Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Crystal happily accepted some of the blackberries,"Oh! Thank you I definitely appreciate it." After popping a few in her mouth and looking around and takes note of the sun going down and starts to weigh their options. On one hand traveling at night through a forest like this is dangerous, but in the other hand every minute they don't travel is another minute that the lich is causing pain and suffering...

"So, with the sun setting would you two rather make camp or keep going? I'm willing and prepared to do either." Crystal would ask, looking to her cute ally and her silent ally.
Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

Yuki, after cleaning his glutton stains, had a worried expression come accross his adorable features , as he almost whimpered to himself :
"I'd rather stop... Night in those kind of forest are scary... And I going to tire up...!"
He had a sudden frantic snort as if shaking away the vision of a terrifying situation.
Yuki then spoke up to a normal time for the first as if what he said was important to him.
"I would rather have us resting in some clearing than walking under the moon.. I... Would be less scared..."
As if it was a shamefull thing to say the lamb looked down to his feet and strenghen his grip of his shepherd staff.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

"I'll stay and camp, but I'm not gonna sleep." Acerbus didn't bother explaining the reason why. He leaned up against a tree and stared into the distance, unsure whether to make eye-contact with his allies or not. One of his arms was folded over the other as he waited patiently. "I'll probably sneak off at some point to go find something interesting. Staying in one place for too long isn't exactly my thing."

The satyr immediately lost himself in his own train of thoughts, curious as to what had piqued his interest yet. Tapping his foot to the ground, he began to hum while he was thinking. "Oh! The rune!" He suddenly said, satisfied that he actually found something other than the usual monsters and such.
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The sun begins to dip over the pink horizon, on the opposite horizon, the dim shining of stars can be seen slowly appearing... It will be almost night-time soon.

Looking up to he Human female that he apparently had chose to be the leader of himself if not to their little group, Yuki ask with a non hesitant voice for one :
"Milady , shall we stop here or look to a more fitted place to camp nearby ? I would suggest that we at least got away of the path as it may be walked by unpleasant people... However if we stay here, finding our pah in the morning will be easier, and the plane surface might be a plus for setting up.."
Crystal would think for a moment before saying,"Partially off the path would probably be best." While she had no reason to think that people would come up the path anytime soon given recent events, it was still better safe than sorry. With that Crystal would make her way off the path and scour the area for a particularly large tree and, upon finding it would carefully climb it until she reached the lowest stable branch. Testing it a few times for structural stability Crystal would pull out her travel tent and get to work. Instead of setting up the tent as normal they would instead see Crystal hammer the pitons for two corners into the branch she stood on. Grabbing the other two corners she would wrap her legs around the branch and concentrate. Once again strange sights and sounds would make themselves present only to her as her desire wove itself in her mind. To the others however they would see a dark purple energy unravel her arms, contorting the bones and muscles into quite the gruesome display as her arms grew longer and thinner. While it certainly didn't look comfortable it was very convenient as she reached to the next branch and hammered the pitons in, forming a wide hammock of sorts under the canopy of the tree. While her arms were still long Crystal would extend a hand down to her little ally.

"Would you like a hand friend?" While Crystal was certainly smiling, a healer such as Yuki could easily see the minor bruising that doing this caused her, but whether she felt it or not was another story.

The young sheperd bleated of surprise at the looks of those extended members dashing of by instinct before actually bowing down to the already higher up human.
"I am deeply sorry to say this but hum... could you just wait ten little minutes before boosting me up ? I want to do something.. Sorry to leave you .... Hanging !"
The sheep had a merry laugh before rasing his head up only to start someting strange..

As Crystal witnessed from above, the incubus started draw a perfect circle with the tree as it center. Then he pulled a small glass bocal filled with a strange white-grey powder out of his bindle.
Yuki then spread small handfull of that powder designing some weird symbols.
After the all turn was down, he took some of the flower he picked earlier and buried them under the rest of the bocal. He then planted his staff in the ground next to the tree and let out a long sighed as if he had done an exaustic task.
The cute caprine then turned back up to the human and smiled shyly while blushing.
"Is that offered you *handed* out earlier still stand ? I'm not a really got tree climber.."
Crystal would watch curiously as Yuki labored away, wondering what exactly they were doing. Probably something protective, but magic really wasn't their area of expertise. Whatever it was though, it looked really cool.

"Of course." Crystal would reply with a smile, extending both arms down to slowly and carefully lift Yuki up into the large hammock. Crystal had considered offering the same to her other ally, but they seemed content to explore the rune they discovered. With a heavy exhale Crystals arms would slowly start to pull themselves back together with bones and muscles realigning themselves. The process took a little longer than the initial process and left her rubbing her own arms to make sure everything was back in place, but everything looked okay. Satisfied, Crystal would take her pack off and lay it to one side of hammock, laying her head on it afterwards and relaxing.

After an overly respectuous bow to thank the woman for help, the young sheep tried to settle down as much as he could on the hammock, showing himself even more vulnerable than he already was as he had trouble to find his balance, gasping and bleating shortly of sudden distress as he kept falling on his back. Finally he gave up and stayed down, crawling carefully to look over the edge of the aerian base.
". . .so high.."
Crystal would giggle a little before saying,"Of course. This way we don't have tiny visitors in our sleep. Took only one snake to teach me this trick." Crystal would settle further before letting out a small sigh. She couldn't help but start thinking about their mission at hand, and if this small group of would be adventurers were even capable of taking down a Lich of all things. Crystal didn't even know everything about her own power, much less a power a Lich would have.

She'd turn her head to look at Yuki,"Hey Yuki, about this quest... Are you nervous?"

"Well I'm not a brave lonely ranger like our friend below there..."
The young doll looking sheep rose his azurean gaze up to the eyes of the young woman, his soft voice seeming a bit calmer as if he were lost in his thought, looking past her, far far away.
"Actually I'm terrified. Even more so than you can probably imagine..."
Crystal turned to her side and gave a small nervous laugh,"Yeah... Me too. But it's the right thing to do, and we'll find a way."

After saying this she would sit up and pull her shirt off from over her head, shaking out sand and dirt before brushing off her own body of the same sand. That was probably what made trying to rest uncomfortable. Regardless, she laid down and started to relax once more.

Yuki rose his arm above the air, wistling graciously as a small bird passed by. He stood still with his arm hanging until the feathered creature finally decided to land on his hand in order to listen to the wristler.
The lamb had a cheerfull smile and laid on his back while holding the bird high up in the air, rubbing its wings.
After a short time the bird decided to fly away and the sheperd decided it was time for him to rest, removing his tops in order to use his black whool jacket a as a warm blanket.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

Acerbus slid his coat off of his arms and hung it on the closest branch, leaving him in his pastel shirt and shorts. He even left his staff planted securely in the ground, directly under the hanged coat. Since he wasn't feeling anywhere near tired, he thought he could try and find something to practice magic on. With this, he inhaled and began to walk off the path in search of monsters.

A small, black flame lit up from the palm of his hand. It was more of a black light rather than a real flame, as the satyr's senses worked differently.
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Not one monster would be seen that night. Probably the village being attacked by The Lich scared em' off deeper into the forest...

The Sun drops over the horizon... and the stars glow dim...

The next morning arives... the sun hovering over the horizon just enough to call it daybreak...

The city in the distance supposedly where the Lich is in looks ever so ominous, maybe even more-so, in the dawning light of daybreak...

Yawning loudly as he wake up, the shepherd had a long pendiculation, looking more off a cat than a lamb on the moment, and then he opened his blue eyes just before letting a groan as a sole sunbeam got right into his eyes.
"aawh... Why is this always on me..." He muttered for himself before yawning once again and raising up .. before loudly falling back into the hammock, waking up the human by his bleating, alongside to all birds around...
"Bââââh ! oh Lord, I did forget about that..."
One thing was sure : Yuki was way more talkative this morning than the previous day..
Crystal couldn't help but laugh upon awakening to her noisy partner. A change of pace that Crystal appreciated for sure. The mornings looked so peaceful here. Least, that's what she'd say if she couldn't see their destination on the horizon. It gave Crystal a chill just thinking about it. Regardless, she stood up and walked towards the branch with her top in hand; shaking off excess sand that was still present on her skin. Maybe they'd find a spring on the way so she could properly bathe.

"Well whenever you're ready just stand next to me. I'll get this packed up and both of us brought back down." Crystal would say with a smile. Inside though she was considering how she would attempt to do it this time, as her arms are still sore from what she did last night.

"A..;Actually I would like that you let try something, before dropping us down..."
As he muttered this he looked down and had a big childish smile at the sight he found : the whole area he had circled was now covered in blue flowers he had burried earlier.
-"Aaaaah ! It worked ! they're so beautifull ! Look, look !"
He shouted, his face radiating with a childish smile of marvel and joy.
As if he could have grabbed one from up here he hanged his arm down at the little flower field while laughing like any other happy infant : maybe that small and fragile creature was just still a lamb after all.
A fit of giggles escaped Crystal as she watched her friend grab towards the flowers,"Alright, you can try it your way. What did you have in mind?" Honestly Crystal was excited to see what magic Yuki had in store for her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus