Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Art Exchange 2011

Kim Site Admin

This was so much fun last year that I thought we'd do it again this year!

In a holiday art trade, artists post information about a character (or characters, if they want to give the other person a choice of things to draw) they would like to receive gift art of. At a specified cut off date, submissions stop and each artist is randomly assigned someone else in the exchange. Then each artist draws the thing they got, and on a certain day, everyone exchanges what they drew. So you do art for someone else, and someone else gives you art. It's like secret Santa, but with art!

ENTRIES DUE BY NOVEMBER 15th
ART IS DUE ON JANUARY 15th

PLEASE BE CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNED PIECE IN THE TIME ALLOWED. If you're not sure, just play it safe and don't enter. There's always next year.

There will be a one week grace period, for anyone who is finishing up holiday travel around that time. If you don't turn in your art by the end of that one week grace period, you might not be able to participate next year. It's only fair that everyone who does art should get art in return.

Remember, the art you will be given is a GIFT. Someone did their very best to capture your character to brighten up your new year. Please don't get angry if they made mistakes; they did their very best to the best of their ability and understanding to make you something nice, just like you are going to do for whoever you are assigned. :)

Backgrounds are not required, but you can suggest some possible ones in case your artist feels like adding one.

To enter, fill out the following form for each character you'd like to offer as a possibility for the artist assigned to you. Remember, no matter how many characters you submit, the person assigned you is only required to draw a single character.

ENTRY FORM
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Gender:[/b] [b]Personality:[/b] [b]Brief physical description of the character:[/b] [b]Suggested environments:[/b] [b]Anything else we need to know:[/b] [b]If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)[/b]
I want to do this again :D But I can't fill all that out until I get on a computer :X
Darth_Angelus Moderator

This makes me wish I was an artist :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

You have a few weeks to enter, f0x, and it doesn't matter what order entries happen in, so take your time. :)
If I can get my computer fixed my then, I will totally join in!
I kind of want to join, but I pity the person who would get me as their artist. :x

I'll stick to my dA Secret Santas where I can write. XD *giggle*
Yeah! :D I'll enter! I love Secret Santa things.
Character Name: Am'God
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://i51.tinypic.com/2hp0t3n.png http://i53.tinypic.com/10egcva.jpg
Species: Ferian
Personality: Lazy, friendly, hedonistic, a little spoiled.
Brief physical description of the character: I don't mind if he's drawn either anthro or feral. Either way he is a large canine, built outwards from his skeleton with muscle, a comfortable layer of fat, and fur. He has a mane of white hair that comes from the back of his head and neck. His main body color is grey, his face is black, and his markings vary between white, light blue, and dark blue.
Suggested environments: Deserts, palaces, ruins, nature.
Anything else we need to know: Comapred to other objects in his environment, should you choose to draw one, he is large. Feral, he is 5ft at his shoulder, and as anthro he is 7ft at his head.
Any place in particular we post the entry form at? I wouldn't mind seeing what someone could do on one of mine as well as see how I could handle someone elses.
This is really cool, I love how you guys all exchange art with each other, that's so nice :)

Will you be posting the pictures here as well so we can all see what cool stuff you guys came up with?
Skyclad (played by Yuka)

Character Name: Skyclad
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/skyclad
Species: winged humanoid anthro
Personality: Whimsial, inhuman, mysterious. Sweet-hearted under a defensive outer shell.
Brief physical description of the character: Inhuman foremost; cold as the crystal ball those silver eyes looked into, shielding a gentler inner warmth nurtured over time and shown to few. A skilled plyer of the mob, a seller of trades to the gullible and needy yet with a true seer's talent running within her veins. Living life to the pace of a slow heartbeat, a languid and fluid grace marked the woman's movements while fine chains pierced thrice through the ashen appendages without hindering flight. Soft, full lips cooed calming words and yet, the gutterspeak slang marked an origin on the street's by luck and survival's need. Thick, ornate ringlets were of shoulder's length. Clad in naught, the enigmatic woman had a physique of fitting curves; pear-shaped, soft and with healthy definition -- flight possible. A belt bore neccesities, while jewellry found a home on her body. Stolen or earnt? Astrology signs marked her, signs of a <i>purpose</i> inherited.
Suggested environments: Apothecary's room. Gypsy's tent. Outdoors.
Anything else we need to know:
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) n/a

Lance2011 wrote:
Any place in particular we post the entry form at? I wouldn't mind seeing what someone could do on one of mine as well as see how I could handle someone elses.

Right here, Lance. :)
Character Name: Kyle Lockhart
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/kyle-lockhart
Species: Kazekage
Personality: Relaxed and carefree. A bit of an adrenaline and fight junkie.
Brief physical description of the character: Everything for this can be found on his page. Demonic Form: Skin tone becomes more of a ash grey color, eyes become red, hair length increases to just beyond shoulder length. Gains a tail. Bony protrusions from Elbows, and knees. From shoulder blades to tip of tail are a single line of spikes.
Suggested environments: Arenas, Combat zones, high altitude areas.
Anything else we need to know: Though his race is Noted as Kazekage he looks exactly like a human. In a nutshell, Kazekage are humans who are, by birth, extremely skilled in wind control and manipulation. I will edit this post later with physical details for his demon form which looks far from human.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Selected artist can choose between his normal or demonic form or both if they wish.
Minerva

i might try this but my life may get crazy around then. would it be possible to be assigned an entry early and submit to you for later?

The holidays are indeed a crazy time, and it takes crazy people to add more to their schedule around then. ;) I've allowed two whole months for art to get done after the submission cut off date, but if you really don't think you'll have time in those two months, probably better to wait for another round. Remind me, and I'll run another of these in the summer. :)

It complicates life a lot when people get paired off at different times. On the other hand, if anyone gets their art done early (after receiving their assignment) and won't be in town on January 15th, but still wants it to be a surprise for that morning, they can send it to me at any time and I'll message their person for them on the due date.
[Minerva's really sick right now, and doesn't want to get her grandpa sick by using the computer at his place, and her phone is being a pain. She texted me her reply so I am leaving it here for her :) ]

"It has nothing to do with holidays, Hubby tries a new job soon and if it works out, we move a few weeks later, right around then. But I have free access to Grandpas place until then. Hence wondering if I could get my assignment from earlier entries here, make sure I have time. After that I dunno my net situation for a bit."
I like this idea perhaps I'll giver' a shot. >.> wait *facepalms* no scanner

Edit: >.> however I have a decent enough camera so i think I will enter this XD
Ilmarinen Moderator

Yes, yes! This was so much fun last year!!

Character Name: Heimdall
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/heimdall
Species: Nordic mountain dragon (a species of quadrupedal dragon)
Personality: Gruff, rough, tough, but rather friendly--can get grumpy, sleepy, or snarly. Smiles way too wide and fiercely.
Brief physical description of the character: A big black dragon. VERY thickly build--huge neck and shoulders, fairly short (but still thick) legs and wings, long heavy tail. Huge horns and big ragged-edged scales and bony plates, and tons of spinies. Big tusks and snaggly teeth. It wears a simplistic iron Mjolnir pendant. If you want to include runic carvings on its scales, great! If not, I totally dig it! It also has some gemstones in cracks in its scales--they don't have a set pattern. It has a fair number of scars and it's rather raggedy around the edges. If you do color, it has dark, lusterless, and cold black scales--not warm or neutral black. Its eyes and pendant are grey, and its teeth are gold. (As in, they look like they're made of gold.)
Suggested environments: Rocks, cliffs, mountains, snow! If you're feeling chancy, you could draw Heimdall in its smithy.
Anything else we need to know: I think that's it!

Character Name: Ferrow
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/ferrow
Species: feral flower-fox OR anthro canine with butterfly wings OR canine-flower-satyr-thing
Personality: Very mellow and even-tempered; kindly, almost always smiling; peaceful, laid back
Brief physical description of the character: He has three forms, each with a page devoted to it. His main form is a petite black-brown canine, very dainty, with wee little butterfly wings and shoulder-length curly/wavy dark orange hair. He wears earth tones and loose, medieval clothes. He also has a feral fox form: just a fox with little wings and a big flower on its back. The last form is kind of like a canine/satyr hybrid, where his upper half is canine and the lower half is goat/satyr-like, with cloven hooves. Large wings in this form, and vinca flowers and vines all over his back. Better descs on his page. In all forms he wears a special wooden oak leaf pendant.
Suggested environments: Anything natural and/or flowery.
Anything else we need to know: Nope!

Character Name: Skallagrim
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/manbeartroll
Species: polar bear OR human/tundra troll hybrid
Personality: Jovial, usually grinning and laughing or cracking some blue joke or another; kind and warm to some; plays rough and loves brawling
Brief physical description of the character: A medium-height but VERY broad humanoid with grey skin, a huge nose, and tusks. He has salt and pepper hair and beard and trollish ears with tufted tips. His clothing is very "barbarian" flavored: furs, leathers, ragged edges, etc. He has tattoos on his arms and some ritual scarring. He always wears the skin of a white bear on him, which allows him to assume the form of said bear!
Suggested environments: Bars, tundras, snow, forests, caves... I'm not really picky.
Anything else we need to know: Na-da!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No, they're in separate worlds.
Character Name: Bliss Joy
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/bliss-joy
Species:Toreador Vampire
Personality: friendly to mostly everyone, but can be a little insensitive and blunt at times. Loyal, Wise ass, and a bit of an odd ball
Brief physical description of the character: pale skinned, long (about mid-back length) bubblegum pink hair, Crystal blue eyes, 5'8", 135lbs, full sleeve tattooed on her left arm. Usually wears Punk/gothy or just standard fashions.
Suggested environments: citysape, bar/club
Anything else we need to know: not really no. . .
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) It's up to them :)

Character Name: Sybil "Billy" Cooper
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/sybilcopper
Species:Human
Personality: Tends to roll with the punches. A happy-go-lucky kinda gal. Can be a bit of a wise ass, and a bitch upon first meetings, this is mostly a front. unless you've done something to piss her off, it tends to take a while for anyone to gain her full trust few people have it,. Used to over indulge on booze,is trying to master her drinking problem, Intelligent but rarely lets it show.
Brief physical description of the character: 5'4", 132lbs, Lightly tanned when she's wears her glasses her eyes are hazel, when she is wearing contacts they're purple. Her hair is light brown with some blonde highlights, and its loosely dreaded. Tattoos on back (typically covered by clothing) and love tattooed on the knuckles on her right hand and life tattooed on the knuckles on her left. (clothing see rpr page)
Suggested environments: tattoo parlor, training areas.
Anything else we need to know: not really no. . .
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) It's up to them :)

couldn't decide who I wanted to pick, so the artist can choose ^-^'
Awesome! :).

Character Name: Experience
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here!
Species: Drakat (Dragon-come-feline (Lynx))
Personality: Friendly, shy, kind, artistic.
Brief physical description of the character: "Fluffy" would be the way to describe this anthropomorphic dragoncat. Her excessive amounts of fur cover her body like a thick blanket, but still remaining to show her most prominent features. Her red, choppy hair falls over her long, lynx ears, folding under distinctive, curved, lilac horns erecting from her crown. From her frame stood a pair of majestic, feathered wings, spreading over a span of just four meters; average for the drakat. The same blue as her ears and wings flooded to her lower arms and hands, and also to below her knee, where scaled features took over the fur. Her draconic heritance clasped to her feet, presenting her with powerful paws and mighty talons. Lethalities aside, this young drakat is always handing out smiles, help and a general paw to everyone whom she contacts.
Suggested environments: Experience likes the rain in her current form of Roleplay. She stands on a balcony and gazes across a spacious garden behind her large family home. She's also found in formal environments, but only at the side of her husband. (He is not my character, but if you'd like to draw him with Experience, please let me know :).)
Anything else we need to know: Experience isn't limited to just her referenced wear; she wears anything formal that's generated around the late 18th century.

Character Name: Aditi
Species: Tauren
Personality: Gentle, Calm, Respectful.
Brief physical description of the character: Broad Beauty of such a bovine nature - with a more "Human" fold. Hands and feet of this tiny race, but everything else screams "Tauren". At birth, it is told that this one had been blessed by the EarthMother herself, and few who are of Tauren birth disbelieve this. Her smile brightens the days and her tears makes the rain fall, claimed her mother. Now, this travelling druid offers her hand to others, long indigo hair falling down her shoulders. Covering her modesty were clothes of fine fabric, worn with wear. Flowering from her spine shakes a long, furry tail - much like a feline. Held together in golden cuffs, the Tauren travels on, marching firmly in her working boots.
Suggested environments: Aditi is nearly always found in an outside, spacious and very environment-friendly area.
Anything else we need to know: Aditi is cross between a feline and a Tauren; she has a long, cat-like tail and anthro feline "hands" with claws.

Character Name: Xita
Species: Sheep
Personality: Quiet, Shy, Kind.
Brief physical description of the character: The air of cuteness adorns this anthro Sheep, her pink eyes gazing over the farmland she mans. Bubblegum hair held back with a light-blue ribbon and bow, she sets to start on the chamomile plantation. White fur clung to her body, breaking into a darker shade - more of cream - at the palms of her gentle hands. She wore linen clothing molded into a tube top - dim yellow with a soft pink-gray trim, compelete with patches of spring green - and a simple skirt; blue with the spring green layer at the bottom. Around her neck hung a string, complete with a star-shaped amulet, painted yellow. Overall, she was a bonny lass, content with placing her gentle hands to work.
Suggested environments: Xita is a farm-working sheep, and a bit of a gardener. She's always doing something, and never standing still.
Anything else we need to know: Not that I know of!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your
characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Yes :).
Sounds fun

Character Name:Fiddle Sticks
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=7507
Species:Animated scarecrow
Personality: Normally he is the kinda guy who stands gaurd... maybe corn lol but seriously he is the life of any party
Brief physical description of the character: Composed of sticks and burlap sacks carries a scythe Suggested environments: Maybe a corn field Hell anything would be fine
Anything else we need to know: Simple to draw but sometimes can be over done with detail
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Lol if possible add crows.... he uses them to scare you :P

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Art Exchange 2011

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus