Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Chris Sanders (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

"Well, no time like the present to try," Jim encouraged.

Chris just shook his head. "You might want to focus first on landing, then you can attempt tricks and spins. Remember, you only have one propeller."
Fear Flyer (played by Kyra45)

''One makes it harder..''

Chris smiled and stepped back, nearly running into Aaron who had caught up to them at last.

Aaron crossed his arms and looked at FF. "You sure this thing can fly?"

Jim glared over at Aaron. "It did earlier--through the window even. We've got more space out here, though so hopefully we can land better."

Aaron snorted. "I guess even AI's need time to develop their landing skills." He received a glare from Chris along wth a gesture telling him to shut up.

''Aaron, I will say that the I am an expert flyer. I am the Fear Flyer, designed long ago to fall planes with ease. If you insult me one more time I will show you how I earned my title.'' Tje FF sneered, propeller buzzing lightly in annoyance.

Chris elbowed Aaron in the gut, cutting off another smart-aleck comment from the racer. "Stop it, you're only going to make things worse."

Aaron closed his mouth with a grunt. "Fine. Show us your real skills, Fear Flyer."

The FF flew off once in the clearing. It did flips and whirls..The something shorted out and it slammed prop first into the ground. Hard.

Aaron winced at the impact, even as Chris and Jim sprinted for the downed plane.

"Fear Flyer!" Jim yelled, sliding to a stop on his knees. "What happened?"

"I told you that you should have practiced landing first." Chris said, checking the connections and finding the short out. "It looks like the AI overloaded the battery and the speakers."

"Can you fix it?" Jim asked.

"Just get me another battery and yes." Jim was off and running to get another battery as Aaron just chuckled.

The FF was deathly silent, the front cracked at the wings crippled.

"Forget that, we're gonna need an entirely new plane." Unfortunately, Jim was one step ahead of him, or maybe several.

Jim came back lugging this huge contraption that he claimed was a plane. "Here guys, wire him up to this."

Chris' eyes bulged. "What is that?"

"It's a remote control plane. My dad's." Jim added proudly. "Wire him up."

"But--"

"Wire him!"

Chris reluctantly did so, thinking all the while that this would be a really bad idea. Aaron just looked on, shaking his head with a knowing smile on his lips.

As Chris wired the FF up the core pulsed dimly, upset from crashing constantly.

Chris looked at Jim. "First things first, you teach him how to land--you know what. I'll do it. Here, gimme that." He snatched the controls out of Jim's hands.

"Hey! You don't even know how to pilot! And that's my dad's. If you crash it--"

"Then don't crash it and teach FF how to land," Chris retorted.

Jim subsided. "Fine. I'll do that." He waited for Chris to finish and quickly ran through all the flaps and motor controls for the controller. "Okay, FF, just hold on and enjoy the flight..."

The FF snorts, but lets Jim do his thing, sighing sadly.

Jim easily set the controls and the flaps and the plane took off smoothly. He circled the plane around once, his face set in determination. "Alright, FF, I'm gonna show you how to land; take notes."

He set the flaps and decreased the speed of the dual wing propellers. The plane dropped into a landing, bouncing once or twice on its three wheels. Jim frowned. "You could probably do it better than I can; but do you think you can do it now?"

''HMPH...Maybe.'' The FF grumbled. ''Think so?''

Jim grinned. "Are you the most fearsome fighter plane in the sky or aren't you? I think you can do it if you put your mind to it--er, AI core."

Chris rolled his eyes but crossed his arms to see what Fear Flyer would do.

The AI core overrode the remote as the propeller started to spin until the FF begans to roll forward gradually. It soon reached a short speed and lifted up into the air with ease, moving the flaps when needed. It circled around before it returned to land.

The air tensed as the FF headed to the ground carefully, following what Jim had done, until...

rolled 1d4 and got 3
1. FF lands. 2. FF crashes slightly. 3. FF almost hits Chris. 4. FF runs over Jim.

Chris yelped and dove out of the way, hearing raucous laughter from Aaron who found the whole thing hilarious.

"Oh my god, you guys are trying to teach a plane AI how to fly and land. That is the most ironic thing ever!" Aaron was doubled over, not noticing or caring that both Chris and Jim were shooting glares at him.

Chris pulled himself to his feet again. "You almost had it, Fear Flyer. Next time, aim for Aaron."

Jim wiggled the controls on his remote. "Uh, I don't have control, Fear Flyer. So you're gonna have to gain more speed quickly or land suddenly."

Too late

The FF veered off course and crashed into Aaron from the battery going dead. Owch.

Aaron's laughter was cut off sharply as the plane flew into him, flattening him onto the ground.

Jim ran over, more concerned about the plane than Aaron. Indeed, even Chris was helping to lift the plane off Aaron, though he checked for damage to the flaps and propellers before asking Aaron if he was okay.

"Yeah, peachy," Aaron muttered, dusting himself off to find he had a few bruises from the collision.

Jim checked the battery and then pulled out a spare. "Not to worry. I thought this might happen." He fit the spare into the slot.

The propellers and such were still intact, though one flap had got sheared off from impact.

The FF stirs back on, the propllers spinning jaggedly from jarred systems. ''Urrgh..What happened?''

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus