Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Epic Week 2024 Chat

Dragonfire Moderator

Heeheehee, flamethrower, away!
TGS is another take on Jekyll & Hyde, with other literary references as well. Girl Genius was created by the folks who led the charge in getting comics recognized for Hugo Awards, then had to withdraw eligibility after winning it like 2 or 3 times in a row because that's not what they wanted. Bridgerton is a period drama show about the complications of marriage and stuff.
But timeless is too vague ^^;
And explaining all that is too long! :')

Oooooh TGS sounds interesting.

Girl Genius: please, we've won enough, stop-

Ohhh i figured it was a tv show
Dragonfire Moderator

What, no quaint farming tales from the colonies? :P
The Glass Scientists and Girl Genius are both webcomics, though GG also has a novel series.
The more you get into GG, the more obvious it becomes that it is absolutely an alternate Earth that's quite different form ours. And there's plenty of Europe, but Britain is kinda... underwater.
It sank. And they... still live there. And their queen borders on being an actual, legit goddess just from her sheer understanding of science, I guess?
That's so creative?!
Dragonfire Moderator

I'm not sure it's sheer understanding alone, although that's definitely a factor
I sometimes like adding supernatural (genre, not the tv show) elements to my victorian RPs, but like, it's usually just demons and stuff, or sometimes ghosts
Dragonfire Moderator

There was that whole thing with Lucrezia and her... underling??
Well yeah, something definitely changed about her body, too, be she makes it very clear everything she does is grounded in science that's just beyond what can be explained to anyone else.
I haven't check it in awhile. ^^;
Dragonfire Moderator

Sufficiently advanced science, etc etc.
Indeed.
The Jager monsters are so weirdly adorable. XD Especially the one who's like "yeah, don't tell the others I know how to stand up straight."
Dragonfire Moderator

nize hat
"I've got a reputation to maintain, can't have them thinking I'm fancy."
Verra nize.
Pfft, and the lessons on how a Jager gets their clothes. XD

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Epic Week 2024 Chat

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus