Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The odd hunter (open)

Monric Eldeas (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''All the rejected bolts here were dipped in it. But these bolts don't fly good so they were put in the box to be sent to the garbage dump. Why don't you turn around and leave before I kick you out myself?'' Monric grumped, pointing the armed crossbow at Sterling harshly. ''Your so foolish to get here anyway. Only master and elite hunters like I are allowed to even get in. You befriend the enemies!''
"Is that right. Fine then, I'll just take one for the road." Sterling side-stepped the crossbow aimed at him and drew out one of the bolts. He only just got hold of it before lunging at Monric, intending to scratch him with the tranq dart.

Monric let out a startled gasp, caught off-guard as the bolt scratched him and he fired his bolt at Sterling blindly with a shout, stopping breifly to see if it hit its target at all.

rolled 1d4 and got 2
1. Hits Sterlings leg 2. Hits Sterlings knee 3. Misses entirely 4. Grazes past Sterlings knee

Sterling yelled as fiery hot pain lanced up his leg. It was nearly debilitating, but he knew what it was from. "You shot me!" He grabbed the whole thing of crossbow bolts, ready to tackle Monric to the ground if the tranq didn't take effect.

If it did, Sterling would be hobbling for the exit with said crossbow bolts, and aiming for the meet-up point where he'd meet up with Kori.

Monric wavered from the scratch and collapsed in a heap, out cold asleep. He still stunk, but the cause was easily seen to be the werewolf paw mark on is right hand, hidden by a piece of cloth that attached to the crossbow he held.

Kori flew back to the entrance, the guards lost in a corn maze miles away.
He paused upon seeing the mark of the wolf on Monric's arm. He really should finish the man off here and now, but he was in too much pain to think much about it.

Sterling made it to the clearing and collapsed. His leg no longer able to bear his weight and the blood trailing down his calf was not good. "Come on, Kori, where are you?" He looked up at the sky, waiting.
Korilana Larvonte (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Kori swooped down out of the sky and snatched Sterling up before landing in a medical hut built not too far away from the town. They set him inside with a foot and looked at him worriedly with a chirp. Kori had built the tent their self from werewolf hide and pegs of dragon bones. ''Chirrp?'' They whined.
Sterling grimace and clung to Kori's leg during the brief flight, before being dropped off in a...hut? Strange; he eyed the wolf pelts and the dragon pegs.

"I'll be fine, Kori, just need to get this bolt out of my leg." He searched his pockets and found a length of gauze which he tied around his upper thigh. This next part was going to hurt. A lot.

With a grimace he pulled one of his knives out and cut away the fletching on the bolt. He then grabbed one of the drugged bolts. He'd have a few seconds before it took effect; if he were fast enough, he might not feel a thing. He gave himself the smallest scratch and then clenched the bolt. As soon as he felt woozy, he pulled the bolt free of his leg. Pain and wooziness combined--making him pass out. The bloodied bolt clattered to the floor.
Korilana Larvonte (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Kori cringed at sight.

When Sterling awoke it was night, and Kori was back in their usual humanoid wyvern form. They were fast asleep near the entrance, resting on their side to ease the pain of injured feet. A freshly injured Werewolf was slumped close by, its face ripped to shreds. It seemed to only be a young'in, ad was too hurt to move elsewhere.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The odd hunter (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus