Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Birthday Reminders

It could be really useful for people who play their character in real-time rp environments like WoW and Furcadia, to be reminded when your character has their birthday and ages a year.

Perhaps have a feature to also auto-age the character that can be easily turned off or on depending on your preferences.
Kim Site Admin

What an interesting idea.

I'd be very curious to know how many people out there play their characters in "real time"!
I sort of do! Sometimes I'll age them by 10 years when trying to get the age to feel right, but I age them by real Time otherwise.

This would be jolly good and kind of awesome.
Wizard wrote:
I sort of do! Sometimes I'll age them by 10 years when trying to get the age to feel right, but I age them by real Time otherwise.

This would be jolly good and kind of awesome.

Me too! But maybe not as much as ten years... as an example, I have a character I've played for 6 years and she's aged every year. I think I bumped her age by two years or so. This would be interesting to see. o:
Sanne Moderator

Panne has aged since I started playing her year by year. :) Jhak has aged steadily as well even though he was bumped from infant to teenager so he was playable in TGT. Aging is something I incorporate with most of my characters provided they are of a species that ages noticeable or ages at all.

I like this idea. :D
SeraphicStar

I approve of this idea as well!
Minerva

I tend to try to stick real time. Raphael, for example, is very canonical. I remember his daughter's birthday is valentines. And... Elsie, his wife's birthday is their anniversary/day he saved her. Sadly i... Cant remember what exactly that is. ._. And luci/ferous/ash run in parallel time. Ash is seasonal. Gabriel and asa play realish time too so birthdays/etc come up. Sometimes, when i remember to, i'll put mercury in retrograde and make talking to luci ridiculous. Itd actually be neat if we could even privately set timelines so we can just keep track of that stuff. O.o but even just being able to subscribe to characters birthdays and get an update like your friends. Yesss. I need this. XD
I age all of my characters in real time. =)
Minerva

also, even having private alerts for self. Rumea's immortal/time cycles, but started in midlate teens and, 12 years later, aged to about 30 by experience. :x i keep track of time in a lot of ways. equinoxes and solstices for ash, astrology with luci and ferous, just basic time for rafe, etc. :x
Claine Moderator

Wow I had no idea people did that. To think, some of my characters would be seven years older than when I first created them. That's actually kind of interesting :B
SeraphicStar

Claine wrote:
Wow I had no idea people did that. To think, some of my characters would be seven years older than when I first created them. That's actually kind of interesting :B

Buy Nero a cane!
Minerva

oh, and here I thought that was typical. I'unno, i find real character growth easier if i can follow forward chronology, i guess.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I went through a point where Lord Darth Angelus' was aged in real time. Can't say his entire life has been played that way but a good few years were :)
I age all of my characters in real time :) This would be an awesome feature because I'm always remembering a week later, "Dang! I missed ____ 's birthday!" With a lot of friends in the group I rp with, we'll actually play things like birthday parties and such :) I'd love to see this feature!
Oh wow, I never really considered having them age "in real time", but I could have fun with this for future stories. xD

*imagines Cody being 80 years old* He'd be sitting on his front porch, shooting squirrels just to be doing something and the Legion would be horribly bored and almost unchanged. xD "Humans really don't age gracefully, do they?" "Shut up."

Thanks for the plotbunny. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Birthday Reminders

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus