Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Tala Ume Lesonee (played by Cheese)

Her own two Spanish Red orbs... they became quite bewitched by his two Azure jewels... and what she saw in that one second only were many things; a loss in aspiration, depression, and most importantly, beautiful gems. She nearly recoiled, but the position she did hold.

The words he said next was painful. They instantly made her pity him. Sorrow was slowly filling her heart. Her ears picked up on him asking for a punishment if she deemed it necessary. The darkling knew what she would do, but it was to only cheer him up.

Crystal... so that is her name... huh. Tala looked over at the person, if she even knew if Crystal was a human. Her gaze lasted for two seconds before shifting back to Yuki. "Alright... I'll give you a punishment..." she would then move a hand under Yuki's chin and force him to look up into her Spanish Red gemstones. She then proceeded to raise her other hand near his face, preferably his nose. The darkling would curl her index finger inward. Boop! She had just flicked Yuki on his nose. She then smiled sweetly and innocently at him. That was her punishment.
Angrim (played by floatch)

Merrick dismounts from his horse in one fluid motion and drops to the ground. "Sorry if I've frightened anyone... Didn't mean to, I promise..." he says over his shoulder while rummaging through his saddlebag while his horse snorts and paws the ground.
"You lot need any medical supplies? I've got plenty." He turns away and observes the group. "Oh, I should probably take this off." He removes his helmet, revealing a face that is visibly toughened and scarred by strife, and ready to deliver justice by steel and flesh and force, but one that also holds the capacity for kindness and compassion.

"Anyone in need?"
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

He sighed upon grabbing his coat. The spiders were dangling from webs attached to the coat, waiting for a signal. They all dropped to the ground once Acerbus put his coat on, all except a particular arachnid that had made its home in the coat. Fran was a cobalt blue tarantula, with a noticeable heart dyed on the fur of her abdomen. The tarantula crawled from its hiding spot and rested on the satyr's shoulder, whispering news to him.

Acerbus kicked the staff out of place, causing the spell he had put on it earlier to break midway. He cautiously picked it up, not wanting to harm the nearby spiders. Once obtained, he turned and started to walk back to the rest of the group. "I know, I know. Sorry." He grumbled to Fran.
Agnel BlanCrin (played by SnowDust)

"A mere mockery seems quite lighht to atone for what I deed, is that your final decision ?..." the lamb whispered to the young woman's attention in an even more lifeless voice, his eyes still as cold as the bottom of tear ocean.
As he looked upon the knight, the silent expression he wore on his young face didn't even change for a second, as if he didn't see past the bloodlust he felt earlier, but was just waiting with fatality for whatever would happen next, following th knight mouvements with his two blue pearls.

"Why," she then moved over to his ear and whispered into it, "of course it is. A mistake is a mistake even if it is out of false accusations. You couldn't take it anymore, so you had to vent. You controlled yourself in the end too. But either way, I wouldn't try to harm anyone unless their hearts are tainted with evil. Even though I myself am a user of the Dark Arts, I am not like the rest. I actually care. So please, accept this punishment and go back to your true self, please?" With that, she would pull away from him and stand up to face the now identified man.

"I think that you should ask these people this, not me at all." The still unidentified darkling would step off to the side so that Yuki and the group could respond.

Tala heard some kind of twisted desperate laugh though it sounded to loud to be yuki's... "ha, as if there were hearts that xeren't tainted with darkness..."
The lamb almost rose himself... but landed back to the ground without a flinch. Used to it, probably. His shy and scared natural voice whispered an answer to the knight, thought he oubviously didn't even look at him.
"We were supposed to kill the Lich King... But I don't know if this group and its goal still exist..."
Throughout all that happened Crystal couldn't help but be stunned. Magic was not her strong suit and, through the minor pains had reformed her hand back to normal. Deep down she felt at blame for Yuki's explosion, but now felt it best to let this newcomer handle it. After all Crystal didn't know anything about demons or dark arts or anything like that... All she knew was cha-

The Knight arrived as things started to calm, with Yuki explaining their mission half heartedly,"Yes, we were all sent to do what we could go kill the Lich, but our careless ally yonder harmed himself in the night. Thankfully it appears he's alright, and is much more content to do as he pleases. As much as introductions are in order, we should really move on and talk at the same time. Time is of essence after all."

Crystal felt bad, even now, not knowing what to do in this situation. But how could she? She only recently obtained the power she has and still doesn't fully understand what she can do. A single tear would drop from her eye shaped like a small pebble. In fact, what she had cried was in fact a small pebble, but after rubbing at her eyes and continued to walk towards the Liches city.

With some sort of fatalist look on hs cute lamb face, Yuki grabbed his staff and walked behind the woman, silently and with an obscure docility.
As a last word to the two newcomers he shyly and quietly muttered :
"It seems we are moving ahead now,so I guess this is farewell..." his blue eyes averted the young girl ashe walked away, following Lady Crystal from a remorsfull distance.
Reader (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Suddenly, in the distance,the city the Lich was supposedly in, had a large storm forming over it. The storm is violent, raining down what seems to be vibrant blue lightning from the clouds... That looks like it's not anything good...

Unbeknownst to Yuki and Crystal, the first newcomer was using Umbrageous Teleportation a far off distance away from them. She was sort of following them by going on her own path. After hearing that their group was heading off to slay that foul fiend, The devilish Lich King.., she had to come along. The darkling had to destroy the Lich King. If it wasn't for him... her family and her would be as they used to be. She soon proceeded to come out of the shadows. The darkling had to take a breather to calm down as she rested against a nearby tree. "If it wasn't for it... my family... they would have been free. And I wouldn't have been transformed into a new entire thing..." A tear ran down her cheek, with others soon following. They dribbled down and under her chin by which they would drip. Her face grew dark soon afterwards. The darkling curled up into a ball and wept. "Damn you Lich King!" She cursed and wailed at the same time loudly.
Acerbus (played by Guladomi)

"This... something feels off. I'll be here, just call if something goes wrong." Acerbus clutched his staff, holding it close to his chest. Fran crawled away into the pocket on the inside of his coat, startled by the strange clouds. He backed away from the group and turned behind a tree, not wanting to be watched as he vanished into the shadows. The satyr's form was overcome by what appeared to be a thick ink-like substance before it faded, creating a cloak over him that made him almost completely invisible. Although temporarily invisible, certain parts of his silhouette could be seen if one focused hard enough. In this state he was only able to watch and listen to his allies, but not talk. If something were to happen to the others, at least he could try to help.
Crystal would sigh from the stress of the moment as more pebbles started to flow from her eyes as a small trail of them could be seen where she walked. After rubbing her eyes it stopped as she looked towards Yuki.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't help you Yuki but... This is a world that I'm still not entirely familiar with. What I can tell you though is that I am not a demon, nor do I think you are. As a friend once told me there is a price for power, and until I learn how to fully control my own I suppose I'll pay for it. But I do not want you to blame yourself for my misfortune. The pain I feel is my choice through everything I cast, and I don't want you blaming yourself for my choices. You're my ally, and I will protect you, Acerbus, and even our new allies here if they're joining us." Crystal stretched out her arms and looked towards the city,"I am no longer a spectator of the cruelties in reality, I am actively working to stop it. Even if my role is just to get you all a little bit closer that's more than enough for me."
Angrim (played by floatch)

Merrick remounts his horse and follows them a short ways.
"The Lich King?!" he exclaims when the two group members bring it up. "I am on the hunt for that damned unholy thing as well... I've been on it's trail for months now and I..."
He trails off and looks off into the distance as lighting begins bolting to earth from dark clouds hovering over the distant city. It seems like his face changes immediately, becoming a grimace, with a rage brewing behind it. He mutters something and takes his helmet from off of his saddlebag and slides it onto his head, hiding his face yet again. "We'd best move fast. The Lich's got a nasty habit of slipping away quickly."

"I envy you Lady Crystal, you're still young enough to still have hope in this world... I wish I still have those kind of desillusions sometimes, so that I could keep trying to change this world...
The merry caprine from the beginning of the trip was gone now, as it seems Yuki did't have the strengh to fake a smile nor a laugh.
And cherry on the poisonned cake : lighting ! The one thing that never failed to terrify him, no matter how far away.. It wasn't the flashes that scared him, but the sound of the thunder itself that made him shivers right down to his very tourmented soul.
As a result, the lamb curled on his staff, looking down the path in silence as he followed with precision the steps of Crystal, trying to retain a jump a fear at eatch and every one of the lightnings.
Slowly the sheep let his senses get dull, isolating himself in his empty thoughts, the two azurean eyes staring at nothing, making him advance by sheer animal instinct.

Suddenly, a pulsing pain entered her head. This only happens when the darkling is in a weak state of mind like this. It gradually got more and more painful. This is the result of being turned into a darkling by the Lich King. When she shows signs of a weak mind, some force will attempt to take control.

The darkling would quickly rise to her feet holding her head. She would hunch over before facing towards the sky, eyes closed. She would then let out a bloodcurdling scream, which would stir up some of the wildlife in the forest. It was loud enough that the group she was following would be able to hear the screech of pure terror and pain. Please... don't come, get away! she would think, hoping that the group would avoid it rather than seeking her out.

(akward 'two-day-long' silence...?)

(Indeed.)

(It is rather silent, and I'm waiting on at least one of you guys to respond or not, sorry if I sound needy)
As soon as Crystal heard the scream she was internally at odds. On one hand, they were delayed enough as is to stopping the Lich and helping all those who lost their lives. In the other, what's the point of fighting for a cause to help people if she won't help one in need right now. With a frustrated sigh Crystal started to run towards the scream, wanting, no... Needing, to help. She didn't know why this was a debate originally, when before she'd help at a moments notice. No no no! Now is not the time to soul search, someone needs Crystals' help.

(Thank you Bestdragon.)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Tale Of Winter

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus