and roleplaying as ninjas.
oh your talking about ninja right astro! man i miss role playing with him lol XD
Dndmama wrote:
Ever looked back on your old rps and found the one you loved more than just about any other? Rereading the words you and your partner wrote. Feeling the emotions of the characters all over again. And then you look at the name and see the strike through it and feel the despair wash over you even more strongly now than when it first appeared?

Yea, that's been me recently. I had a partner, psi (if anyone knows who they are outside rpr or if they've started a new account please message me with their permission!), and they are long gone. Years now. I still go back and read our unfinished story and miss them terribly though. They were fantastic, in and out of character and I will always feel their loss.

What about you? People who passed away or left the site or just found other interests outside of writing? People whose lives got too busy. People who you miss and wish you could reconnect with or just tell them that they made an eternal impression on you and your writing. Let's commiserate together but also remember them and be thankful that they came into our lives at all. Tis the season after all.

Not really what this thread was, but I lost access to my RPR account for a few months, and a really good RP I was doing with another member (I'm not gonna name names) stopped. I tried DMing them to get it going again, since I saw them online recently, but they didn't respond. I loved the RP, and the writing on both sides was just so damn good and I literally cried when I couldn't get it back going. I've been looking for that same magic ever since... :(
I have a few. RogueScribe, who I somehow forgot to friend, LakotaSiouxWarrior, and a couple of others. I think some of them have probably just changed names, but I may not find out. I don't know. :))
I have one i remember, before i knew about rpr.. I loved the story(but barely remember it now) and one day they just ghosted me, i kept seeing them online.. and later on a new account but they wouldn't respond to me /: that definitely hurt
Also had a bit of a drama once on here.. i was talking super well with someone ooc and had an rp(i literally cannot remember anything about it) and one day they just.. blocked me, and their friend was being super weird towards me

And then lovely booksarebae who while i was gone has left the site. And another friend who i became pretty close to outside of rpr, but i lost their discord and all somehow.. and i don't think they're active at all here anymore ._.

Unfortunately during my time away i once went on here and deleted all my dms. I cannot remember why i did that, but i definitely regret doing it.. prolly some weird decision because i was going through some stuff..
I had a partner, Mothunny, and they were an amazing partner to RP with, we were friends outside of our Rp, but when they ended it with me, our friendship fell through. I still look back and think about all the stories we've told through our characters, I think to myself that I'll never have an experience like that again.

I recently messaged them, but I don't expect an answer.
I also have a few, yes! I have RPs marked as Active, Abandoned, and Abandoned ❤️, where I save those that I still miss after years but will never get back.

I never regret doing any of RPs though, I know I had fun back then and they still make me smile.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Missing psi - Partners lost to time

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus