Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The Lich continued to attack the defenders and the village, shooting bolts of violet lightning from it's hands. "Surrender and you shall not suffer the consequences!" The Lich flies up into the air, and sends a plume of fire over some of the houses. The Defenders could barely touch the being, with most of their attacks being reflected or being bounced off of it's runic shield. They're going to need more firepower if they're going to win.
Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

(hum, it's kinda too late now but Yuki had healed your hand immediatly after Crystal 'sealing' , that's why he's all hurting at the moment. And by the way this is just a farmer village if I'm not mistaken... But hey, let's roll on.)
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

(YOU GAVE THE OPTION AND IM SELECTING IT)

"Does surrendering mean dying? This is critical information that I need to know." Acerbus relaxed his muscles, standing straight and leaning on the wooden staff. The once darkened cloak returned to its original bright colours, as did his tattoos. He hummed quietly in thought as he was contemplating over his current choices. This group hasn't really done much for me, has it? I haven't learned anything new from them. "Maybe it's time to switch?" The satyr said his last thought aloud, not caring who heard.

(strangely I'm not surprised , I don't know why... Oh yeah, probably because I intended to do the exact same thing...)

Hearing first the lich and then the young satyre, Yuki realise that it would be better for him to go with the ennemy. After all : the phylacter was probably in the lich's dungeon, so it was impossible to kill the fiend at the moment. And maybe if he left the group they would be in less danger.
So in his shivering weak stature and voice, the sheep announced : "I... I-I surrender too..."

(Well, dang guys. Way to screw over Bestdragon. And... it's not that kind of Lich. It doesn't have a phylactery. It can be damaged like everything else.)

(hey , don't hate m8 , we just do what's best for us. Plus It's easier to betrayal kill it than to face it now.)

(I AINT BEIN A TRAITOR TO THE LICH IM GOING STRAIGHT FOR BECOMING ONE WITH THE ENEMY)
Crystal would look to her allies with a slight pained look in her eye before looking up at the Lich. This is why they were summoned. The pain be caused could not be forgiven, nor the lives be took. On the other hand, she was in no condition to fight and would seriously hurt herself if she attempted any strenuous casting now. Her allies were fearful, opportunistic, and naive, but they were her allies. If nothing else, she would protect them.

With a crackle of pain at her throat she twisted her vocal chords to enhance her speech; now able to carry across the battlefield.

She spoke to the Lich flatly but with purpose,"What are the terms of your surrender, and what is it you desire. Perhaps we can come to an agreement without needless bloodshed." Deep down Crystal flight with herself, hating how cold and lifeless she was speaking, and worse for working with him. What was going on?

(Sorry for my tardiness, death in the family)
Angrim (played by floatch)

Despite having a helmet shrouding his face, Merrick was visibly disgusted with the others. "Why are you fools doing this? We should end the Lich right here, he will be defeated if we counter his magical attacks. Without them, he is powerless." He sets his sword on his shoulder and looks down at them from his horse, distressed. "Needless bloodshed... there is no such a thing as needless bloodshed. This is war, bloodshed is inevitable. These townspeople will all be slaughtered anyways if we do not help them! We mustn't surrender... if we do, the gods will not forgive us.". He takes a deep breath and exhales loudly after his small speech. "Are you with me, comrades?"
Crystal looks to Merrick with an equally dead look in her eyes,"The Gods have already forsaken me. Besides, I am in no condition to fight. If you wish to end your own life so be it, but I will not sacrifice my life without knowing the possibility of an alternative. If his only desire is mindless slaughter then I will fight, and die. But anyone who lives as long as a lich has much more complex motives."

(plot twist? does this count as one?)

The Lich continues to fight the villagers, it's shield is mostly unharmed. Aside from a few cracks in the runes here and there. The villagers are putting up a violent fight, some of their magic and attacks are actually starting to get through the gale of runes.

"Pardon me!" A person wearing a brown wide-brim hat and trench-coat brushes by Crystal and Merrick, with a staff tipped with amber in his right hand. He dashes towards the north part of the town. He stops in the middle of the villagers, and points the staff at The Lich. "Prajectus Praecantatio Destrablivios!" A bolt of white arcane energy shoots from the staff, and hits the shield. Within an instant the Lich's runic shield, instantaneously shatters, with the runes and energy evaporating.

The Lich gets pelted with the attacks from the villagers, many of them ripping it's garb. It then looks at the stranger and bellows. "You shall rue the day you done this! I will be back for you!" It begins to speed off in the direction towards northern city, with the storm clouds quickly dissipating.

The stranger begins to run off in the same direction...

(this occurred before the last narrator post)

Merrick loosens up slightly, and his death grip on his sword's hilt visibly loosens. "Hum... Perhaps you are correct. A Lich is a scheming creature, after all." He falls silent, lost in thought for a moment, before sighing loudly and sliding his sword back into its leather scabbard. "All right. I'll surrender." He dismounts from his horse and holds his armored hands behind his neck.

(Hmm... Shall we say floatch's was before my post?)

(sure)

Acerbus ran after the stranger and the Lich, annoyed by his former allies. He left his staff behind, seeing as he no longer needing the useless wood either. The satyr didn't dare to look back as he ran, not wanting to lose focus or sight of the Lich. In just a few seconds his form returned to the cloaked state to allow Acerbus to travel faster.

Yuki sighed, falling on his knees fromm internal exastion, his weak body paying him back for the long day he had.
As he saw the lich float away he mumbled something for himself that only Crystal could have heard.
He then tried to stand up be ended up falling back on all four, coughing painfully something that looked redish black once it fell on the ground.
It tooks him moment to grab his shepherd cross again and lean on it to raise on his feet.
he then started to walk throught the destroyed town, his ankle and wrist bracelet slowling jingling as he went on the path.
Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

Yuki BlancCrin wrote:
(hum, it's kinda too late now but Yuki had healed your hand immediatly after Crystal 'sealing' , that's why he's all hurting at the moment. And by the way this is just a farmer village if I'm not mistaken... But hey, let's roll on.)
(Never saw, sorry, I'll fix that)
Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

Tala Ume Lesonee wrote:
Yuki BlancCrin wrote:
(Never saw, sorry, I'll fix that)

The darkling was observing the actions and words of the group the whole time. The lamb had reluctantly surrendered... The human had actually spoken about terms of agreement towards the Lich.. and the knight of all people surrendered too?!

Such intense emotions bubbled from within her chest... Her heart. She grew a defeated look upon her face before she walked in front of the three, minus the satyr who had gone off to join the Lich. "You guys are supposed to be heroes, right? You two!" She said while pointing at them. Her face was visible, and she had a look of pure anger and hurt on her face. Tears were even showing themselves. "You two came on that boat! You were the so-called "heroes" that were supposed to come defeat the Lich! And what do you do instead of fighting?! You surrender! Real heroes never give up, but only in the most dire of times! WE could have hid out and recuperated from there!" She then turned towards the knight, "You, of all people should be ashamed. You are supposed to be a valiant knight, showing determination and hardihood. You should not have surrendered. In fact, you seem to be the least winded. Mr. Not-So-Brave, instead of moping, you should have gone down to help the wounded!" She stopped pointing and ranting for a moment before she went back at it. "I needed a hero. I was one of the people in need. The Lich turned me into one of his servants! A DARKLING! It happened to my family too! Not only that, but if any of us show signs of weakness, then what happened before will show itself! I wanted to stop all the madness, and I knew that I couldn't do it by myself. When you three showed up, I felt that I-- we -- had a chance. Had a chance at a new life. But with your guys' actions right here, it seems as though I was wrong. I was so ****ing wrong!" She was hyperventilating at this point. She would slowly control herself, and her breaths grew longer and slower. "I was so wrong..," she whispered barely audibly.

Half of the town is destroyed, with some of the buildings burning. The fields are nearly untouched, while most of the houses towards the south are completely unharmed. The villagers who helped defend the town are tending their wounds, with several maidens carrying injured into houses.
After being yelled at for her actions Crystal could actually be seen softening, her face relaxing and light pebbles generating at the corners of her eyes as she started to look around in a panic. Where was she, what had happened? Did Yuki say what Crystal thought, and did she really just surrender to the Lich?! No no no... This was wrong. All of this was wrong. All around her buildings burned and people cried out in pain and agony, her own allies morally crushed.

"N- No! Please I would never... I didn't mean to... I came here to protect everyone or die trying! I didn't wish for this! Oh Gods... Oh Gods I'm so sorry!" Crystal began to panic a bit as she sorted through her cracked memories. But piece by piece she started to remember. She started to remember just how cold she was... What was happening to her... But more importantly -

Crystal would look to Yuki,"Please, please don't say such things... I know things may look grim, but this life is all we have. We'll do what we can and pull through... Right?" Even though she said it, and wasn't sure if even she believed it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus