Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

(huuuum..... And vice versa ! >.< More seriously , yeah : we don't know how far we can go since you're narrating, so if there's no ellipse then we think we have to do something else to do. Kind of like when your searching how to unlock the script of a game. Which it is. A game. Just without controllers. You know what I mean ?)
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

(Yes. Actually, let me just continue it because I just thought of something.)

The group eventually reaches what seems to be a small farming village, with fields going towards the east and west. There is no walls surrounding, concluding that it might not be the richest around. From a distance, the townspeople are working, and attending their daily lifestyle.

(*blows bagpipe*)
Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

(Yeah real smooth Crystal, you ignored the fact that Beta is tipping over like a tree being cut down. Real smooth Crystal)
(Crystal picked her up ;P Ain't nobody got time for that while a Lich is loose)

By the time that arrived Crystal was openly tired, with sight of civilization being a God send,"Excellent, a town. We'll be able to get resupplied and rested before continuing on." At this point she would check Beta who was may or may not have still been passed out on her shoulders.

The town's houses to be made of simple spruce wood and stone, some small, some big. A few of the buildings are quite obvious, a big two story building is an inn (as well as a sign outside displaying what it is), while there seems to be open-faced houses for a blacksmith and tradesman.

...This town seems to be struck by the Lich as well, though not as drastically as the last. A few of the farming houses in the fields seemed to have burned down, and crumbled into chunks of stone and dust.
Angrim (played by floatch)

Merrick speaks up after a long silence to the group. "I am obliged to inform you that, using my runebook I was able to vaguely locate the Lich's position. Unfortunately this may have drawn some attention to us, so be on your guard." He stops at the outskirt of the village looking over the wreckage. He solemnly sets his jaw. "Well, it would be worth the effort to see if any man is still living in this town..."

(kinda just said there were people in the town earlier but i'll make an observation for Merrick anyway)

From what Merrick can see, he is able to decipher that there are quite a numerous amount of people in the village. Even though there's rubble here and there, the townsfolk are still living their daily lives.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

('Twas about time I rise. The icon still stays tho)

Acerbus uncloaked himself in front of his allies, hoping to stop them from proceeding through the village. He coughed up a strange thick smoke from being cloaked in darkness for so long. The satyr's expression was a mix of concerned and irritated, quickly glancing around at the rest of his group. "No. No no no. No!" His voice progressively got louder as he spoke, accidentally dropping his staff in the process. A few seconds passed by before realizing that he had dropped it. Acerbus only stood silently and picked it up, staring at it as if he forgot that it even fell.

"Does no one else think this is suspicious? How could these people just go on with their life like nothing is happening when literally everything nearby is dead! And how could no one else come to this conclusion?!" Acerbus continued to rant on, dropping the wooden staff to make hand motions as he spoke. The more he was talking the more laboured his breathing became, as if he were forgetting to breathe. "Seriously! I can't be the only one who thinks there's something wrong with this whole thing, right?"

(will edit if someone says something)

Before anyone got a word in, a loud shriek could be heard, coming from a watchtower towards the north of the village. It goes a bit like this... LICH!!! LICH!!! TAKE UP YOUR ARMS THE LICH IS HERE!!!

A loud horn blows, and the normal townsfolk almost instantaneously scatter into the nearby buildings, while all the guards and hardy folk took up muskets, bows, swords, maces, spears, and some even spell tomes, and began sprinting towards the north...

(sorry for letting you down, I was feeling sleepy for once, so I took the opportunity to rest. I'm back though.)
Yuki arrived after the group had stopped, still looking tired and pale, though that last one was usual. He hadn't settled down for a second that the guard was screaming. He sighed.
Leaning on his shepherd cross, the young ship closed his eyes and asked really quietly : "is it the real lich or another phantom of itself..?"

(...dang. Would'a thought that post would'a made y'all post faster, but apparently not. Guess I gotta rethink my plan...)
With a sigh Crystal put down her new ally and casually walked in the direction of the panic. Off her skin fell the built up sand and pebbles from the walk through the woods. Not a moment of rest before each and every conflict hm? If she knew adventuring would be like this she'd have stayed home...

While a blatant lie, her muscles sure felt it.

A violent bolt of lightning colored violet strikes a building near crystal. It seemingly came from the north of town. In the near distance, they would be able to see a figure floating in the air wearing all black, with a violet colored bird mask. The towns-people are trying their best to defend their village, but almost everything either gets block or reflected by a runic shield around the being, aside from spells which have holy and light affinities.

The being raises it's arms and sends down a plume of flame on the defenders, which they scatter quickly and continue to fight.

(...Pootis.)

(Lalalaaa~...)
Angrim (played by floatch)

Merrick slowly draws his sword from its leather scabbard. Its rune inscribed edges gleam as they are bathed in sunlight. He uses his other hand to take his shield off of his back and strap it onto his arm. He looks at the others impatiently. "Hurry!" he yells over yhe sounds of destruction, getting closer to spurring his horse into battle.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

(plot twist: acerbus was working for the lich the whole time . . . nojk)

The satyr's ears lowered themselves in annoyance as he let out a low hiss. He jogged behind the rest of the group, his eyes darted from one person to the next as he examined their movements carefully. The cloak that Acerbus made earlier had a great impact on his behaviour as well, seeing how he had become more careful and anxious.

Looking more tired than in pain , for once, Yuki walked to human female that was apparently leading the group. Staying three feet behind her, his head still bowed down, he asked anxiously : "L-Lady Crystal... Do.. Do we have to try fightng that . . . thing ? It's scarry..."
As he strenghten his grip on is staff, moaning something, a lighting strikes nearby and reflect on the shiny curves of his gokden horns.
Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

The whole while, she had been staring at the figure with the violet bird mask in the distance. She had also noted the dark setting and the cries the villagers made. "LICH!!! LICH!!! TAKE UP YOUR ARMS THE LICH IS HERE!!!" Those words echoed in her head. This was no doubt the home of the dreaded Lich, and that just has to be the Lich, right? "Guys.. that thing has to be the Lich."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus