Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Accent Thread

Darth_Angelus Moderator

After talking to Celestina about accents, it occured to me that we have members here from all around the world. Wouldn't it be great to hear the different accents they have?

I'll start things off with the clip of myself reading the first page of The Hobbit.

If you have a microphone and would like to share your accent, please record something and post it here! I want to hear what you sound like! :)
As I've shown Darth, here's me and my east-coast USA accent; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvD0d0W7das

I did a voice meme on deviantART a year ago, September 2010. So it's the best thing I have right now. I would update it with a more recent version, but I have a cold so that wouldn't go well. ^^;
This how we all sound like in Canada.

As the weekend is almost here I'll have to look at recording something! Some of my internet friends claim I do ever so slightly say 'aboot.' But it's nothing compared to those crazy Maritimers on the east coast. <g>
Dylan wrote:
This how we all sound like in Canada.

As the weekend is almost here I'll have to look at recording something! Some of my internet friends claim I do ever so slightly say 'aboot.' But it's nothing compared to those crazy Maritimers on the east coast. <g>
I'll verify that we sound like this. ^
Whenever I think of Canadian accents, I think of the two moose in Brother Bear.

If you guys actually sound like that, I think that is just plain awesome. XD
CelestinaGrey wrote:

Just you wait. I'll try to do a recording tonight and find somewhere to upload it.
Dylan wrote:
Just you wait. I'll try to do a recording tonight and find somewhere to upload it.

*eagerly awaits this recording!!*

As Darth already knows...I'm kind of an accent nut. :3
Haha, it's neat getting to hear everyone's accents. If I can figure out how to upload mine I will. I have a bit of a southern accent >.<
Sanne Moderator

I can do many accents, but I always feel like there's still a lot of foreign accent when I talk.

So uhm... choose? British or American? XD
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

If anyone needs somewhere to upload recordings, send me a PM. I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me and I'll upload it to my webspace for you :)

Sanne, why not both?
CelestinaGrey wrote:

The moose in Brother Bear are actually voiced by the two actors in the video above.
I dont think anybody wants to hear a german trying to speak english XD
Jane wrote:
I dont think anybody wants to hear a german trying to speak english XD

I do!!

OMG EES YOUR VOICE IS SO LOW!!! XD XD XD
I LIKE CATS. THEY ARE FLUFFY.
Ahahahahahaa.

On a kind of related note. My Uncle married a lady from Arkansas, and I have to say, ladies from the southern states have the most adorable accents. She indludged us all when making a speech at the wedding, starting it off with, "Hey ya'll!"
Sanne Moderator

I spent too much time playing Magic with Darth and skyping with him to record anything. This weekend!! :3
WELL. I DO.

god they are so fluffy.
A poorly done video of me rambling on about my pets. Er, I have what we locals call an "East Texas Drawl", but it can be heard much better in my dad's voice than mine.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Accent Thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus