Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Character Kudos! (aka KUDOPOCALYPSE)

Dylan Topic Starter

Dylan wrote:
If you happen to find a character you believe is just outstanding, why not nominate them? You can find out how to do so here and don't forget about the guidelines required when nominating a character!

I added this into my original post as per requested! So, RPRers! Even if you have given out a kudos to an awesome character already, how about even spreading the love around even a bit more as Minerva suggested? Maybe one will stand out enough to be nominated!

Nothing to see here! >.>
Minerva

There, I sent a few kudos, mostly to my friends, I don't have a lot of time today or I'd browse everyone's profiles today, I'll probably do more some time next week.
Minerva wrote:
.. because I don't know about you but I feel weird nominating my own characters.

Yus. I agree. It always feels awkward nominating your own character.. xD
Kim Site Admin

A huge reason for kudos being implemented was that the featured character system was incapable of showcasing the real range of characters here, because when I feature characters, I need to do a lot of legal checks. When users feature characters, the requirements drops to "someone loves this character (and no one has told me there's a copyright problem yet.)"

So yeah. The featured characters system is being phased out in favor of kudos-ed characters, which is part of the reason I wanted to see more characters get community love. The nominate link has been gone since kudos came out.
Dylan Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
The featured characters system is being phased out in favor of kudos-ed characters, which is part of the reason I wanted to see more characters get community love. The nominate link has been gone since kudos came out.

Oooooh. I shall make a change in my OP then! I had viewed a character and didn't see the nominate link and thought it may have been because they didn't meet all the requirements (icon / character tag.)
Dylan wrote:
Dylan wrote:
If you happen to find a character you believe is just outstanding, why not nominate them? You can find out how to do so here and don't forget about the guidelines required when nominating a character!

I added this into my original post as per requested! So, RPRers! Even if you have given out a kudos to an awesome character already, how about even spreading the love around even a bit more as Minerva suggested? Maybe one will stand out enough to be nominated!

Nothing to see here! >.>

-sees it all. <.<
I gave out a lot of kudos XD
Let me get my big monitor hooked up again and Ill get to work passin them out. Been busy with RL and just now seeing this
Eve

Ooooh yes I do love kudos, I'll start cracking out a few :D

Out of mine I believe only Meem (cheers Dylan! <3 You're a babe) and Cartier (Thank you disducibus<3) have kudos :D
Not to completely flood the forum with posts by me (you know you love it ;D), but we're at around 730ish right now. We are an unstoppable force of "Who's awesome? YOU'RE AWESOME!".
Kim Site Admin

You guys ARE awesome. I was OVERWHELMED by the response to this. So incredible.

The final count was 738. 738! :O
Bonebag wrote:
Not to completely flood the forum with posts by me (you know you love it ;D), but we're at around 730ish right now. We are an unstoppable force of "Who's awesome? YOU'RE AWESOME!".

everyone gets one of these :D

awesomedog.jpg
Character Kudos?
Sounds good. Im in :)
That poster is so cute! But...it's misspelled and driving me nuts XD 738 Kudos is awesome! And it was a lot of fun :D We should do this more often :)
Dylan Topic Starter

Big THANK YOU to everyone who took part. You guys are awesome, and don't forget to continue to giving kudos to awesome characters. :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Character Kudos! (aka KUDOPOCALYPSE)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus