Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

SweetFang wrote:
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
SweetFang wrote:
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
Pantrane wrote:
I probably shouldn't over plan it. Things just need a good setting so we can share the vision. Well I guess the other aspect is setting. Obviously it will be a diverse planet with different environments. But where is the middle ground? Where are we meeting and what is that place like?

Ideas?

A giganstic city called ''Rapture'' under water, with Genetics stuff called ADAM that gives you superpowers! Just kidding. I have the idea that it could be a giganstic city with two sides (Poor and low side and Rich and high side)? And the ''rich side'' buildings could be floating as the ''poor side'' stuff would be just on the floor?

Was that a bioshock reference XD nonetheless sounds cool

Huge bioshock reference even though i never played the games ; n ;

their fun :p

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.
Maybe the city could be on a floating island or somethign as well? To help give it a mystical side? Like, maybe the high n' mighty half of the city could be very highly focused on magic and such, and uses elegant magic infused stuff(For example, familiars are used to cart stuff around, Magci schools, etc.) and the poor half would focus on old(Not meaning ancient, but worn down and over used) Tech(Much more focus on advanced, if old and grimy, tech).

Also for my characters I may just make a few more characters XD
TheHero1208

That sounds like a cool idea Sketch, ALL of this sounds really cool! :D
Gabrielle Nelson (played by Blu_Dino)

Sketch444 wrote:
Maybe the city could be on a floating island or somethign as well? To help give it a mystical side? Like, maybe the high n' mighty half of the city could be very highly focused on magic and such, and uses elegant magic infused stuff(For example, familiars are used to cart stuff around, Magci schools, etc.) and the poor half would focus on old(Not meaning ancient, but worn down and over used) Tech(Much more focus on advanced, if old and grimy, tech).

Also for my characters I may just make a few more characters XD

You got want i wanted to say! XD I actually got the idea from the Astro the robot movie.. yeah.. ._.
*Hasn't seen that movie*

Sketch444 wrote:
*Hasn't seen that movie*

Yeah, kind of normal, it's an animation movie that is not really for adults :P
Pantrane Topic Starter

Wow, you all are thinkers! That sounds like a great way of leaving things open ended for characters of different types while also making it intriguing by design. One has to ask themselves, where would their character fit in? I have to ask myself the same thing as I make a brand new Helios.

Honestly if this is an idea we like, we can start and just create as the RP moves on. Of course we can come of with places and stuff like that, maybe a few more general names, references and such. But we could probably start very, very soon.

Pantrane wrote:
Wow, you gall are thinkers! That sounds like a great way of leaving things open ended for characters of different types while also making it intriguing by design. One has to ask themselves, where would their character fit in? I have to ask myself the same thing as I make a brand new Helios.

Honestly if this is an idea we like, we can start and just create as the RP moves on. Of course we can come of with places and stuff like that, maybe a few more general names, references and such. But we could probably start very, very soon.

Well i think it's obious where i am going to be. Low-Tech robot making! :D
Pantrane Topic Starter

Robots are fun. My character might want a robot. Maybe my character will be a collector.

I have this idea that my character should tinker with one and try to give it a soul. I don't know why but that is the character vibe I am getting. Trying to animate inanimate objects... Interesting.

I just got more inspiration. Maybe the setting is a city that is somehow a central hub between the two levels. I'm not sure how it works, transit between the high and low city. But if it involves flight, let's say the RP happens between the two cities connected by flight! Or however else we could be at the connecting point for these two societies.

Pantrane wrote:
Robots are fun. My character might want a robot. Maybe my character will be a collector.

I have this idea that my character should tinker with one and try to give it a soul. I don't know why but that is the character vibe I am getting. Trying to animate inanimate objects... Interesting.

And it leads to alot of potential stuff.
Pantrane Topic Starter

For sure! I added more to the post above too. Had a random idea. lol

Pantrane wrote:
For sure! I added more to the post above too. Had a random idea. lol

Okay, lol XD
I think I might use Jenny(Willow Family page) Not sure about the rest of her family though. I'll probably also use Sarkaras. I will also most likely add characters as the story progresses XD
I had at one point an alien race with a Titanium bone structure and Rail weaponry
Pantrane Topic Starter

I think I have an idea that works. I'll be a merchant. A mystical shopkeeper. I'm someone any character can interact with and maybe I can help people come up with individual or group quests? Or even just have the presence to be written into your own plots as that sort of device.

Pantrane wrote:
I think I have an idea that works. I'll be a merchant. A mystical shopkeeper. I'm someone any character can interact with and maybe I can help people come up with individual or group quests? Or even just have the presence to be written into your own plots as that sort of device.

Works with me!
TheHero1208

That sounds like a plan man.

TheHero1208 wrote:
That sounds like a plan man.

Rimes. Be a rapper, please. Become the new Eminem.

More seriously, i just cant wait ; u ;
If it matters i could make a character that goes to a magic acedemy on the rich side of the city. I love magic so anything dealing with that i could help XD

SweetFang wrote:
If it matters i could make a character that goes to a magic acedemy on the rich side of the city. I love magic so anything dealing with that i could help XD

I love the fact that every of our character is different from a different part of the city and will probably all team-up.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus