Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Draw for the Person Above You!

iltheyn wrote:

Finished Ivory. I'd like to preface this with the fact that I took some liberties... half of which I had no intention of doing when initally claiming him, mind. I more or less focused on the details that are actually in his profile and imagined a premise so that I wouldn't be drawing him idle.

The premise goes something like this: Ivory is walking through a city in winter (probs not Silvermoon, maybe Dalaran?) when he stumbles upon someone abusing a cat. They depart without noticing him and he finds that the cat is hurt but still aware and alive. So he sneaks into an apothecary's shop and steals a potion of healing for said cat. (And then probably lets it go because geez now its fur is all over his shirt and shedding is gross)

I have no idea whether he even likes animals so I'm sorry if the image misrepresents him, I just really wanted to draw something semi-active. It was meant to illustrate (har) both his misanthropic traits as well as his tendency towards unlawful justice. I hope you like it!

Also now he looks kinda like Royce from Transistor...?

tumblr_ozrqbxFtVQ1u7iyfho1_1280.jpg

To be honest, I was having trouble connecting to this character, and I was kind of stuck in terms of what direction to take him, but everything you've headcannoned here just feels so natural. I hereby declare that Ivory has a major soft spot for cats and helpless things. Hocus pocus, it's canon now.

I had to look up which Camerata member Royce was. It's been a while since I played, but man, that game was music to my eyes.

Thanks for the art and inspiration!
dray wrote:
Meanwhile if anyone would be interested in Boyce or Jolene that would rock!

Here's Jolene! With and without background.
tumblr_ozt985P5qT1vaugl7o1_1280.png

without bg

Shameless plug for my commission thread: clicky
illantis wrote:
dray wrote:
Meanwhile if anyone would be interested in Boyce or Jolene that would rock!

Here's Jolene! With and without background.
tumblr_ozt985P5qT1vaugl7o1_1280.png

without bg
Shameless plug for my commission thread: clicky

She turned out perfect, wow! Thank you so much! (Great hand, btw!)
Ventlurker

REDACTED FOR CORRECTIONS. REPLIED TO PROPER PERSON BELOW!
FreeJayFly Topic Starter

Hey there, Ventlurker!

Be sure to look for the people that have made posts that claim users to draw for an offer their links for the characters they'd like drawn!

The person you should be drawing for is this person:
Heimdall wrote:
The next poster can design an outfit for Darkeye (ref 2):
Quote:
Starwealder clothing is made from things harvested from their forest home. They do have some spun fibers, but generally prefer to make clothes from leather, fur, bark, whole leaves, bones, turtle shells, stone, etc. Absolutely no metal, though the stone and wood can be intricately shaped. They are usually pretty lightly ornamented overall.

Or, if you prefer, just draw Zazeal!
Ilmarinen Moderator

FreeJayFly wrote:
Hey there, Ventlurker!

Be sure to look for the people that have made posts that claim users to draw for an offer their links for the characters they'd like drawn!

Heimdall wrote:
Quote:
Starwealder clothing is made from things harvested from their forest home. They do have some spun fibers, but generally prefer to make clothes from leather, fur, bark, whole leaves, bones, turtle shells, stone, etc. Absolutely no metal, though the stone and wood can be intricately shaped. They are usually pretty lightly ornamented overall.

Yup, you'd be drawing for me! But if you'd like practice with rugged dudes like you said, feel free to try Ivian out instead of Zazeal or Darkeye. :)
Ventlurker

Heimdall wrote:
FreeJayFly wrote:
Hey there, Ventlurker!

Heimdall wrote:
Quote:

Yup, you'd be drawing for me! But if you'd like practice with rugged dudes like you said, feel free to try Ivian out instead of Zazeal or Darkeye. :)

Edit because I'm less confused and the net is actually working again.
I choose YOU, IVIAN, because who can resist that face!?
Ilmarinen Moderator

Heimdall wrote:
iltheyn wrote:
I claim Ivory!

I offer Enthlyi or Tye.

Claiming!

Finished Enthlyi huddling in the cold! Put on some dang gloves, fella!

pyplpyO.png

and one without snow!
kzJuApx.png
Am I too late to the party?
Ventlurker was the last, offering Torrential or Altan before they had an editing error, I think. If you're looking to hop onto the bandwagon, you'd want to choose one of them, and then offer two of your own. :D
I CLAIM VENTLURKER, AND WILL OFFER AN IMAGE OF TORRENTIAL.
IN EXCHANGE, I REQUIRE EITHER IRIEN OR RAGNAR.
Actually, I'm going to have to pull out of this before I even start, because now I have commission work to see to. Several dozen apologies! So sorry!
Ok, I'm gonna claim Ventlurker in that case. (I think I found their character's reference anyways.)

Ok! As for mine uh...
Jinan or Kohinoor?

As a note:

FarFromBr0ken has claimed me back on the 4th of November. (page 35). After about two weeks-ish I PM'd them asking how they were getting on with my art.
They responded 2 days later with a WIP, but stated it was unfinished. (Bloop)
PM'd them again after being poked about it by a lovely on the 26th to see if they're any closer to finishing. Haven't heard anything since.

Uh. Not sure what to do from this point. But I just want to let the mods know this is happened.
It might be time to update the art volunteers! Maybe that can be a yearly or seasonal part of this thread's upkeep? It might be worthwhile to shorten and clarify the rules and etiquette, too. Eg) in order to chat you must mark the end of non-draw posts with "skip me" or something? People who do not deliver on time get added to the first post for one to three months and are not allowed to participate until that time is over? It might be nice to have a second thread to keep the chatter out of the claim thread, like a "post here and discuss" thread? The forum structure is tricky when everything has to be done in one thread.
TinyCentaur wrote:
Ok, I'm gonna claim Ventlurker in that case. (I think I found their character's reference anyways.)

Ok! As for mine uh...
Jinan or Kohinoor?

As a note:

FarFromBr0ken has claimed me back on the 4th of November. (page 35). After about two weeks-ish I PM'd them asking how they were getting on with my art.
They responded 2 days later with a WIP, but stated it was unfinished. (Bloop)
PM'd them again after being poked about it by a lovely on the 26th to see if they're any closer to finishing. Haven't heard anything since.

Uh. Not sure what to do from this point. But I just want to let the mods know this is happened.

I'll take Jinan! In return... I'll leave Meliere (Meliere's references are the last three photos at the bottom) or Yuuki. (If you need a full body reference of Yuuki, I can provide a basic sketch of that!)
I'll take Yuuki! I'd love to see a bit more of her outfit, but I don't think I need a full body... Some ref would be great!

Putting Up To Draw
Anyone interested in rounding out my quartet of chars by drawing Boyce? If you like drawing monsters, his werewolf form is more rawr than furry. Alternately, how about Cassie in something winter-related? (She doesn't need winter clothes but she does like fashion.)
FreeJayFly Topic Starter

dray wrote:
It might be time to update the art volunteers! Maybe that can be a yearly or seasonal part of this thread's upkeep? It might be worthwhile to shorten and clarify the rules and etiquette, too. Eg) in order to chat you must mark the end of non-draw posts with "skip me" or something? People who do not deliver on time get added to the first post for one to three months and are not allowed to participate until that time is over? It might be nice to have a second thread to keep the chatter out of the claim thread, like a "post here and discuss" thread? The forum structure is tricky when everything has to be done in one thread.

The suggestion about the 'skip me' part is good, and I'll go ahead and add that to the OP of the post of this thread. o:

As for the bit about public shaming: no. I am not going to post people in the OP when it comes to failure of delivery. I have had this discussion with the other volunteers of this thread that help moderate and look after it, and publicly shaming people is not something that I am for. While I agree that there are repercussions to be had for those that do not follow the rules, I feel that a public shame list for anyone to see goes against the friendly nature of what RPR is supposed to be.

Any and all users that have broken rules and/or have failed to post on time are contacted privately by me or any of the other volunteers that are on top of the thread. All people that have broken the rules and/or have failed to post their picture have been added to a private moderator's list for our reference to report if they are to post again. If users that have been asked not to participate in the thread have appeared, I or another volunteer of the thread will come by and state specifically that that is what happened and that they are not to be taken on while we wait for an official RPR mod to remove their post.

I admit that I'm currently not available to be here as much as I'd like recently. Our current volunteers do all speak to one another about what to do and how to go about it in our PMs. We are always open for having more volunteers, though I can verify that each of the ones listed are all doing what they can when they can.

Were this a thread in a private group, I would feel more comfortable about making a secondary thread for chatter that happens surrounding this thread. I will not be making one in a public space for the reason that it feels like there shouldn't be two separate threads for the same general thing -- chatter should be kept to a minimum in this thread. If people have desires to speak to the artist directly, there is always the PM function. This isn't an RP thread where OOC and IC should be kept separate for discussion. :(
dray wrote:
I'll take Yuuki! I'd love to see a bit more of her outfit, but I don't think I need a full body... Some ref would be great!

Edit: Someone say Ref?

waist_up_reference__yuuki_by_lightside_lucree-dbvkalp.jpg

Here you are! I'll have Tiny's trade finished soon!

SKIP ME!
Ventlurker wrote:
!

fr_by_tiny_centaur-dbvqgtu.png
only something small I'm afraid since I lost my original file. :c
Hope you like it!

SKIP ME
SKIP ME <3

Makeup piece for TinyCentaur <3
tumblr_p0hxzqcrU41wxblmeo1_1280.png

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Draw for the Person Above You!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus