Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vampire Hunt (Open)

Kai's bad temper resolved itself when he fed on an unsuspecting human. Feeling better, he headed back to the initial group as his thoughts turned back to Shintaro. That guy had seen him enough to nod at him in the dark when the others hadn't. What was with him?

He grinned to himself, deciding to test the man. Never mind what he was; it all came down to the test. So he made sure to approach Shin from behind--and sprinted forward at his unnatural speed.
"I suppose I do. No worries you will get your chance at him soon enough. I have little doubt he is smart enough to leave you alone. People with something to prove rarely miss out on a chance to die." Shin looked at Emily grinned.

"Based on his level of eagerness to fight an opponent of unknown power. I am sure he will be back soon enough. So in the mean time let us adjourn to a more secluded area. I saw a decent enough spot for you to disembowel him over at the other side of town." Shin simply pointed the way and started to walk.

Shin walked for a while reaching the edge of town. As he did he could hear the sound of something running from behind. Based on the speed and direction he could only assume one thing. He turned his head slightly and caught Kai out the corner of his eye running. The man seemed to be sprinting at a good click. So it wold be easy enough to dodge him. Shin was still not fully sure who the man was gunning for. Yet it really did not matter getting hit at that speed would be annoying even if he had hit someone before colliding with himself.

"Sigh... I think I hear your target returning now." Shin with a bit of aggravation in his voice. He had hoped that he had been wrong and the idiot would indeed forget about the fight and move on. Fighting was something he enjoyed but it was a waste of effort if he was not going to get anything out of it.

In the time it takes to blink shin had made a shadow image of himself and taken three large steps away concealing himself in the shadow. Making sure to place the image over a decent sized stone in the road. This way if he was the target he had hoped that the runner would either leap into the shadow image and a few feet through it or, if nothing else trip on the rock and take a good tumble.
Even running at full-speed, Kai could see that his intended target wasn't planning on moving out of the way. Before that, he'd caught a strange glimpse of something. He didn't know what--but he came to a halt, just shy of running into Shin. Or what should have been Shin.

Kai scowled and thrust his hand into (onto?) the shadow image and then looked around. "What are you?" he asked, poking his hand through the shadow copy. "And what's with this?"
Shin rose up from Kai's shadow using the buildings shadow as a gateway. He stood behind kai and watched him look at the shadow illusion. He pondered for a moment wondering if it would just be easier to kill him now or if toying with him would be more fun.

"What am I? That is an interesting question. Let me get back to you on that one." He mused wondering how much Kai really knew about the world. For a vampire he was not well versed on other races.

"As to the shadow illusion. It is a very basic illusion. Someone needs to read a book." He smirked still not sure what to make of a man who would challenge something upon introduction. While also not having even simple grasp on basic illusions. The illusion faded away almost like dust blowing in the wind.

"It is not much further to the spot I spoke of. If you still want to fight. I am sure that she is still ready to fight." Shin looked to Emily while continuing to walk. He had hoped they would fight if nothing else it would give him a chance to study there fighting skills. Maybe even loot a corpse depending on how serious it got.

)(Yes into like a hologram)(
Kai flinched and turned to regard Shintaro warily when the shadow image vanished. "It is not often that I prey upon gifted mortals; I am merely...curious."

He shrugged and any aggression he had displayed seemed to vanish. "I do not particularly wish to fight Emily; I was simply intrigued by her, ah, acquaintance." That much was true. Besides, if he really wanted an upperhand, he would simply have switched targets at the last minute. He rubbed his neck where the vampire had turned him, wondering briefly when life had gotten complicated.
Emily (played by wolfkill11)

Emily laughed at him " yeah i can't believe you can fight any more! " She hissed at him circling around. Two people who were some what magical. It was very complicated.
Kai shook his head, a grin twitching on his face. "I can fight; but it's almost too easy now." With that he turned his back to her and walked away. "Besides, you weren't the one I was originally after. It's that other...vampire." The word dropped from his mouth with bitterness. "I need to find out how he kept half his humanity."

Emily gritted her teeth and closed her fist. She immadently flew at him and punched his nose. SHe pinned him down turning into a tiger and snarling " WHAT! " She said as her claws sunk into his arms. She snapped her teeth in the air and kept him down
She would have punched his nose, if he hadn't dodged at the last moment. He couldn't avoid her sheer size however when she turned into a tiger. "Damn it!"

He growled as her claws sank into his flesh. "I don't need to fight you! What do you want from me?" He lay where he was pinned, not trying to fight back wherein his arms would merely get more shredded.

Emily snarled at him and looked. She stood up and flashed into a Neko. " To get away. And what did i tell you, take me instead of them. I have powers that nobody have seen "
"I'll say," Kai muttered, sitting up and rubbing his arms. The puncture wounds closed up, but his trenchcoat had become holier--er, full of yet more holes. "How many times can you shape shift before you get stuck? Why not just be a cute little neko and then spring upon the first willing victim you can lure away?"

Emily just looked at him " Because! See i can shape shift forever and not get stuck but i prefer to be a tiger. Special a snow or darkness one " She said as she grabbed his hand and helped him up. He almost flew in the air because of her strenght " Sorry. " She said embaressed by her strenght
"Very impressive," Kai grinned and was not too terribly displeased by her strength at helping him to his feet. "Thanks," he said, stumbling forward until he caught his balance.

"So, shape shifting queen is it?" he said half questioning, half impressed; an idea slowly taking shape.

Emily nodded " Yes, i have a kingdom, and then a vampire princess. " Her eyes watched him half confused and happy. She was not sure about him being so impressed he had not seen anything yet
Kai nodded, his mind made up. "Very well." He suddenly swept the tail of his trench coat out behind him and knelt before her. "May I offer my services to your needs--whatever they may be?"

His head tilted slightly down, he wouldn't notice her facial expression until she said something.

Emily looked at him shocked " What are you planing! " She hissed confused
His face was schooled into perfect innocence when he looked up. "I am planning nothing. Do you not wish my allegiance to your cause?"

Emily looked and nodded " Very well then "
Kai nodded and stood up again; he flapped the bottom half of his trenchcoat to shake off any crud he might have collected.

"I am glad." One problem solved, another one gained. Such was life. He turned back to look at Shin. "Do you two know each other...or did I interrupt something?"

Emily smiled at him. So nice, kind, strong, and brave. She then stepped back snappin into reality, he hates me. She thought silently

She looked at him " um.... Maybe. Wait yeah! "

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Vampire Hunt (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus