Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Attack of the Mobs: Video game Crossover RP (OPEN)

Jerry Jay (played by ConnanBell)

(Hello everyone! Given them at so many people were interested in joining this RP at once, a bunch of PM RPs isn't practical, so I'm moving them to this forum. I hope no one at all minds. If anyone else still wants to join, please submit your character to this forum first for approval: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=25371&p=2#2611618)

Ah, the great big, Pangaea Server! All of the game worlds could intermingle here in relative peace. No one's fighting skills were activated, so there was nothing that could interact with anyone's hit-boxes around here. Sure, not everyone liked it, but it's a small price to pay for the closest thing to harmony among some of the rowdiest characters in existence.

Jerry Jay made his way down the central street, gliding along on his bicycle. It was quite crowded around here, and this was only a small fraction of all of the tons of people in the various worlds. Jerry couldn't wait to go around and visit as many places as he possibly could! But wow, was it crowded today. What was going on?

Jerry looked over at the crowd again. "But this isn't just game breaking, it's dangerous."

There came a loud chime suddenly, and a large, holograph of an Asian man stood in the center of town, standing like a colossus over everyone.

"Ladies and gentlemen," said the hologram. "We are in a state of emergency. Several very important servers are in danger of collapsing." This caused the crowd to start up another din. The hologram spoke over them. "But we have a solution in mind. We will have our programmers search out the problem in each server one at a time. In that time, we need as many fighting characters as possible curbing the number of hostile NPCs in each area."
Drake Brygida (played by Quantipede)

Drake was one of the many in charge of ferrying the combatants to the hazard zone. From what he had seen from the first wave, it wasn't looking so good. After this next group he was probably going to join the fight himself, since he wasn't sure whether he could stand another one sided beating onto his ship.

Drake docked his ship, and the fighters made their way into his airship. He spied a kid in the back of the crowd.

"Hey kid, want a ride? You look fairly well off and strong enough to take on the NPCs."
Hiro (played by ConnanBell) Topic Starter

"Watch you you're calling a kid, dude," said a young, dark-haired boy, making his way up the gangplank of the ship. "I've smashed more baddies than I can count." His chest was puffed out as he made his way onto the deck. He wasn't the only one. A great many eager fighters were making their way onto the ship, each one energetic and raring for battle.

"A tyke like you probably can't count that high, I would bet. Climb aboard kiddo, we are all on the same side anyways."

He looked at the Pokemon trainer, one of the stragglers still on the platform.

"You coming with us?"
Jerry Jay (played by ConnanBell) Topic Starter

"Oh! Right! Don't forget about me!" He hurried onto the deck, eager and ready for adventure. "Oh man! I'm on a real emergency mission!"

"Don't get too excited," quipped Hiro. "This isn't a game anymore. If those Mobs keep spawning like that, the sever will crash and us along with it. We've already lost one last week. Everyone had to abandon it before they got deleted."

"Well, yeah," Jerry confessed. "But we're not gonna let that happen this time! We know how to deal with it now. We fight while the programmers patch. Easy."

He kicked the Galleon into full gear, the hulking beast picking altitude and lifting off. Meters away from them, two large cables began emitting electricity.

"Opening gate. All hands contain the incoming hostile units. Prepare to jump servers."

A hole within the air itself seemed to tear open, and mobs began to creep into the hub. Those who had not jumped onto one of the ferries fought back, limiting the numbers of NPCs to break through. Drake yelled as he put the thrusters to full speed.

"We are charging in! All hands prepare to man your battle stations and get off the ship as soon as possible!"

Jerry took out a Pokeball. "Ready when you are!"

Hiro stretched his arms out. "Ditto. What mobs are we facing here?"

Jerry looked off the edge of the ship. "Looks like Egg Bots. We must be in a Sonic Generations Server. Everyone stay careful. These servers aren't very stable to begin with."

Indeed, there were robots everywhere. On the ground, in the sky, but none of them looked terribly formidable individually. Still, there were thousands of them in all directions.

Hiro cracked his knuckles. "Sweet! Bring 'em on! I'll clear the skies!" He jumped up from the deck of the airship and flew off the edge after the bots. He began firing off energy blasts at them until any drew in close, at which point he simply broke them apart with his bare hands.

"I'll take the ground troops!" said Jerry, jumping off the edge of the ship. He threw his Pokeball and out came a lustrous, white Togekiss under him, diving to the ground before veering forward and plowing through a number of robots. "Woo! not a bad start, girl!"

As soon as the combatants left the ship Drake left the ground, rising into the air to do his work.

"Load the Manticores with Burst Rounds, we are going to blast em to smithereens!"

16 rockets shot out of the cannon, hitting a concentrated mass of Egg Bots and sending broken machinery flying everywhere. The broadside of the ship became a blazing destructive force to be reckoned with, an unrelenting sheet of ammunition laying waste to the NPCs.

"Woo!" cheered Jerry. "Now I know why they sent this ship off to battle!"

Hiro rolled his eyes and smirked. "You think that's cool?" Hiro found a cluster of bots around him in the air, the threw his hands up into the air. After that he pulled them back into his body, then all at once an explosion of energy erupted from his body, disintegrating any robots around him with ease. "And there's more where that came from!" he said, panting for breath. Even so, he continued zipping around, smashing bots with his fists.

"So," said Jerry, guiding his Lucario now to smash everything around him. "Does anyone know how long it takes to patch these things?"

Suddenly, there came something over the draw distance. Larger machines of various shapes and sizes.

"What are those?" asked Jerry.

Hiro squinted and looked. "They look like... bosses!! We got Sonic bosses!"

It had been going smoothly for Drake and his crew. They were just clearing the densely populated areas of enemies when suddenly a spherical object landed on the upper deck of the ship, throwing the balance of the Goliath off.

“What in tarnation was that?!”

Drake peered over his wheel to see a menacing object half the size of the ship hulking above him. It was the Egg Dragoon, one of the many bosses of the game server they were doing battle in.

“All hands to the main deck, I repeat, all hands to the main deck! We’ve got an intruder!”

With a swipe with its right hand, it took out the Mercury Field Gun overlooking the left side of the ship, as well as a good chunk of the railing.

Hiro flew over to the dislodged rail gun and caught it in midair. "Hey! Easy on the merchandise!" He flew back up to the Dragoon and bashed it with the railgun in his hands, knocking it loose, taking with it a chunk of ship debris. He put the gun back on the deck. "I'll hold this guy off. You gun for the bosses that are still farther away!" With that he blasted off and started punching at the Dragoon, driving it away from the ship.

However, another round robot barreled toward them, this time the Egg Emperor, lance forward.

Drake blasted the Egg Emperor with his Carranode, sending it back a few feet. The child had done him a favor, and it would be untimely for him not to return in. Drake flashed two thumbs up, grinning wholeheartedly.

"I gotcha covered, kid!"

Hiro grinned and went back to fighting the Dragoon, making short work of it with a Kamehameha wave. From there, he turned his attention to the other bosses swarming in and rushed toward them.

Even so, there were still plenty of airborne mobs in the skies, and they slowly began to pile into the ship.

"We are getting swarmed! Someone get help over here ASAP!"

But nobody came. Everybody had their hands full with the robots. It was like an endless stream of them, always attacking, never relenting. It was looking bleak for the characters. Whereas the NPCs had an inexhaustible supply, they were slowly tiring out.
Sadur Abul (played by BossMcFloss)

Hidden above the fray waiting in his fully black garb, clasisc redguard medium armor, Sadur dropped on the deck and cast soul shred, jumping in the air throwing a circle of red around him, stunning the bots in the circle and killing any that were weak enough. This gave him enough time to use a teleport strike to kill another, and vanished. He reappeared stabbing two with his daggers. He cast aspect of terror to send a few running away in fear.

((Post order me, boss, connan))

Drake looked at his deck. It seemed some unseen force was on their side, aiding in the disposal of the hostile enemies.

"Hey, whoever is out there clearing my deck for me, you have my gratitude."

Drake then ordered for tar to be released from the engine, creating a black smog that obscured them from view and hid his ship from future attacks.
Sadur Abul (played by BossMcFloss)

Sadur heard this but ignored, he was busy. He jumped forward with a teleport strike followed by stabbing the other two that had been hit with his last spell. He turned and drew his scimitar, slicing the last one in half. He took a moment to rest and drank a magica potion to restore his pool of it.

Sadur made his way to where Drake stood and said to him in a deep yet friendly tone, "You looked like you needed help, so I, bard and nightblade assisted." He sheathed his weapons and looked at Drake. "Name is Sadur Abul, you?" Seemingly a bad time for formalities, but Sadur was never rude if so the person was not rude either.

Jerry found himself running low on healing items, and his Pokemon were running low on stamina. Suddenly, there was an incoming message on his Xtranciever.

Update: The mob spawning issue has been patched! Please keep fighting until Mob numbers have been returned to normal. This message will be sent to all players on this server.

Jerry's energy spiked, and his Raichu responded in kind. "Take 'em down, G-Watt!"
Renard (played by Doc)

A young man stepped onto the deck with an atmosphere as if he had been there the entire time. He looked over at Drake and winked, shoving his hands deep within his pockets. He's no noob to the Pokemon thing, having watched Wi-Fi battles plenty of times, he learned how to tell if a Pokemon was weakening. The young man pulled several healing items out of his pockets and threw them towards Jerry before pulling out a Level 3 Sentry he picked up when passing through a TF2 server in its downtine. He set it up on the side with the most bots flying around, letting it take out quite a few of them.

((Sorry if I'm doing something wrong, a little rusty after a year or so long RP hiatus. Also, sorry for being late))

"Hello, Sadur, I'm Drake Brygida. I couldn't have done it without you."

He gave the other newcomer a salute of thanks. With the number of NPCs dwindling, the fight seemed to begin to die down. Drake surveyed the damage on the deck.

"I'm going to bring this ship down to collect our allies and return to the gate. You guys can help clean up the metal scraps on deck and toss it overboard or something."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Attack of the Mobs: Video game Crossover RP (OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus