Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Awesome things we might not know about you!

Sanne Moderator

A fun twist on the "7 Things people may not know about you" chain game on Facebook, I'm interested in hearing something about you that we may not know! I do want to set up a few rules though.

1. They have to be positive things! There's no better way to get in a great mood than to read interesting, fun and awesome stuff about people. :D

2. One interesting fact per post please. Le'ts give other people a chance to post before we bury others with all our awesome things!

3. Absolutely no snide or rude remarks about what people posted. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

I'll start!

One awesome thing you might not know about me is....

... I get REALLY stupidly excited about seeing the development on robot technology in real life! It's so cool to see how fast we're getting ahead in this field. There is a hotel in Japan that is staffed 50% by robots who check you in, carry your luggage, make coffee and do your laundry, and recently Boston Dynamics introduced Spot.

What is one awesome thing about you that we might not know yet? ;)
That is soooo cool, Sanne!

Hmmm...
Something people might not know about me is that I got to meet the lead singer from Tenth Avenue North, have a conversation with him and get pictures with him! :D It was such an awesome moment for me because he's so famous and yet he was ridiculously down to earth and incredible and kind!
While I'm not proud of what led up to it, I've pulled a few educational face-heel turns. As a result, not only did I finish high school on time (it was looking doubtful), but I did so as one of only about 3 people in my class with CIMS (Certificate of Initial Mastery) completion. I then went on to graduate college with honors after tutoring pretty much the whole time, and once or twice even made the President's Honor Roll. (Dean's Honor Roll graduate with honors, President's with high honors; I didn't have quite enough. ^^; ) I also tested out of an English class in college, but that's because the credit I had didn't transfer in properly. >.> So really, I'd basically already taken the course.

Thanks to the CIMs thing and the honors thing, I have two silver graduation ropes. :3
Before I quit highschool to get my GED (physical and mental heath issues ohboy, to which the school was NOT accomodating), I had this art class. I freakin' loved the class. No, I loved the teacher. He was like family to me, the biggest role model I've had in my life. He was quirky and strange and had a perverted sense of humor while knowing which lines to cross and when was a good time to be authoritative. He knew his way around our hearts.

I never talked much. I was scared and shy but consumed with my art. I've stayed after school with my friend in his class just to get extra art done, and I could tell he was just to elated when we asked him. His eyes sparkled! I'd never seen that before, but he was just so excited, so proud!

I know it seems silly, but he took me - the quiet kid no one really paid attention to unless it was to bully or harass - to the side of the class near his desk and waved his hand. I felt like Simba, and he was Mufasa. Telling me everything the light touched was mine. Except... in this case, he told me how proud and hopeful he was for me. How these kids came in here for an easy grade, whereas I came in here because I was passionate. I owned the class, I owned many classes before it. And it just felt so good to hear from someone I thought never paid me much attention but no. He was always paying attention. But like I said, he knew which lines to cross and which ones not to, and you have to kinda be gentle with the shy kids haha.

He later went on to nominate me for an entry in a state-wide book-thing (state or nation idk, but I'm assuming state) where kids are listed and described for their creative achievements because of his pride for me idk. I got it, as well as a certificate and a copy of the book. My mom has it now, but... I think what stuck to me most is when he tried to pump up my ego haha.

It's been years since then but I think about him a lot and some day I wanna go back to Kentucky and tell him how much that meant to me. How much he meant to me, and what he's done without actually being there.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

@CelestinaGrey: So jelly!! That really IS awesome!

@Novalyyn: I don't know enough about the American educational system to probably really appreciate how amazing that is, but it sounds really impressive!!! o.o

@MadRatBird: That is amazing! Is there any way you can get in touch with him through FB or something to let him know? Someone that supportive is a rare gem in our world and deserves some incredible love. <3

Another thing you may not know about me is:

I used to really dislike cats when I was a teenager. I adored big cats, but house cats? Nooot so much! I never really got a chance to get to know them, and those I did know always scratched me or were so anti-social they hid from everyone but their owners. I was a dog person back then and didn't really enjoy the idea of getting cats one day. It wasn't until my friend, who broke up with her boyfriend and hadn't had a chance to find a new place yet, asked me to take care of her cats while she looked for a new apartment. (She was staying with a friend during this time who couldn't keep cats in her house because of her bunny.)

I suddenly had two cats in my apartment and had to learn really fast how to care for them. (Kitty crash course!) I also discovered that her cats were very kind and loving. I fell in love with them as they hung out with me constantly, cuddled with me in bed and just loved me a lot. After a month she settled into her new house and took them back, and my place felt quite empty. From then on I toyed with the idea to adopt a cat of my own. A few months later, that same friend called me and told me her brother had found a stray kitten in her mom's lease car! That's when my adventure as a cat owner started and I adopted Dette. :D

I went from severely disliking housecats to becoming an enthusiastic cat owner, who turned out to be quite adept at training them too. <3
....Sanne has NOT loved cats for her whole life?!

*mind blown*
Eden (played by Kayla1108)

Well, this seems to be quite the exciting topic. You never know what people do or who they are, and in truth you can always find something beautiful in everyone.

Well I have a rather useless Ph.D in World Religions and more specifically Metaphysics and my focus was religion and how it influenced the human psyche. *clears throat* So but anyways, besides my thirst for knowledge I am a jack of all trades and a master of none- I do have a tendency to get bored with things very very fast and move on to the next thing to accomplish. Mix this with adrenaline junkie and it can be a rather expensive and dangerous combo: I love to write, scuba dive, race motocross, paint, draw and I play classical piano (along with many other instruments).
Most people tend to take me as brash or much calloused upon our first meetings but we all do things to protect ourselves do we not? ^^. Nice to meet you all!
I can do this finger thing sometimes.

Checkmate, everybody else.
Rynh wrote:
I can do this finger thing sometimes.

Checkmate, everybody else.

That's it. You win.
I make Youtube Poop. I joined a YTP community in 2007, back when no one really knew about the whole video editing craze except through one or two videos. Somebody called me an "OG" of YTP though I do dispute that claim.

I've been doing it unconsciously for a time, until a few years later, going into college. YTP has indirectly exposed me to turntablism, Film and Media Studies, and, by the loosest of connections, RP Repository. My video editing styles have become more conscious as time has gone on, and perhaps that's the only thing I'm proud of out of all these years making these stupid videos. The growth and understanding of what drives people to make these things, and how.

(Technically, I don't consider anything I make "Youtube Poop," but "scratch videos.")
I can make a clover shape with my tongue! CHECKMATE!!!
I can do the finger thing, but not that tongue thing. Nice. XD

I seem to have a natural baseline talent for many, many things - almost all the non-sports things I've tried, along with a few more physical things. (I'm just missing the patience to go beyond baseline on any one thing! ^^; Jack of all trades, master of none.)

These are incredible. XD Lmao.

I've always been good at basketball (thanks height!) but I seem to have a natural knack for volleyball too. :) During high school my teachers always tried to convince me to join a volleyball team and take it up as a serious hobby, but despite having a talent for it it wasn't my favorite sport.

Badminton and basketball are some of my favorite sports though!
Ooh ooh weird body things!

I can twist my arm completely around. Mainly my right one though, idk why it's more flexible. Probably because it's my dominant hand haha.
When I was in middle school, I read at the high school level. When I was in high school, I read at the college level and now I read so well that at a college entrance exam I placed in the class above advanced college reading.

If I am properly motivated, I can read a 750 page book in one day. Has to be an extremely good book though so it's pretty rare. >.>

Forgive me for doing more then one fact, but they were interrelated and this is still a pretty small post. ^^;

@Katia: Woah!! My friend reads super fast too and I think it's amazing. XD

Umm.. One very interesting thing about me is that I tend to gravitate to people I initially dislike really fast. Some of my closest friends, including my boyfriend, are people of whom I initially thought "God what an annoying freaking person!". I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and make an effort to get to know them, and it usually turns out that what I saw on the surface isn't really who they are as a person.

I've no idea why I respond this way. <.< It's a good lesson not to judge a book by its cover though!
Alright, now for an actual fact of mine.

This might just because I've got slight autism going on, but because I'm such a music lover, I tend to memorize the lyrics of nearly every song I've listened to ever after hearing it just once. Not all the times, but when it's not a terrible song I'm trying to block out, it's in my head forever and ever.

I am a boon in quizzes that require you to finish the lyrics to some song from 8 years ago.
Blu_Dino

My turn! :D

It's pretty lame but.. When i write (either on keyboard or in real) i can just not look at what i am writting and talk to someone.. while also looking at them. And after, i look at what i wrote and they're generally just about 1 or 2 faults. Yeah, pretty lame :P
I can type over 1000 words in 15 minutes when I put my mind to it. Usually my range is about 800-900 words in 15 minutes, but once I got up to 1509 in 15 minutes. It was crazy. Technically my WPM is around 129, but that is when I am following along with something. Basically my claim to fame is beating everyone in Word Wars during NaNoWriMo time.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Awesome things we might not know about you!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus