Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

Pantrane Topic Starter

We can do it like that. What I am saying is that the RP can also take place in these places. So dedicated businesses take place. So people congregate in the same locations. As opposed to people jumping into hyper space. I know its coming, but I will try my hardest to get people together.

The first two forum topics set are the two cities. Those are the only two locations right now. If I find a way to create sub topics, we can pick which city our homes or businesses are in.

We can also add other locations. But think about it. If anyone wants to space travel, make a ship. Then travel through that. If not, then what? Will we make a topic for every planet that comes up? Every city? There are a few more locations I can add, like maybe one for the upper atmosphere and one for being in high orbit.

But having forums for established businesses or homes is not a bad idea. One also doesn't have to make them. I'm not making a home forum right away. Because I don't really plan to interact that much in one. I'm just giving people the option to create a forum topic in a way that will build the world.

Sure we can just run off in random directions, but i really think that will hurt the RP.
Pantrane Topic Starter

Edit: Oh nevermind, those are your characters. I thought random people were jumping to join. All is under control. lol. Yeah there are two location topics, so it will take place in location based topics. But with specific topics for businesses or ships, it also makes it easier for newcomers to see what establishments are available and their history. As opposed to having to read everything that has happened in a city. A business is a location too.
Pantrane wrote:
I'm already getting requests to join this group from people that aren't in this discussion. I'm not going to be able to control things. All I am going to ask from now on is that we try to work as a group and come together.

It's going to be hard to get everyone to share the same vision so I won't try. Let's just try to interact.

If you are talking about Alyssa, she is my only character that has any chance of fitting.
Pantrane Topic Starter

I didn't realize that was your guy's characters. I edited my post. I thought we had 3 new people trying to join in. Which would make it hard to really plan a storyline. I may just not add more members for awhile.
I wouldn't suggest having a Forum for each and every planet. I think we should have forums for a handful of important planets, and not really worry about sub forums for the cities(Not sure if we can do that anyways).
Pantrane Topic Starter

I finally read that description of the amazon alien race. I think it's awesome. Its a good inclusion of the warrior and shaman class of fantasy character. Should be interesting for sure!
Pantrane Topic Starter

Sketch444 wrote:
I wouldn't suggest having a Forum for each and every planet. I think we should have forums for a handful of important planets, and not really worry about sub forums for the cities(Not sure if we can do that anyways).

I would argue that the cities are the important part of this sim. This is not really a planet hopping type of sim because we are not a crew. I honestly don't even want to mess with other planets until we build this planet. These two cities are the RP.

I am not going to lose my vision. I believe in it. I don't want to say my way or the highway. But why can't we let this be more planetary based? I honestly compromised with the technology level. Personally, I want this to be more fantasy based. But people want space and high technology. That is fine.

But you guys can compromise with me to.

There will be a focus on certain businesses within the city. I want people to feel like they are in a place. Not just writing stories against a blank canvas. We are building a universe step by step. If we immediately start with 5 planets, how can we build that all at once?

Look, if people only want to do sci-fi with interplanetary travel and transporters and stealth devices and every other thing that the mass media has told you that sci-fi has to be, then you can do another RP. Fantasy is going to be a big part of this. Space travel is not going to be promoted as the main thing in this RP. Sorry. I owe it to the original vision of the group.

Edit: The two cities are set up as sticky topics. The personal forums such as ships or businesses would be unsticky, so they would rotate with use. If someone wants space travel, I would suggest making a ship. Then your first post can be a good description and you can even add pictures. This isn't my first rodeo. I've been RPing since 2001. Let me engineer this fun. I am making it more deep than just writing essays. I ask again once more for trust.
Okay. Personally I don't see why space travel can't be involved but it's your group.
Pantrane Topic Starter

It will be and it is involved. But think. Okay, say person a starts writing a plot where they go fight giant ants on another planet. Then person b goes to another planet and fights some other war or makes some trades. But person c and d are trying to build a story.

Okay now person a starts to get bored with their story. Person b is going off on their story. Now person a is ready to quit because they are not involved. Person c and d are looking for a way to meet person b, but b is caught up in their own story that doesn't relate to them. Then c and d get tired of each other.

When we could all have just focused on ways to get all four people in on the same story from the start.

It would be one thing if people start way out somewhere and then slowly get involved. But starting four separate plots is going to lead to people not interacting.

Plus who has time to write up the descriptions for these planets? Remember when people said they would make a group, but I actually had to make a group? Let's limit the variables. Let's limit the waiting. I'm going to make a forum for upper orbit. And I guess I will make one for other worlds in general. But the focus of this is on the two cities and the planet Trition.
Blu_Dino

Well sorry to say, but i might just leave.

There's nothing against the idea, you guys, the characters or the group.. it's just i'm feeling depressed right now and my mind wont create anything when i'm sad.

Plus, i dont think i can add anything to this. So if i dont contribute, what i am really doing here?

Sorry again but it's just my mind right now.
I get where you're coming from.
Though I do think the multiple plot hting is kind of inevitable in a group.
Pantrane Topic Starter

Don't worry. I cancel the group. Anyone who wants to RP the original idea can PM me. If not, might as well close the thread. I'm just throwing the idea out there that every sci-fi RP doesn't have to involve hyperspace and the most high tech thing you can possibly imagine.

In the Hunger Games, did it matter if they could travel in space? Or was there more to the story? It may be a cool challenge, one day, to work on building that 'more to the story'. I'm sorry I wasted my time trying to develop a concept and plan as opposed to allowing this to be turned into another random mish-mash of events and places.
You don't have to completely give up. We weren't even done setting up the world they were in :C
Pantrane Topic Starter

It's too late. People aren't thinking along the same lines. I don't think people want to work and write together. They just want people to read their own individual stories. I can list things to show how hard I have tried to make this work.

I didn't want sci-fi to be honest. People wanted it so I said ok, but tried to make fantasy an option as well.

Then I said I wanted to keep it an original world. People immediately suggest a world that apparently is from the Bioshock universe with a floating city. But I don't know bioshock and everyone wants it. Okay. I go with it, twist it so it makes everything work.

Then I say I want everyone to work together. But people start thinking only of ways their characters can end up billions of light years away from each other.

Yes I tried to have a vote on names and I tried to compromise on existing names. But I opened it up for a vote. I hope people didn't just say what they thought I wanted to hear.

Nothing is stopping anyone from making other RPs where they can make their own stories. And you guys keep suggesting I do things that make more work for me. Seriously, who is supposed to write all these planetary descriptions? Sure others would do it. But when? Now we are waiting on two people to collaborate. It wasn't going to work. People would have gotten bored and wondered why. I am not going to write for 3 weeks knowing that its only a matter of time until people get bored of writing their individual stories and leave the group.

If you think I'm making a group, and putting all those hours of writing into it just so people can get bored of their own stories and not interact and just quit, then I don't know what to say.
Blu_Dino

Pantrane wrote:
It's too late. People aren't thinking along the same lines. I don't think people want to work and write together. They just want people to read their own individual stories. I can list things to show how hard I have tried to make this work.

I didn't want sci-fi to be honest. People wanted it so I said ok, but tried to make fantasy an option as well.

Then I said I wanted to keep it an original world. People immediately suggest a world that apparently is from the Bioshock universe with a floating city. But I don't know bioshock and everyone wants it. Okay. I go with it, twist it so it makes everything work.

Then I say I want everyone to work together. But people start thinking only of ways their characters can end up billions of light years away from each other.

Yes I tried to have a vote on names and I tried to compromise on existing names. But I opened it up for a vote. I hope people didn't just say what they thought I wanted to hear.

Nothing is stopping anyone from making other RPs where they can make their own stories. And you guys keep suggesting I do things that make more work for me. Seriously, who is supposed to write all these planetary descriptions? Sure others would do it. But when? Now we are waiting on two people to collaborate. It wasn't going to work. People would have gotten bored and wondered why. I am not going to write for 3 weeks knowing that its only a matter of time until people get bored of writing their individual stories and leave the group.

If you think I'm making a group, and putting all those hours of writing into it just so people can get bored of their own stories and not interact and just quit, then I don't know what to say.

I totally understand what you say and highly respect it.
All i want to add is that the Bioshock reference was just a joke and not and actual idea. (The reference is Rapture a city under water.) Well now, i just hope to see you guys in other forums.
why can't we just rp and have fun doing it, like it does not have to be perfect. I suck at rps but i still do them cause i love to. Just go with the flow, it doesn't have to be planned out, but that's just my opinion.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus