Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings fellow writers! (Who remembers Neopets?)

Happy Holidays and Greetings!

It's been a long time since I signed up to a new RP site so this feels kind of intimidating! I'm SarahInsomnia (or just Sarah) and consider myself something of a veteran role-player who dipped my feet into collaborative writing at the tender age of twelve, back in the golden and early days of Neopets (yes, I am that old!)

About me: I'm a proud guinea-pig mom, avid writer, and casual tarot card reader! When I'm not writing, I teach English as a foreign language to adults, and I love my job! I'm terrified of spiders, but otherwise love most other life forms, and I am horribly prone to typos because I type too fast. I'm also neurodivergent, so shout out to me fellow NDs! I suppose I'm also a casual anime/manga lover, although I don't seek it out as much as I used to. Some of my favourites are from the Fate series, The Promised Neverland, and some oldies such as Inu-Yasha, Gundam Wing, Gravitation, and Sailor Moon! My favourite manga series are The Promised Neverland, Tarot Cafe, and The Cain Saga/Godchild.

In terms of writing, my main jam is and always has been fantasy (both past and modern). I LOVE fairies and don't mind violence or other adult themes, explicit or otherwise. I also don't mind sci-fi/science-fantasy, dystopian, or apocalyptic themes. I prefer 1-on-1 roleplays as group roleplays can be a little overwhelming to me. The idea of having a catalogue of characters is a little bit new to me, as historically I've developed characters that are specific to the RP I'm writing with someone (as in, I write them FOR the story), but I do have a few up my sleeve from past RPs that have since dissolved and that deserve some love! I play both male and female characters. My writing style is free form/paragraphs, and depending on what's happening in the story, my posts can be HEFTY (think 4 pages on MS Word), or just a few paragraphs. Currently my only active RP is with a longtime writing friend on another forum that has sadly gone pretty silent, but we've been keeping it going for almost 10 years. So if you're looking for a dedicated RP partner, look no further!

As a real adult with a real job in real life with real responsibilities, I'm sadly not someone who can post every single day or multiple times a day, but know that I am in it for the long haul. I LOVE writing collaboratively with others and I do miss the days before adulting when I could do it more! I also love openly communicating with my RP partners to ensure the RP goes smoothly and that I'm not introducing plot twists/making assumptions about other characters that my partner would be unhappy with.

I'm still navigating this site (which was recommended to me by an old friend and RP partner with good taste, so this MUST be a good place), but I'll probably start a search soon. Hope everyone is having a gentle holiday so far. I'm excited to (try) and be part of a writing community again!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm excited to start writing!

<3 SarahInsomnia
<3 Welcome to RPR! <3
I hope you'll enjoy it here and have a lot of fun!
I wouldn't even know where to begin here, i found myself either relating to or agreeing with basically everything you wrote! And you sound like you would fit in here on the site perfectly!
Don't hesistate to ask for help eirher, people here are super nice!
Ahhh! Neopets! Man, those neoboards could be rough, but I kind of miss them sometimes. I remember the territory wars between the wolf roleplayers and the DRoP roleplayers, lol. I got a little dragon named Iorath out of one of the hatchings, and I still have him, albeit as a much more grown up character in another fandom. It's neat to see another neo-veteran.

You sound like a cool person, and I hope you have an excellent time here! Welcome!
Hello, SarahInsomnia! Welcome to RPR! It's so nice to get to know you!

I love fairies, too! I have two fairy OCs myself in my character roster. They're a lot of fun to play!

I hope you enjoy your time here! Feel free to ask around if you have any questions!
Claine Moderator

Hi there!! Welcome to the site! I actually began my RPing adventures on Neopets too! I still have really good memories of that time!

You might be interested to know our admin Kim is also a guinea pig mom. (You can see one of hers in her icon!)

I hope you enjoy the site and feel free to reach out if you need help finding your way around!!
Hiya! Nice to meet ya and welcome to RPR! :D
Welcome to RPR! I also love fantasy RP if you ever want to RP with me feel free to PM me.
Serafina Topic Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Glad I'm not the only dinosaur from the days of the Neopets forums. Also pleased to see I'm not the only guinea pig mom!

I've been feeling pretty inspired so while I don't know what I'm looking for specifically at the moment, I'll probably post a search sooner than later!
tumblr_po10iwA6S91ucpx1qo1_540.gif

992116782dbdeb46a3eed47fa46ac1c8.gif

♥ HELLO & WELCOME TO RPR! ♥
こんにちは、RPR へようこそ! ("Kon'nichiwa, RPR e yōkoso!")
♥ Nice to meet you! ♥
はじめまして。("Hajimemashite.")
Please do enjoy your stay and if you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. Everyone here is awesome and super friendly! Have fun playing and see you around!

tumblr_po10iwA6S91ucpx1qo1_540.gif
Welcome to RPR! I actually met my ex wife giving her a neopet lol
NwJXT0D.gif

Well, well, hello SarahInsomina, and welcome to RP Repository! :D I have to say that I'm probably about as old if not older than you. I never actually participated in the Neopets days, but I've been around pretty much since the dawn of Furcadia -- if you even know what that might be -- and I was a huge settler in the old Yahoo! chat days. I think my biggest RP was Final Fantasy VIII -- good grief! All the nostalgia hittin' me at once!

Kudos on your teaching position! I'd nearly gone into that myself, but I wholly understand my lack of patience for such a station in life and decided it was in my best interest to pursue other endeavors. Hah hah... I am a cat dad who loves his two girls -- a pair of calico terrors. So when it comes to furbabies, I can always get behind conversations about spoiling and loving them unconditionally. I too am horrified of spiders but I still carefully relocate them when I find them in my home. Granted there might be a smidge bit of weeping to go along with that... I too used to be quite the weeb in my day, but I've since become a casual observer. My absolute favorite anime of all time is Natsume Yuujinchou which tells the story of a young boy who inherited his grandmother's book of names and slowly, he's attempting to return them to their proper owners. It's a wonderful slice-of-life/fantasy mix. Beautiful art and lovely music.

Writing is so diverse here and you'll find all sorts and though the forums and community itself is a little slow-going, there is always opportunities for role-play when you seek it out. One of my favorite places to haunt is the forum games. We have a local prompt master who posts amazing character development challenges and it's where I've met several of my fellow writers. I'm a licensed canon role-player myself and while that's not everyone's cup of tea, I love, love it!

Anyhoo, I've babbled on enough! Welcome, welcome, welcome and I really hope you find it to be suitable for you here. You seem like you'll fit in smashingly! If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to reach out to me or any one of us! We're all here and happy to help. Take care and have a good 'un!
Serafina Topic Starter

Hey Atheist! Glad I'm not the only oldie here!

I WISH I could relocate spiders, but they render me such that I freeze and panic and unless someone is around to save me, I am wholly unable to spare them. And it hurts me. But phobias, man... they are a thing.

I have in fact seen most of Natsume Yuujinchou and I too adore it! I don't think I've seen the recent season/seasons but it was a fave of mine about 10+ years ago (I am SO old...).

Amazing that you do canon RPs! I simply cannot do them because other peoples' worlds/characters don't feel like my toys to play with and I get REAL awkward. But I don't mind occasionally doing roleplays inspired by other worlds/characters!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Welcome to RPR, Sarah!
Hello, welcome to RPR

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings fellow writers! (Who remembers Neopets?)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus