Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Epic Week 2024 Chat

Dragonfire Moderator

The one that came out last is already cool, but the earlier ones aren't. *grumbles about surface area and density affecting heat dissipation*
Whoops! ^^;
Mm... Speed my walruses along so I can set them on a new route for the night...
Dragonfire Moderator

My thoughts exactly
Dragonfire Moderator

The Corps is running out of steam, but I want 'em to pick up another couple bird eggshells before sending them back to base.
Dragonfire Moderator

Four hexes. C'mon, guys, you can do it.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Dragonfire wrote:
Not to mention things about however-many impressions an image used for commercial-esque purposes can have. Using work that is not entirely your own can get very complicated, very quickly. Definitely DM Kim about it; she'll let you know the reasoning behind it.

This is basically it. Even if the person provided me with the licenses, I would have to comb through every single one, trust that they hadn't missed because they forgot that they took a nose off of one particular image or whatever, and make sure that they all allowed for unlimited commercial uses, I also didn't have clauses about being able to change their terms in the future. It's a nightmare.

Also, remember that it's all put into a final jumble. It's hard enough balancing different drawing styles together. When you start having photo manipulations standing among them, it just looks really bad.
I sort of maybe kind of got overzealous and sent my company to where they really shouldn't have gone, so, uh--now they're "lost" and are who knows where, trying to find their way back. Whoopsie-doodle. :)

It's not that it's not creative, or not a skill, it's that it comes with way too many strings attached and potential complications. And in all cases I would be the one legally on the hook for not ensuring all of the licenses were exactly correct.

And since the majority of the art is going to be drawn, it also looks super out of place.
@Kim Well, fair enough. I can see how it'd be a hassle regarding the licenses, but I do have to say that if a photo manip stands out badly amongst drawn things, then it's a badly-done manip. They can be made to mimic any style if one puts in the time and effort. :)
Actually, could a simplified explanation of that be put in with the rules? As it is, without that explanation, it can feel kind of like saying paintbrushes and easels are fine while chisels and stone aren't. I know that isn't the case at all--I do know that. I just think adding this explanation to the rules can help keep it from seeming like it.
I think whoever is in charge of the 20th Walrus Company might have forgotten about them, they're still in the same place I've seen them all day. ^^;
Well, if you see 47th Company, that's my lot. :) Assuming they find their way back. If they really were mine, they'd just shrug and burrow in the snow to wait it out. :D
Yeah, I lost my company for a few hours this morning, got too close to the fog and had a run of bad luck trying to get them home. ^^;
I'm currently waiting to finally complete a trip for the first time since I started today!
They'll make it back to base, soon. They might have to be bribed to go back out, but hey. :D

I don't think going down the road of adding special justification for rules is the direction I want to go. People already tell me they're too long and their eyes glaze over. 😤
Dragonfire Moderator

Two hexes! *gets out into the tundra and starts shoving walruses along*
Which will finish first, the walruses or the cake? XD

Mine have just been peacefully on loop all day. It's kinda nice.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Epic Week 2024 Chat

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus