Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2016

Dunno if I missed the cut-off, but here is one of the Niflungar, 'Children of the Mist', from Norse myth. These ice/mist elementals fed on the suffering of frost giants when they were on Nifleheim, the primordial realm of darkness and ice.

Genre's probably gonna be Fantasy/Horror/Fae?
7RFFhoP.png

(Only looks good on pale backgrounds because I futzed up the transparency. :c]
Sanne Moderator

dio wrote:
These are all such wonderful entries. The judges are going to have a tough time this year for sure.

Just curious, is there a specific cutoff time for submissions? It's definitely possible to submit an entry on Wednesday, correct? Trying to get this picture ready in time... Phew.

You have until 11:59pm PST on the 25th to submit entries! :) At the time of posting this, it's 5:21am PST
Ah, that feel when you realize the deadline is upon you and you're not done with your second entry yet.... :> *panics*
second_rpr_entry_by_sashetha-da3uzw0.png
dio

Sanne wrote:
dio wrote:
These are all such wonderful entries. The judges are going to have a tough time this year for sure.

Just curious, is there a specific cutoff time for submissions? It's definitely possible to submit an entry on Wednesday, correct? Trying to get this picture ready in time... Phew.

You have until 11:59pm PST on the 25th to submit entries! :) At the time of posting this, it's 5:21am PST

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up <3
Got my second entry done and gave the first one a little update. :>

The dragon hound
Feral, Fantasy, Magic, Desert
dragon_hound_lr_by_sashetha-da3yqgn.png
Higher res file

The dust mage
Medieval, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic, Desert
dust_mage_lr_by_sashetha-da3yqhf.png
Higher res file
Ilmarinen Moderator

O.o

view.php?name=rpr_gg_teaser.png

(I'm givin' 'er all she's got, captain! I'll finish, I will!)
Heimdall wrote:
O.o

view.php?name=rpr_gg_teaser.png

(I'm givin' 'er all she's got, captain! I'll finish, I will!)

Best of luck! >.<
Sanne Moderator

DiGMwTe.png

Blight Alpaca Horror genre

This poor little Alpaca, a faithful companion to all the yarn crafters of the RPR, fell victim to Blightcilla's vicious attacks when it tried to help the warriors. :( Now it is forever haunting the forest in a permanent blighted condition, spitting poison at passing members and charging them with blood curdling cries of insanity.

Edit: I forgot to color its teeth oops <.< This post has the most recent version
Sanne wrote:
Jp5JcaX.png

This poor little Alpaca, a faithful companion to all the yarn crafters of the RPR, fell victim to Blightcilla's vicious attacks when it tried to help the warriors. :( Now it is forever haunting the forest in a permanent blighted condition, spitting poison at passing members and charging them with blood curdling cries of insanity.
I approve of this abomination!
Sanne Moderator

Virus wrote:
I approve of this abomination!

I'm glad! XD
There are too many good entries, there needs to be two groups xD
Reima wrote:

What do you mean by "two groups"?
Virus wrote:
Reima wrote:

Likely two jumble groups, just so it showcases a good amount of the entries.

There certainly are a lot of great ones this year. The judging team is going to be spread thin over what's up. C:
FreeJayFly wrote:
Virus wrote:
Reima wrote:

Likely two jumble groups, just so it showcases a good amount of the entries.

There certainly are a lot of great ones this year. The judging team is going to be spread thin over what's up. C:

Yeah, like 'one for day time and the other for night time'
Something like that~

And I kept on thinking that the deadline was on the 30th or something. Glad that I posted mine already or else I might have missed it xD
This is roughly the same amount as last years. I don't think we need to worry too much.
Reima wrote:
Yeah, like 'one for day time and the other for night time'
Something like that~

And I kept on thinking that the deadline was on the 30th or something. Glad that I posted mine already or else I might have missed it xD

It'd be a bit much to code for considering that this site is available to the entire world. Wouldn't it?
Maybe, but if it was just something that switched every 12 hours that'd not me too bad, right?
Reima wrote:
Maybe, but if it was just something that switched every 12 hours that'd not me too bad, right?

No but consider that this would have to be done for 24 different time zones, while also taking into account for daylight savings time for some areas and non-standardized time for others. It could get complicated pretty fast.
Sanne wrote:
DiGMwTe.png

Edit: I forgot to color its teeth oops <.< This post has the most recent version

I just imagine someone walking around a bend in the path, seeing that and just being like

Glecs7A.gif

ALSO I CANT UNSEE IT, THAT MONSTER GROWS CHERRY SOURS OFF IT'S BACK
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I think she means it would switch every 12 hours, regardless of timezone. So it might swap midday for some people. :)

But there's still just the one genre jumble image, so we don't have to worry about this hypothetical right now! :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » OFFICIAL CONTEST: Genre Mascots Art 2016

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus