Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

Understading that Crystal had heard his mumbling the incubus stayed silent, meaning that her ideas weren't his.
Yuki did not turn around toward Tala whenhe answered her. Surprisingly his voice was calm and clear.
"Are you done ? Good... I didn't wanted to lecture you but I guess I need to : even though you're not human anymore you are still just as pathetic."
He coughed some more blood and sighed longly before continuing :
"First of all we never said we were heroes. The satyre came because he was bored, Lady Crystal went to prove herself ad find out was she is now, and I came here because I thought, no I hoped, this lich could help me. I still do.
We did not ask for your consideration and we don't want it. Hell, the people supposed to pay us are dead, we could legitimely walk away from this."
He coughed some more, his voice weakening a little as he held a hand on his chest.
"What happened to you and your family is terrible but that does not give you any right to put your desire for vengeance, because yes : it's vengeance, not justice, in our hands. If you want something done, do it yourself, don't rely on strangers to be "heroes". There is nothing such as a hero anyway : you're either brave long enough to do what is needed or you are forgotten."
The lamb resumed his walking throught the ruin of the town toward the lich's lare.
"One last advice if I may : If you're not strong enough to stay yourself on your own, then do not try to be a hero, you will only fail miserably. Weak being like us don't hold any right to ask something of stronger people, all we're allowed to do his implore silently and hope."
Helping himself of his staff, the young sheep hopped over some debris and followed the path leading to his target.
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The Lich has flown out of view, last they seen, it was heading north, most likely towards the city. All the while the towns people begun to rally. The Blacksmith is shouting at the top of his lungs. "This is the last time this happens! Everyone! In a week, we are going to march upon Stonehearth and slay the Lich! This is complete madness! The fools in there are liars which protect the menace!" The townspeople picked themselves back up, and continued on with their daily lives... for now.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

As Acerbus was traveling through the shadows, he'd appear at the top of trees briefly to check where he was. Every time his cloak would fade from him, he would get more frustrated over multiple things. He was most frustrated by how easily he lost the lich. Twisting and turning in his spot, he made note of his current position before ducking under the leaves.

"Q'erixag ragewaw ei'asewa die ragiaw qagi dikakiq, sew'e deuwibas." The satyr whispered, causing the oversized arachnid to crawl from his coat and drop into the tree. The blue tarantula hung from one of the branches by a thick string of web. Acerbus smiled in admiration, jumping from the tree and traveling through the shade once more.
Angrim (played by floatch)

Merrick leans on his horse slightly, listening to the rant of the young darkling and the following rebuttals by the remaining members of the group. He stays silent as they finish, and remounts his horse. He looks solemnly over the smoldering debris of the small town and the villagers scrambling around amongst it. He looks back down on the others. "Perhaps it was not the most noble or heroic thing, surrendering, but I knew that if the others had surrendered and I charged in myself, I surely would have lost my life. Now, what is our new plan of action? Continue in out pursuit of the Lich and the satyr, who we seem to have lost? Or some other route?"
Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

Did this fool just not listen to what I said about my family? Beta started to chuckle loudly at Yuki's idiocy.

"You obviously did not listen well enough, nor did you think. I just said "it happened to my family too.""
She then walked closer to the incubus til she was two feet behind him.
"It does not make me desire for vengeance, for I also said that I wanted to "stop the madness,"" she said whilst quoting herself for the second time.
"I truly desired for the Lich to be vanquished, but only to stop his reign of terror and to save my family. They did not escape from his clutches like I did. No, they are probably still slaving away within his quarters. They could have been executed by now for all I know. Information doesn't exactly get past those walls." She stayed calm the whole time, trying to stay calm the while.
"And you say I'm not strong enough? You haven't seen me until the forest. I managed to battle my way through the Lich's guards, and not only that, but I escaped. I have seen plenty of death, some of which I dealt. I long for the freedom of my friends and family each night, praying that they still are be. I used my own self to gather knowledge through my own ways. I was in town that day, right when you arrived. I dismissed you as nothing more than visitors, but back in the forest, I saw that you put everyone's burden on yourself. Even mine. That alone shows that you are strong, young lamb."
"You have the potential to be a hero, I just know it. And with Crystal, her strength goes great measures. She too has the potential. You two can do great things. You have yet to stray afar from your herd."
"I'd like to top it off with a question of my own; what do you mean that the Lich could be able to help you?"
Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

"I hoped this creature would be strong enough to kill me. And I was wrong, this Lich is even weaker than me, which is a disappointment."
Yuki didn't stop walking toward the castle.
"And I'm not strong, the man wh created those items is. I'm just so weak that he gave them to me."
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The sun begins to set, as a pink horizon meets the sky. It will be dusk soon. Better find a place to rest, or... keep going.

The clouds over the distant city have completely vanished, and the thundering has gone silent...

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus