Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » OFFICIAL Doubutt Game Discussion Topic

Sanne Moderator

The ghost lady gets pushed back by any weapons that you're hurling at her!
Ok, so this is my first year doing the game. What exactly does the magnet in the first room do?
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

InsaneShadow wrote:
Ok, so this is my first year doing the game. What exactly does the magnet in the first room do?

It lets you pull the weapon along with you very slowly, if you stand very close to it. It's kind of an agonizing way to get it through all the rooms if you do it that way, but super handy for pulling the weapon off a ledge if you accidentally kick it almost into a ravine.

You can drop it again by pressing Q.

I'm gonna go play a whole bunch of rounds to get more seeds and weapons out there! :D
Oh ok! Thanks bunches Kim!!
Is it just me, or is sending out seeds with the weapon more satisfying than running through a dozen rooms just to send out one item? I like this addition.

My Willow saw me play a round this morning and asked if what she saw was a "Pony?" in a very concerned voice. She watched in rapt attention for the rest of the round, she's smitten with Doubutt! (But aren't we all)
rat

oh gosh libertine, that's adorable! willow's a lovely name, too. :D
i definitely agree about the seeds, i find them a lot of fun to collect.

@kim
can i help compile game tips and such using one of the sticky posts?
Samster

So the ball pit is the hardest level. I thought it was just a fun easter egg. No, it launched my axe into the dark outer abyss of the universe, and now I can't get it back.
Those nefarious colorful stones on the floor. I'll have my revenge soon.
Sanne Moderator

NOOOOOOOOO SLIIIIIIIIIMES
Samster

That level with the single slime navigating back and forth around the many bends is the worst. Has anybody managed to get through that?
Samster

It seems like there's no window of opportunity to slide by long enough to avoid tossing the item at the slime.
Thank you Rat! I have a lot of fun every Epic Week, the staff always find a new way to change it up.
Loren

Epic weeks are great.
Samster

I don't think this Doubutt dungeon even has an accessible cannon.
Samster

I just right-hand-ruled the whole castle without the raygun so I wouldn't have to stress out while mapping the place out, and I ended up going through every single room twice now.
For those that forgot or are new, you can double tap the directional keys to run. Running frightens ice beetles!
Samster

Ice beetles are frightened just by your proximity, even standing still.
Samster

Unless you charge into them, they won't go near you.
Samster

Woah, there are no invulnerability frames on those land beetles, though.
Samster

They can suck the HP out of Doubutt in a heartbeat
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I just patched the Doubutt game to fix a rare bug that caused a crash in the finale room, if you managed to bring bouncy balls with you. I also removed one room that was over-challenging.

Just re-launch the game and it will automatically download the updates.

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » OFFICIAL Doubutt Game Discussion Topic

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus