Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Chris Sanders (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

"Ha, I got it," Chris said, recoiling the wire and collecting the AI core. "Jim, what have you learned about taking things that don't belong to you?"

Jim returned slowly. "I just wanted to see what would happen. I didn't think it would mutate my robot. I wonder if I gave it more-"

"Jim! Stop, it's not funny." Chris interrupted. "It's a broken AI. It'll destroy probably everything. So please, don't do that again. If you want an AI so badly, you can borrow CD if she permits it."

Jim looked over at CD. "Really?"
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45)

CD changes back to her car form and backs up beside Chris. ''I'd rather like to stay intact and not be tested on thankyouverymuch.'' She hissed. ''The FF was scared, because it awoke to find itself here.''

Chris sighed. "Unfortunately that's really what happens with most AIs. They're cavorted places and then expected to set to work without figuring out where they are or what they're supposed to do. It's a bad thing all around."

Jim sighed. "Fine, fine, I understand. I'll go look for a working AI that isn't defective."

Aaron slowly slid off 54's nose and landed on the ground. "Is it safe? Is it off?"

''The FF is an odd craft. It was built for a plane body, which means it's used to flying. Bill worked on it long ago and thats what got it to be so messed up. It needs a body that it can control. Like 54. She can't see anything, but she can hear us and tell we're here. The FF, though, is an prehistoric core that hasn't learned that it doesn't need to be so harsh to those that try helping it.'' CD inquired.

''Chances are the FF is struggling to get it's lost memory.'' 54 grumped, changing back to car for, once Aaron was off. ''But the main question we face is how to get it to come to it's sense and not attack us. It's core is so charged up it can ko a car or destroy it with ease.''

Aaron shrugged. "Why not give it a small robot body again and try to communicate with it. If it can morph into something aggressive, just give it the smallest thing you have. That way you can control it. Just a thought."

Chris shrugged. "But that leaves us at square one. Where do we get such a-"

Jim grinned. "I know just the thing. Wait here." He ran back to the house.

''Oh dear..What is he getting now? Not like what he gets will be deadly..''

"Honestly, with Jim, you never know what you're going to get--except maybe a defective product." Chris muttered.

Jim returned a few minutes later toting a hand-sized miniature robot. "Will this work? It's the smallest thing I have--and I removed what weapons it originally had so they couldn't be used."

Chris glanced at CD. "Well? It is small."

''But will the core fit into it?''

"It doesn't need to fit into it, it can be strapped onto the back that way it's easier to remove if it gets to be too much." Chris looked up at Jim. "Is this okay? You might lose this one too."

Jim shrugged. "It'll be worth it. Go on, hook it up."

With a sigh, Chris did precisely that, using a rubberband to hold the AI Core in place. If it got too hot and melted the band, it would fall off the robot and disconnect. A handy failsafe, surely.
Fear Flyer (played by Kyra45)

The core sparks violently, and the bot turns into a dog of the same size though all it had was the body and a few loose jagged bits of metal on the tail. The FF barks furiously at Jim, the core still held by a rubber band on it's back.

"Aww," Chris said, even as Jim glared at the tiny, palm-sized dog.

"Hey! You should be thanking me! I got you a body--which you could keep if you stopped trying to kill everything in your path. The war is over.There's no reason to be all up in arms."

The FF barks still.

''Uuuh...Maybe it needs speakers...'' CD inquired, eyeing the barking terror.

"Does it even know how to talk?" Chris inquired, but Jim pulled out a handful of wires and handed them over.

"You can probably wire it to CD or 54's speakers," Jim offered.

Chris nodded. "You mind if we borrow your speakers, CD?" He'd glanced over at 54 and figured that between Aaron's clingy-ness and Jim's penchant for trouble, she'd not want a part in this.

CD snorts. ''As long your make it safe.'' She replied. ''But sure.''

Chris carefully stripped both ends of the wire and then slipped one end into the speaker and the other against the AI core. "Alright, FF, let's see if this works."

''Grr!'' The FF's staticy harsh voice said, crackling. ''There is always a war going on. No on notices it until it's too late!'' It hissed.

Chris grinned at the success of the FF communicating. "Well, technically, yes. But at this precise moment, there is no war. We're at peace with each other and ourselves."

He paused and then said: "I'm Chris. I work with AIs and fix them up. You're using CD's speaker right now, because she was nice enough to permit me. So you should thank her."

The FF hisses loudly. ''Where am I?''

"Uh, you're in the United States, in Carsonville, Nevada. It's the year 2068. You're also currently attached to a tiny little robot that's hardy the size of my hand, and you're currently wired to CD's speaker--CD being another AI who is currently in car form."

Chris paused and took a breath. "Does that answer your question?"

The FF growls. ''2068? The war was in 2045....'' It hissed, looking at the ground. ''.....''

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus