Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

Pantrane Topic Starter

Real world mythology could be cool! I especially like the Ancient Alien theory, maybe like Sumerian myths and tales of Sky People all over the ancient world. But yeah, I think there will be room for people to introduce any type of character with about any kind of background they want. As long as it's in the fantasy/sci-Fi genre...

This is going to be fun!
Pantrane Topic Starter

Okay, space travel it is. Yeah some planets would be less advanced. Some wouldn't have life at all. People could relate to these populations in different ways.
Pantrane Topic Starter

The one thing I would say is let's not make this too technology related. A big part of this I think should be the mixing of fantasy elements. I'm thinking more like Ravnica in the MTG world. If we focus on ships and planets, we will lose the fun of having a Mage or a cleric or another fantasy role.
Blu_Dino

Pantrane wrote:
The one thing I would say is let's not make this too technology related. A big part of this I think should be the mixing of fantasy elements. I'm thinking more like Ravnica in the MTG world. If we focus on ships and planets, we will lose the fun of having a Mage or a cleric or another fantasy role.

Yeah, good thinking.
Pantrane Topic Starter

We can still have sci fi and ships... Notice how in Star Wars, there is not as much of an explanation of scientific things? Especially in the 70s movies? Star Wars is a mix of the fantasy and sci fi genres... Some argue that it is much more in the fantasy genre. So if someone wants to be into technology or has a role that deals with it, like maybe being a specialized character, it will fit into the canon.

I just don't think it has to get too technical. Let's keep things mystical. Maybe magic powers technology here... At least some forms of it.
Gabrielle Nelson (played by Blu_Dino)

Pantrane wrote:
We can still have sci fi and ships... Notice how in Star Wars, there is not as much of an explanation of scientific things? Especially in the 70s movies? Star Wars is a mix of the fantasy and sci fi genres... Some argue that it is much more in the fantasy genre. So if someone wants to be into technology or has a role that deals with it, like maybe being a specialized character, it will fit into the canon.

I just don't think it has to get too technical. Let's keep things mystical. Maybe magic powers technology here... At least some forms of it.

Well that's exactly what i thought! Since this character (Gabrielle Nelson) is an engineer/mechanic and still has powers over fire.. o3o
Pantrane Topic Starter

That sounds awesome! It would also make sense to be very technocentic and it fits perfectly. I'll probably be more about the water side of things and how that could relate. Hmm, maybe politics. Maybe some sort of tinker-er, shaman.... Alchemist? My character Pluvio could use a total remake into this new genre. Or even Helios. yeah, Helios. He has a unique enough appearance to be a space elf.

Pantrane wrote:
That sounds awesome! It would also make sense to be very technocentic and it fits perfectly. I'll probably be more about the water side of things and how that could relate. Hmm, maybe politics. Maybe some sort of tinker-er, shaman.... Alchemist? My character Pluvio could use a total remake into this new genre. Or even Helios. yeah, Helios. He has a unique enough appearance to be a space elf.

Space Elf sounds funny XD I'll go check out your characters.
Pantrane Topic Starter

I made him for an RP where he was as mean as possible. I would give him a complete rewrite and hopefully a wardrobe change if my 3d program cooperates. I don't have a lot of sci fi props for him, but with what I have, I will find inspiration.

I sort of let my characters create themselves. This genre is what my characters need.

Pantrane wrote:
I made him for an RP where he was as mean as possible. I would give him a complete rewrite and hopefully a wardrobe change if my 3d program cooperates. I don't have a lot of sci fi props for him, but with what I have, I will find inspiration.

I sort of let my characters create themselves. This genre is what my characters need.

Okay!
Intense planning i see XD This does sound amazing though and i ca't wait to start.

SweetFang wrote:
Intense planning i see XD This does sound amazing though and i ca't wait to start.

So intense i think i'm gonna die XD
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
SweetFang wrote:

*slides you a cupcake* that should calm you down XD

SweetFang wrote:
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
SweetFang wrote:

*slides you a cupcake* that should calm you down XD

Sugar has a bad effect on me, i become crazy and run everywhere XD
*sigh* I'll get the nap time hammer.
Pantrane Topic Starter

I probably shouldn't over plan it. Things just need a good setting so we can share the vision. Well I guess the other aspect is setting. Obviously it will be a diverse planet with different environments. But where is the middle ground? Where are we meeting and what is that place like?

Ideas?

Pantrane wrote:
I probably shouldn't over plan it. Things just need a good setting so we can share the vision. Well I guess the other aspect is setting. Obviously it will be a diverse planet with different environments. But where is the middle ground? Where are we meeting and what is that place like?

Ideas?

A giganstic city called ''Rapture'' under water, with Genetics stuff called ADAM that gives you superpowers! Just kidding. I have the idea that it could be a giganstic city with two sides (Poor and low side and Rich and high side)? And the ''rich side'' buildings could be floating as the ''poor side'' stuff would be just on the floor?
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
Pantrane wrote:

Ideas?

A giganstic city called ''Rapture'' under water, with Genetics stuff called ADAM that gives you superpowers! Just kidding. I have the idea that it could be a giganstic city with two sides (Poor and low side and Rich and high side)? And the ''rich side'' buildings could be floating as the ''poor side'' stuff would be just on the floor?

Was that a bioshock reference XD nonetheless sounds cool

SweetFang wrote:
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
Pantrane wrote:

Ideas?

Huge bioshock reference even though i never played the games ; n ;
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
SweetFang wrote:
Gabrielle Nelson wrote:
Pantrane wrote:

Ideas?

Huge bioshock reference even though i never played the games ; n ;

their fun :p

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Project

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus