Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Elder's head went into his hands and he cried long and hard right then and there. ''The only one that survived was my son.''
Sterling dropped the hem of his shirt. It was just as well he had finished dressing and he turned to look at Hybrid in horror. "My god, Hybrid. Where is he now?"

''A mental hospital because he's been traumatized from seeing the accident. He saw me get dragged away, and his mom get took to the hospital where she died. His sister was kill instantly.''
Sterling opened and then shut his mouth again. He had no idea what to say. And he felt he'd overused his quotient of "I'm Sorry" in this one day alone.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" he offered hesitantly.

''His name is Monric Eldeas, if anyone ever spoke of it...''
"Monric Eldeas," Sterling repeated the name a few times, lodging it into his memory. "No, I haven't heard that particular name. But I'll keep an ear out for it."

''He's about 30 now, an Archer...Born with grey hair..''
"An archer?" Sterling's brow quirked at the thought. But the grey hair didn't even ring any bells...at least not right away. "How old were they when the attack happened?"

''About 17ish. I scratched his chest badly but he managed to survive it.''
"That's good. About surviving. Wait, you attacked them?" Somehow he'd missed that crucial bit of information.

''Yes.....I attacked him...My only son. I went berzerk..And he just happened to be there..''
Sterling put his hand once again on Hybrid's shoulder. "At least he survived. Don't beat yourself up over it. You've been through a lot, Hybrid Elder. More than anyone ever should have to go through."

''He hates me, though. He won't ever come to me because he knows I'm not the father he used to love!''
"No son could ever hate his father. You're just different and he's scared." He squeezed Hybrid's shoulder. "And you need to give yourself time to heal as well. You're not exactly the same guy you used to be."

''I've been this for years now. Your the only person that didn't flee in terror after you stabbed my shoulder and choked me with an axe blade.''
He wasn't going anywhere any time soon. Which was fine, because he wasn't keen on moving with his side the way it was.

"Well, I was also trying to kill you. And considering you've stabbed me in return, I think we're square."

''But all the times I've hurt you were on accident, mostly. I can barely keep myself from going crazy. I've got countless scars from years being in that areana when they used spears and swords to attack me with. My son wasn't wanting to fight me but my wife told him he had to.''
Sterling nodded. "As I've said, you've been through a lot. You need time to decompress and come to terms with who and what you are. Not to be callous, but if you don't accept yourself for what you are, no one else will. And from what I've seen, you're a good guy. You just need to rediscover yourself."

He rubbed the back of his neck. He didn't do well with these types of speeches. He much preferred action to reflection; and abstract concepts were hard enough for him to understand, let alone pass onto someone such as Hybrid.

''Easy for you to say. You don't have blades.'' His ears hung a bit. ''I'm a good guy until I killed people.''
"If it was in self-defense, then you have an excuse, Hybrid. I kill demons, vampires, and werewolves for a living. The last two are technically humans, though no longer mortal. I'm a killer, but I kill so that humans can live without fear..."

Yeah, it made sense to him in his head.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus