Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Chris Sanders (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Jim almost laughed. "It's a plane, so no. Unless you want us to hook up a small speaker? But that'll give you a teeny voice." He glanced at Chris. "Can you do that?"

Chris sighed. "If it's necessary--but I don't have a spare set of speakers. Let alone small ones."

Jim thought for a moment. "Maybe headphones? I've got some small ones that we could repurpose. Let me go get 'em."
Fear Flyer (played by Kyra45)

''As long as I can talk...'' It hissed.

Chris got to work hooking up the AI to the prop plane and Jim returned shortly with the headphones. Chris took the headphones apart, and then superglued the teeny speakers to the underside of the wings, before wiring them into the AI core.

At last, he stood back and nodded satisfactorily. "Alright, turn it on."

Jim flicked a switch at the back of the plane and then turned on the controller in his hand. Whether the AI would override the radio signal from the controller, they were about to find out.

"Jim to FF, do you read, over?" Jim inquired.

The tiny speakers crackle loud before the staticy voice of the war torn AI comes through loud and clear. ''I can hear you loud and clear, sir.''

Jim grinned and a laugh escaped. "Would you like to try flying? Over."

Chris rolled his eyes at Jim's radio-talk. But he was pleased that it worked. He looked at CD. "How long do you think this is going to last?" he asked the AI car/robot.
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45)

''Depends on how long the FF can fly.'' She snorts. ''It's bigger form relied on propellers to lift it due to the timing of the core and such. It's engines were numerous, and held rations of fuel.'' CD inquired.

The single propeller spins slowly, blueish lines visible on it's edges as the core scanned the small plane, but had not yet overidden the controls for it.

Jim was beaming like a kid at Christmas with the toy he always wanted. "Alright, I'm gonna give you a helping hand here." He pushed the controls forward, causing the propeller to spin faster and the plane to move forward. Once it got up to speed, it would naturally start to rise.

Chris watched, tracking the plane's movement. "I guess we're lucky that it runs on battery power then. No fuel reserves unless the battery is replaced or recharged."

Aaron watched as well, with huge eyes. "I can't believe what I'm seeing," he muttered.

The plane began to rise as the FF found the hidden flaps, allowing it to rise early with the proppeller spinning. ''See the tiny flaps?'' It asked as it flew off the surface.

Chris grinned. "Yes, that was a perfect take-off."

Jim laughed. "Oh man, this is better than the remote control part!" He took his hands off the controls, letting FF take over for the moment. "You maybe wanna try to land before you get too overzealous?"

The FF zooms around before landing back on the surface, or trying to. It instead crashed through a window and tumbled to the floor.

"Not the window!" Jim yelled, but it was too late. He rushed into the room where FF had crashed.

"Hey, FF, you okay there?" He picked up the plane to look it over for damage. There were a few shards of glass in the prop and wings, but otherwise it looked okay. It didn't look too badly damaged. And it certainly wasn't the first time it had gone through a window.

The speakers crackled lightly. ''Agh...I think...''

Jim reattached one of the wires that had come loose, though not entirely off, and then tightened the rubberband holding the AI core onto the plane.

"Well, you're still in one piece, so that's good. You wanna give it another shot? Er, try?"

"Maybe you should try it out in the empty lot, instead," Chris piped up. "That would be better in terms of not landing through windows."

''Wheres the lot at?'' It asked, the prop dented a bit from crashing.

"Behind Jim's house. Honestly Jim, why didn't you think of that first?" Chris asked, whapping the back of Jim's head.

"Hey! I'm sorry, you could have brought it up earlier." He tweaked the propeller a bit, to straighten it out. "There."

Chris went back to tell CD, 54, and Aaron where they were headed. Aaron merely snorted. "I'm staying with 54," he said.
54 groweled, and her metal turns permafrost cold. ''Go watch them.''
Aaron Mauston (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Aaron yelps as his hands and butt burn from the cold, where he'd been leaning against 54.

"Okay okay, but promise me you won't drive off."
She changes to her cat form and bumps him up to the two with a snort. ''I promise.''
Aaron Mauston (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

"Fine." He trails after Chris and Jim, pausing only once to glance over his shoulder at 54. When he turned back to follow Chris and Jim, he grinned. "I think she likes me," he said.

Chris rolled his eyes. "Or you annoy her."

Jim snorted. "Whatever, I can't wait to see FF's perfect landing. I wonder if you can do a barrel roll." The last part was directed to FF.

''I could, but it requires concentration. It was fun to do when I was bigger so everyone riding me got spun...''

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus